Poll: Next position to be addressed in free agency?
LG
C
RT
CB
TE
Other
We're done
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's next?
(03-14-2022, 02:33 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I would be glad to edit the poll if someone will tell me how.  Mellow

Till then "other" will have to suffice.

I wasn't focusing on your poll. I was reacting to losing Larry O.  Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:17 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Gonna say RT.  I think we could make do with Hopkins at C but I'm confident our 2022 RT is not on the roster.  Yet.

No reason for us to make do with Hopkins if we can get Bozeman, Allen or Jones for slightly more money.
Reply/Quote
WE HAVE MULTIPLE WINNERS!

Karras has experience at two postions. After consultation, judges have decided to award credit for both LG and C. Those five Nostradomuses can step forward and claim their prize.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:01 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: WE HAVE MULTIPLE WINNERS!

Karras has experience at two postions.  After consultation, judges have decided to award credit for both LG and C.  Those five Nostradomuses can step forward and claim their prize.

I was thinking about voting, but then said screw it, nobody cares what I think so I didn't.. I demand an honesty prize. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: I was thinking about voting, but then said screw it, nobody cares what I think so I didn't.. I demand an honesty prize. ThumbsUp

I don't care what you think about this, no prize for you!  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Well, since we have not released Hopkins yet, I am assuming Karras is at LG for now, though that could change.

Starters on O: Burrow; Mixon; Chase, Higgins, Boyd; TE ???; Williams, Karras, Hopkins, Cappa, RT ???.

Starters on D: Hendrickson, Reader, DT ???, Hubbard; L. Wilson, Pratt; Awuzie, CB2 ?? (Waynes), Hilton; Bell, Bates.

Not that we could not upgrade more (C, CB), but in terms of holes, RT, TE, and DT are tops. Waynes is on the roster at least at CB.
Reply/Quote
What's next might be an extension for Spain. This popped up on his Twitter feed.

Might be that he likes the OL signings, but I would guess this means he might be coming back to be a part of things.

This is the type of effort to fix the line that has been needed for years. Glad to see they finally decided to take it serious!

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I am assuming we cut Hopkins next to free up cap space cause Karras can play Center.

We went after the Center first and it might of been the right way to go about it looking back.

Now we can spend more on a RT if we cut Hop. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:01 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: WE HAVE MULTIPLE WINNERS!

Karras has experience at two postions.  After consultation, judges have decided to award credit for both LG and C.  Those five Nostradomuses can step forward and claim their prize.

I voted Center.  Where do I pick up my prize pack?  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What's next might be an extension for Spain. This popped up on his Twitter feed.

Might be that he likes the OL signings, but I would guess this means he might be coming back to be a part of things.

This is the type of effort to fix the line that has been needed for years. Glad to see they finally decided to take it serious!

I heard from someone that he was hurt in the Playoffs and the SB which would make sense for his poor play.

He was good in the regular season.
Reply/Quote
Another outside the box idea- Get Morgan Fox as the backup 3T now that Hill is back and Larry left. There’s the Zac Taylor connection from the Rams, plus he was just cut so he won’t factor into the comp pick formula. Not the splashiest name but provides some interior pass rush and should be an affordable option. Seeing his old team win it all immediately after he left may also further motivate him to try to ring chase.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, since we have not released Hopkins yet, I am assuming Karras is at LG for now, though that could change.  

Starters on O: Burrow; Mixon; Chase, Higgins, Boyd; TE ???; Williams, Karras, Hopkins, Cappa, RT ???.

Starters on D: Hendrickson, Reader, DT ???, Hubbard; L. Wilson, Pratt; Awuzie, CB2 ?? (Waynes), Hilton; Bell, Bates.

Not that we could not upgrade more (C, CB), but in terms of holes, RT, TE, and DT are tops. Waynes is on the roster at least at CB.

B.J. Hill signed for three years.   Oginjobi to da bears
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:15 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: B.J. Hill signed for three years.   Oginjobi to da bears

Man, we are not wasting time this year at all. 

ATM starters: 

O: Burrow; Mixon; Chase, Higgins, Boyd; TE ???; Williams, Karras, Hopkins, Cappa, RT ???. 

D: Hendrickson, Reader, BJ Hill, Hubbard; Wilson, Pratt; Awuzie, Waynes, Hilton; Bell, Bates. 

RT & TE the glaring holes on offense. Reiff & CJ? Karras playing C still an option. 

On D we can field a functional lineup with the guys we have, but would still expect Waynes to be cut. 

If we had $35 mil in space to start the day, it is more like $5-$10 mil now, depending on the structures. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: I was thinking about voting, but then said screw it, nobody cares what I think so I didn't.. I demand an honesty prize. ThumbsUp

Old fart. How about you and I award ourselves the GOML prize?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I voted Center.  Where do I pick up my prize pack?  Cool

Meet me at the home opener.  Sect 152, row 16, seat 1.  I'll buy you a beer.
Reply/Quote
A upgrade at RT would be nice.
Reply/Quote
I went over to Browns message board they have a post about our FA period so far. Great they fixed their IOL 1 weakness we could exploit is fixed rest of north in trouble
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I went over to Browns message board they have a post about our FA period so far. Great they fixed their IOL 1 weakness we could exploit is fixed rest of north in trouble

Just have to get that RT position solidified and yes, the rest of the AFC North is in big trouble including the Stains.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just have to get that RT position solidified and yes, the rest of the AFC North is in big trouble including the Stains.

This ^^^^^^^

Agree, fix offense here and now and let the defense have the early picks imo and let the fireworks begin. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I voted CB, as I think we re-sign Eli Apple to a 2 yr deal, it opens up the draft for us and it allows us to take BPA in first 2 days regardless of position.
Reply/Quote