Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with Geno ?
(09-19-2016, 09:55 AM)jonesy84 Wrote: That was also a ton of BS.  And you know you're getting shafted by the refs as a Bengals fan when DAN FOUTS will call it out on national TV!!!  That guy is the biggest dweeb, Bengal-hating analyst and he pointed out multiple, not one or two, but like five instances where refs blew calls.  In fairness we had probably one hit that should have been called for being borderline too high, but still 1 no call in our favor vs. what, like 10 no calls in Shittsburgh's favor!?  But I guess we all deep down expected that. Still BS though

I will tell you what I was really impressed with yesterday though...  the quality of the stitching on Geno's jersey!  Ninja  It was being pulled so hard on about every single series, I was surprised it didn't get ripped at least four or five times yesterday.  But no, it held up and he wore the same jersey all day!  Not that is quality gear right there!

You are right, kudos to the seamstress that stitched those jersey's. 

They held up remarkably under condition steeler O-line put them through.  

That sparks an idea, lets wear rip aways next time to accentuate the steelers holding. 

Can not deny throwing flag if they are holding our jersey in their hands still.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The whole D line was held pretty much the whole game. Hell, on one play they actually tackled Hunt.

Dunlap too, the tackle just grabbed him by Carlos' arm with two hands and almost jerked it out of socket it appeared. 

What a joke. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sometimes complaining to the officials draws the opposite of the desired result.  It became obvious, early in the game that the Steelers OL was going to be allowed to get away with whatever they wanted.  Heck, they even allowed Pouncey to rock back in his stance, and called the Bengals for encroachment.

Like Marvin's current approach is providing the desired result?  Stupid is as stupid does.  Marvin needs to get some stones and start standing up for his team.  He's acts like a ***** on the sidelines.  If I was one of his player's I'd be pissed he's not standing up for me.  Think Bill Cowher or Bill Parcel's would put up with that crap?  Marvin doesn't get preferential treatment because he's a nice guy.
Reply/Quote
Bro Dunlap and MJ are more of a concern. Geno is double teamed a lot and the DT position in itself isn't a sack getting position. All Geno can do is occupy 2 defenders. If he does that then hes his old all pro self imo. Where's Dunlap been is MY question. Dude should have a sack by now. Funny the guy you called out is the only guy on the team besides Will Clarke that even has a sack.

I'm actually surprised we only have 2 sacks in 2 games.

Our Offensive and defensive lines cant be crappy at the same time or this season isn't gonna go good
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 11:07 AM)Housh Wrote: Bro Dunlap and MJ are more of a concern. Geno is double teamed a lot and the DT position in itself isn't a sack getting position. All Geno can do is occupy 2 defenders. If he does that then hes his old all pro self imo. Where's Dunlap been is MY question. Dude should have a sack by now. Funny the guy you called out is the only guy on the team besides Will Clarke that even has a sack.

I'm actually surprised we only have 2 sacks in 2 games.

Our Offensive and defensive lines cant be crappy at the same time or this season isn't gonna go good

Dunlap was held repeatedly, without any flags.  That is where he was..

All it would have taken, would have been one flag for holding, then Dunlap and crew would have been having a field day.  Bengals DL did their jobs, beat their men, can't fight officiating not making calls.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/777879600034672640

Where was Dunlap? Getting tackled by Jesse James. Watch this bullshit.

Oh, and the NFL is taking down Lance McAlister's videos he is posting on twitter.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 05:44 PM)MentalRage Wrote: https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/777879600034672640

Where was Dunlap? Getting tackled by Jesse James. Watch this bullshit.

Oh, and the NFL is taking down Lance McAlister's videos he is posting on twitter.

All real conspiracies end in a cover-up.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He has faced two of the best centers and one of the best guards in the league so far. Wont happen every week.

whats that got to do with Geno being one of the best d tackles in the effin league?

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:37 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Geno has been getting double teamed a lot , where has Dunlap been is the really question has not been able to beat one on one with the tackle.

Dunlap had 2 sacks on Sunday, negated because he was held.

Not to mention he penetrated and had DeAngelo for a loss when he had that big run in the 4th, but he was tackled by the Outlaw.

Dunlap has been robbed.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't mean to sound condescending, but are you kidding me?  How has that worked in the past?

Marv already tip toes around the league and the officials like he is afraid to start his car when he gets home.

Even raising your voice in disgust to an official would likely get you in the same boat as Burfict.  

There is only one thing they can do:  overcome it.  Be better.  We all know that we won't get calls.

Uzomah's knee
Boyd's knee
Holds all day
Late hit on Dalton that knocked his helmet off and rode him in to the dirt

That is just one game!  The Bengals have someone that puts together video clips and sends it to the league after every game. The NFL states that this is the only acceptable form of protest.  Complaining in the media will be viewed as an attack on the integrity of the game and will not be tolerated.  They are already doing all they can within the scope of the rules.  

That's why it's up to local media to talk it up.  I love what McCalister did.  We should be sending this stuff to national media not the NFL.  The NFL will just bury it and come out with more Blandino moronic platitudes.  Make it easy for the press.  Mike and Mike would put it on the air if we did the cut ups for them.   That stuff sells if it's the media crying foul instead of players and teams.

But we better make sure that we clearly only had a few infractions ourselves before we get the media laid out because we didn't do their homework  Ninja

If we can do a snap for snap analysis with a vine to back it all up and send it to everyone the league ends up with egg on their face.  And none of it attributable to the team.
Reply/Quote
After looking All Pro like in the pre season I agree he has disappeared..........needless to say we need him back to form for our defense to shine....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 12:38 PM)3wt Wrote: That's why it's up to local media to talk it up.  I love what McCalister did.  We should be sending this stuff to national media not the NFL.  The NFL will just bury it and come out with more Blandino moronic platitudes.  Make it easy for the press.  Mike and Mike would put it on the air if we did the cut ups for them.   That stuff sells if it's the media crying foul instead of players and teams.

But we better make sure that we clearly only had a few infractions ourselves before we get the media laid out because we didn't do their homework  Ninja

If we can do a snap for snap analysis with a vine to back it all up and send it to everyone the league ends up with egg on their face.  And none of it attributable to the team.

I love what Lance did as well, but I think the reality of the situation is that so very few people care like we do on the entire scale of things, it is like an ant is carrying a protest sign on an elephant.  No one will see it and no one will care.  That doesn't mean if I am the Bengals that I don't document everything and maybe even provide a copy to the media. 
Reply/Quote
The majority of people don't care but if we don't bring it up & discuss it/***** about it, then nothing will change. Probably won't anyhow but....
Reply/Quote