Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What other team could unseat the Chiefs?
Popular public opinion has the Chiefs
And Bengals as the top 2 AFC teams.
But could another AFC team pass up the Chiefs
And might be the Bengals could be facing them
In the Title Game. ,
What team could you possibly see coming
Out of nowhere to pass Mahomes and Co?
Reply/Quote
The Dolphins if Tua can stay healthy. I don't expect him to but I don't think anyone else does either, so that would be the out-of-nowhere.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Bills. With Von Miller back and I think Dalton Kincaid in a 2 TE look will help them. But I think we match up with them well. But they are still very good.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 02:42 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Popular public opinion has the Chiefs
In the Title Game. ,

I could see the Jags making some noise. They have a really good coach and Lawrence I think, unfortunately, is going to be a really good QB. 
Reply/Quote
The Jets
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Realistically, I think it's doubtful that any other team could beat us or the Chiefs, but I do think that the Bills and Jets could be tough beats and might be able to give the Chiefs (and us) a game.

The Jets now have Rogers and added Lazard, Cobb, and Hardman for him to throw to. I also like Hall and Carter in their backfield, as well as Conklin at tight end.

And as long as they have Allen, the Bills are always a threat.

However, like I said, I don't think that any team has a realistic shot of beating us or the Chiefs with Burrow and Mahomes running the shows because we're just too hard to stop.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 03:22 PM)TheFan Wrote: I could see the Jags making some noise. They have a really good coach and Lawrence I think, unfortunately, is going to be a really good QB. 

Almost mentioned the Jags because I think they'll be good this year but I don't think they're there just yet.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 03:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Almost mentioned the Jags because I think they'll be good this year but I don't think they're there just yet.

If Ridley gets back to form and their defense can hold up, they have the potential to be dangerous. That said, I think they are a few pieces and a year away from being in the top 1 or 2 team discussion.

It's going to be interesting with Lawrence, Mahomes, Burrow and Allen all battling it out for the next few years.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
In the Title Game. ,

Here's the full list;

1. Bengals
2. Bills from a couple years ago.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Jags were literally one bonehead decision by Lawrence away from beating the Chiefs last season. So there is not as much space between these teams as we think.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 03:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Ridley gets back to form and their defense can hold up, they have the potential to be dangerous. That said, I think they are a few pieces and a year away from being in the top 1 or 2 team discussion.

It's going to be interesting with Lawrence, Mahomes, Burrow and Allen all battling it out for the next few years.
I think Ridley will be tough and I don't think he'll have troubles returning to form after the suspension and time off because I doubt he was just laying around getting fat.
(06-19-2023, 03:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's the full list;

1. Bengals
2. Bills from a couple years ago.

Made me chuckle!
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 03:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: The Jags were literally one bonehead decision by Lawrence away from beating the Chiefs last season. So there is not as much space between these teams as we think.

I just think the Chiefs are a much more complete team.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 03:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: The Jags were literally one bonehead decision by Lawrence away from beating the Chiefs last season. So there is not as much space between these teams as we think.

Yeah, that's football though. The Chiefs had to go to OT to beat the Texans. Does that imply there is a very narrow gap between those two teams? Football is defined by high levels of parity due to the small schedule and single elimination style of the playoffs. The Jaguars are a talented team, but there is a significant gap between "good" and "Super Bowl contender". 
Reply/Quote
If the question is what team i think could do it in a playoff setting and it just get a win in the regular season i got us, Jets, Bills, Chargers, Ravens and Dolphins.

Now my heart tells me us and the Jets because we are the only teams with a QB i feel can manage the game well enough to still be in it, in the 4th. I just don’t trust TUA or Herbert. I trust Jackson but i do not see how they’d keep up with their offensive system unless they drastically change it this year.

I seriously the Jets are gonna win around 13 games this year. Their defense is fire and now they’ve got a QB to go with their weapons. Honestly i feel like they mirror us pretty closely but they’ve got an even better defensive potential while our offensive potential is probably greater than theirs
-Housh
Reply/Quote

I cannot trust Trevor Lawrence. Yeah he went insane against the Dolphins and played decent vs the Chiefs but i just can’t get those 4 playoff ints out my head
-Housh
Reply/Quote
In the Title Game. ,

Jets have a nasty defense and now an offense to compete. If the o-line holds up they’ll be a Top 5 AFC team.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Agree that the Bengals and Chiefs should be the favorites but the AFC is wide-open and many could win it imo.

The Bills, Chargers, Dolphins, Ravens, Jags, and Jets could all contend imo.

Plus think steelers, Browns, Patriots and Titans could surprise and make some noise as well.

Think the AFCN is going to be brutal this year, yet still see the Bengals winning if remaining healthy.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Chargers took Chiefs to wire in both games, strong Offense , need better decision making from Staley this season
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 07:15 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree that the Bengals and Chiefs should be the favorites but the AFC is wide-open and many could win it imo.

The Bills, Chargers, Dolphins, Ravens, Jags, and Jets could all contend imo.

Plus think steelers, Browns, Patriots and Titans could surprise and make some noise as well.

Think the AFCN is going to be brutal this year, yet still see the Bengals winning if remaining healthy.

That’s the thing with the AFC. It’s gonna be DEEP. I’m even predicting 9-10 wins for Cleveland the way Watson has been slinging it in camp. Titans don’t scare anyone but let them get up 10 points and they are a problem too.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I do not like the addition of Todd Monken to the Ravens.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote