Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What round would you draft Orlando Brown
(03-12-2018, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote: I disagree.

He can't bend which shows with leverage struggles on the outside it would be more pronounced inside.

(03-12-2018, 02:00 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You do have a point.

I just see a big issue with his footwork and lack of athleticism.

To be honest, I'm not really a big fan of many offensive lineman in this draft. It's a pretty weak class.

I was going to say something about that, the other day.  But, I held back, out of respect to your scouting ability.   Ninja

In his draft profile on NFL.com, it is like the biggest knock on him.  That, and his poor footwork, and propensity to lunge.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 12:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I would be happy taking him in the 2nd. Folks around here are tripping.

Same here. He's got the productivity to prove he belongs.
No worries though, wait til 14th and see how that goes.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 03:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wolf, I have a great deal of respect for your opinion around here.  However, I have to ask you why you feel like Brown would be good at Guard?  The guy has never put his hand in the dirt in college.

(03-12-2018, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote: I disagree.

He can't bend which shows with leverage struggles on the outside it would be more pronounced inside.

(03-12-2018, 01:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Kind of agree with this, he has the mass to be a guard but not sure of the rest. 

(03-12-2018, 02:00 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You do have a point.

I just see a big issue with his footwork and lack of athleticism.

To be honest, I'm not really a big fan of many offensive lineman in this draft. It's a pretty weak class.

(03-12-2018, 03:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Orlando Brown has a lot of similarities as the Bengals' own Andre Smith.
Big college LT that has some athletic limitations, many seeing him as needing to move to the right side.
Smith also underperformed at his Pro Day (left Combine before the drills), only putting up a 5.28 40 time on Alabama's track and only posting 19 reps on the bench.
What Smith lacked in athleticism he (somewhat) made up for in sheer size and length.

I see Brown following a similar path to Smith.

The reason why Andre didn't do well at RG was because he couldn't rise and set, before the DT got up on him. Even as RT, when he was set at snap, he had issues. I have never seen a tackle line up perpendicular to line of scrimmage, until I saw Andre.... he would expose his inside just so he wont get beat outside.

Given the two OL FA transactions already, not sure if early pick would be spent on one in the draft. Maybe if the kid from Pitt is there in round three (O'neil?)

Reply/Quote
Brown improved his number across the board today at his pro day.

40 = 5.63 (5.77)
Bench = 18 reps (14 reps)
Broad jump = 89” (82”)
Vert = 25” (19.5”)

Good to see he is working to get better, still not great numbers.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 12:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I would be happy taking him in the 2nd. Folks around here are tripping.

This is where he will go. And if we take A center in the first he should be on our list
Reply/Quote