Poll: Next position to be addressed in free agency?
LG
C
RT
CB
TE
Other
We're done
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's next?
According to a trusted source on Twitter (Jake Liscow), we can afford to sign 4 more Alex Cappa type contracts. Or duplicate the same 3 contacts from yesterday.

Tretter, Collins and a CB.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:40 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: According to a trusted source on Twitter (Jake Liscow), we can afford to sign 4 more Alex Cappa type contracts. Or duplicate the same 3 contacts from yesterday.

Tretter, Collins and a CB.

Damn you for even allowing me to think that.

Damn you all to hell!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Give us Tretter
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Damn you for even allowing me to think that.

Damn you all to hell!!!

New quote for the bio, thank you sir. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I voted RT for a couple reasons:
- We have defensive starters in place (unless Waynes is let go)
- IOL can suffice between Karras, Cappa, and Hopkins
- RT has Isaiah Prince as the incumbent starter (yikes)

I have heard rumblings that the Bengals may like Daniel Faalele in the draft, but I wouldn't bank on him as a Day 1 starter.
I'd be ok with him added as a backup to groom for a year or two though.

TE just has Drew Sample right now, but I don't see TE as a higher priority than RT right now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Maybe what's next is now transitioning to Duke and Zac seeing who is available after teams make cuts to get under the cap? I suggest this since we've not seen any additional signings just yet. Maybe the 2 OL and bringing back Hill is the extent of our FA moves?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Quiet so far today.

Yeah.... I think the Bengals executed their plan to perfection yesterday and now are waiting a bit to see what becomes available after cap cuts.
Reply/Quote
This is the frustrating thing about FA.
A bunch of guys go on the first day, then it starts to trickle.

I JUST WANNA KNOW ALL THE SIGNINGS SO I CAN START MY POST-FA MOCK PLEASE BENGALS!
Ninja
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 02:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is the frustrating thing about FA.
A bunch of guys go on the first day, then it starts to trickle.

I JUST WANNA KNOW ALL THE SIGNINGS SO I CAN START MY POST-FA MOCK PLEASE BENGALS!
Ninja

& I'm ready to read your post-FA mock!
Reply/Quote
SOMETHING HAPPEN NOW PLEASE

Except from the Reds. They’ve done enough dumb bullshit to last me a while.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Longer it goes without Gronk signing with Buccs the more I allow myself to get excited.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:03 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: SOMETHING HAPPEN NOW PLEASE

The Reds have taken the mantle from Bengals of the 90's. Horrible from ownership on down. Small market or not to allow Nick Castellanos to walk for what we could have gotten him for is beyond dumb
Reply/Quote
Yawn
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:15 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Longer it goes without Gronk signing with Buccs the more I allow myself to get excited.

He wont come here,  Maybe if Brady stayed retired,  But with Brady talking Jensen into staying, and attempting to talk Cappa into it,  You know hes been all over Gronk.  Lets do it one more time.  So Gronk retires again, or stays in Tampa.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:21 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: He wont come here,  Maybe if Brady stayed retired,  But with Brady talking Jensen into staying, and attempting to talk Cappa into it,  You know hes been all over Gronk.  Lets do it one more time.  So Gronk retires again, or stays in Tampa.

I think this is right, my hope is Conklin or Everett....

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:03 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: SOMETHING HAPPEN NOW PLEASE

Seriously, you'd have to only care to go to a Reds game this year because you just love baseball. But if you love baseball that much, might as well save some $$ and go to a minor league game instead.

Can't see how there will be a draw without Gray, Castellanos, Winker, Suarez, Miley, Barnhart, or Lorenzen.
The whole outfield trash.

Can't imagine people would come just for Votto, India, and Stephenson.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I voted RT for a couple reasons:
- We have defensive starters in place (unless Waynes is let go)
- IOL can suffice between Karras, Cappa, and Hopkins
- RT has Isaiah Prince as the incumbent starter (yikes)

I have heard rumblings that the Bengals may like Daniel Faalele in the draft, but I wouldn't bank on him as a Day 1 starter.
I'd be ok with him added as a backup to groom for a year or two though.

TE just has Drew Sample right now, but I don't see TE as a higher priority than RT right now.

Well Tretter today shows not to be too aggressive the first day. There’s going to be more casualties. Getting Tretter and drafting a tackle at #31 would be plenty good. Getting Collins with guard rails and not giving up any draft choices better. I like the idea going into the draft with Apple on board and drafting a CB @ #31 a DT @ 63 a TE @ #95
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well Tretter today shows not to be too aggressive the first day. There’s going to be more casualties. Getting Tretter and drafting a tackle at #31 would be plenty good. Getting Collins with guard rails and not giving up any draft choices better. I like the idea going into the draft with Apple on board and drafting a CB @ #31 a DT @ 63 a TE @ #95

You have more faith than me.

I have zero faith in our oline scouts to draft a rookie starter RT at 31.

Getting Collins for 4th or later with his contract would be optimal for 3 years.

We can get a better corner than Apple in FA, the CB market didnt explode which is good.

I dont expect a rookie CB to start.

I definitely agree on drafting a DT - we could possibly get a Mathew Butler in the 4th (maybe have to use our 3rd picking so late)

Also agree on drafting a TE - would love McBride - no chance, but Ruckert /Likely would be solid, still need to sign a vet at that spot. (Would love Cronklin or Everett)

Reply/Quote