Poll: What's been more exhausting?
Chase vs Sewell debate
Hoopla around the jerseys
Others (please specify in comments)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's been more exhausting?
(04-22-2021, 04:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The debate a little but more so the choice to keep them both.

I could probably deal with Taylor if Lou was gone and an experienced DC was hired.

Just feels like no matter who we draft, it is still going to be a down year due to coaching.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I'm still not seeing how it's been overly exhausting that they chose to keep Taylor and Anarumo?
I agree with your statement that it's probably a fool's errand to think the offense and/or defense will magically become good since both have been putrid the past two years, but I wouldn't say it's been an exhausting topic.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 05:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I'm still not seeing how it's been overly exhausting that they chose to keep Taylor and Anarumo?
I agree with your statement that it's probably a fool's errand to think the offense and/or defense will magically become good since both have been putrid the past two years, but I wouldn't say it's been an exhausting topic.

Didn't see in the first post or title where it was just about threads on the board. 

Thought it was just a general question of what is the most exhausting thing of the off season and to me the thing that is exhausting is seeing the same coaches and same front office here still doing the same things after two horrible seasons.

If you are just asking about thread topics, there really hasn't been much to discuss in the off season... so of course it is the Sewell Chase debate but again, there is really nothing much else to discuss and previous years the debate wasn't as much since everyone was generally agreed on what the biggest need was.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 05:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Didn't see in the first post or title where it was just about threads on the board. 

Thought it was just a general question of what is the most exhausting thing of the off season and to me the thing that is exhausting is seeing the same coaches and same front office here still doing the same things after two horrible seasons.

If you are just asking about thread topics, there really hasn't been much to discuss in the off season... so of course it is the Sewell Chase debate but again, there is really nothing much else to discuss and previous years the debate wasn't as much since everyone was generally agreed on what the biggest need was.

It's not just about threads on the board, but I guess I made an assumption that "exhausting" would be interpreted as chatter on the topic, either here and/or in the media.

Thank you for helping me realize it could be interpreted as exhausting just seeing them still here. I hadn't thought it would had been interpreted that way.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 05:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's not just about threads on the board, but I guess I made an assumption that "exhausting" would be interpreted as chatter on the topic, either here and/or in the media.

Thank you for helping me realize it could be interpreted as exhausting just seeing them still here. I hadn't thought it would had been interpreted that way.

It's all good.

But honestly I think part of what is causing so much division and frustration on the board and these grand debates is the complete lack of faith in the coaches and Duke Tobin and the front office.

If we had confidence in the team drafting well and getting the most out of players I know I wouldn't care who they picked where. But, with the most recent track record, I have no faith in the coaches or front office and that has lead to me having no confidence in them getting value in later rounds versus drafting another Sample.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Other: constant Bengal fan inclination towards chicken little pessimism that never seems to 1) change with circumstance or 2) cause them to stay off the Internet
Reply/Quote
Gotta be honest, I didn't expect to see 0 votes for the jersey buildup.
For me it was a toss-up.
I was getting so sick of hearing all these hints about the new stripes and jerseys themselves.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The Sewell vs. Chase Poll is over 30 days old with Sewell leading by 57 votes. There has been much debate since then. It would be interesting to start a new poll to see how many people have changed their minds as we get closer to the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Chase vs. Sewell debate for me no question.

It's gotten to the point where I'm looking forward to draft more because I want the debate to stop than I want to see our picks.

I've never seen a topic take over the board quite like this one.  I understand it's a slow time of year with little to talk about but surely there's other things to discuss.  It's been the same topic for weeks now, with the same people and the same argument.  And it just goes on and on, and on...

Look, I'm not going to knock people for having opinions.  But my own is that enitely way too much focus is being placed on a singular pick.  The entire draft matters, and I think we can go a number of different ways with the 1st pick and still have a successful draft.

I can't wait to see the Sewell and Chase threads slowly start sliding down the page, until they're long forgotten, and we can actually start to talk about something else.

Same, I have made my points and I am just like Wes here as more team Pitts. Ready for a week from today and then to look to 
the latter rounds where there is also so much talent and we are in the top 5 in every round. Should be a lot of fun.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:16 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Indeed.  The debate won’t end after the first pick is announced though.  The side whose player didn’t get picked will howl.  If we trade back, draft Pitts, or draft someone else both sides will howl.  

I’ll admit I’ll howl if we end up with someone else at 5.  Otherwise I’ll be ok with whatever we do.  We have several areas that need addressed and after all 7 rounds are done then we can assess how we think they did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I won't complain if we take Chase, Pitts, or Sewell at 5.  Hard to say about a trade down until you see the terms and who we wind up with.  I honestly don't get the vibe that most of the other members of "Team Chase" will be upset with Sewell or Pitts, either.  Team Sewell has most of the drama queens in the debate.  You know, the guys who are like "the season is lost", "only dumb teams would take", "Burrow will die if we don't", "waste the pick", etc.
Reply/Quote
Damn, I should have put an option about FA. The talk about Thuney, Golladay, and other high profile guys was crazy too.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Chase/Sewell by far. Jersey build up was very annoying as well. Classic thread was the Nick Vigil thread several years ago. However, let's not do that again regardless because we know how that turned out.

Reply/Quote
I vote the second round offensive linemen talk via the Chase/Sewell Debate. Can't even mention other Offensive Linemen without it turning into a Chase/Sewell Debate.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 08:03 PM)Synric Wrote: I vote the second round offensive linemen talk via the Chase/Sewell Debate.

Oh you mean like Leatherwood vs Cosmi vs Davis vs Humphrey vs other? Or just the mindset that any 2nd round OL will be far inferior to Sewell or Slater?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 08:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Oh you mean like Leatherwood vs Cosmi vs Davis vs Humphrey vs other? Or just the mindset that any 2nd round OL will be far inferior to Sewell or Slater?

Yes too (to?) both.

Cosmi vs Jalen Mayfield etc...Where does James Hudson rank? How about some of those late round sleepers like Jaylon Moore?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I chose other. The only thing that has been exhausting for me is that I've been nursing an injury and have been on crutches and a boot for a couple weeks, and my dad just had heart surgery and isnt well at all, and visitation is difficult under covid restrictions. Its been a little exhausting for sure.

I enjoy the debates and like reading the opinions on the players we might draft. I wish people would not let it get to them emotionally the way it does though. Its just the draft, other peoples opinions and nothing more than that. We all have who we wish and want, and that is all it is. If its a cause of emotional exhaustion than something is wrong with that picture. If it were that way for me I would not be on here until the draft is over. The upcoming draft is one of the most exciting ones I can remember because there are so many options, and we have an amazing QB to build around. We could take Sewell, Chase, Pitts, or trade back. Exciting times to be a Bengal fan!
Reply/Quote
For me, the debate without question. I'm a hardcore draftnik but it's taken almost all the wind out of my sails this year. I'm not looking forward to much of it at all and have spoken about how I might just hibernate until Day 2. Even on Day 2, they're in a unique position this year where they may just be compensating for their choice in R1 (and considering bottom-rung names that I wouldn't normally touch with a flagpole lol), which doesn't exactly bode well for me.

Day 3 should be more fun. There are countless guys I'm following. Unfortunately, a bunch of them are wideouts on whom it would be borderline criminal to waste a pick in view of what goes down in R1, so I'm tempted to strike even those guys off my board before it all goes down.

So yeah, it sucks lol. I can't wait till it's over. The analytics community has smothered the draft with their binary approach to the game, and I find it increasingly hard to enjoy as a result.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 08:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Oh you mean like Leatherwood vs Cosmi vs Davis vs Humphrey vs other? Or just the mindset that any 2nd round OL will be far inferior to Sewell or Slater?

Be fair though. This is also true of the Pro Chase crowd.

They act like all the decent WRs will be snapped up and there's no hope in the 2nd round.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The Chase v. Sewell debate. Not enough posters recognize each player can be a good pick. People dig their heals into only one can be the pick.
Reply/Quote
Chase vs Sewell

That's the main reason I haven't been on much for the last month or so.
Reply/Quote
I'm afraid the Chase/Sewell debate is only going to accelerate after the pick is actually made, at least for a week or so. Jerry

And it will never actually end if the pick doesn't end up great. Buckle up, gang.
Reply/Quote