Poll: Which loss stings worse?
Super Bowl Loss stings worse
Losing to Cheifs stings worse
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What stings worst?
Super Bowl blowout loss (or regular loss) to Eagles?

Or the loss today?

I vote Super Bowl loss. Granted, we probably find a way to make it a close game against the Eagles. But their defense and offense have dominated all year. I think there was a real possibility of them blowing us out, or at the very least us losing the game. I could see them blowing out the Chiefs as well.

I would have given the Eagles or 9ers a 55% chance of winning based off our offensive line without 3 starters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess this one does because it's a step backwards. I mean, we should still have Burrow for the next decade plus, so meh...I guess we'll live but still.
Reply/Quote
It always sucks when you lose in the playoffs. This was a fun year. I've enjoyed interactions on the board for the most part. This year brought me back to screaming with excitement watching games. That was gone in me for years. Came back last year too.
Reply/Quote
Nothing stings

We lost to a great team

Did ppl think we were impervious to losing or something?

This is ball at the highest level
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Being 3-13 or 4-12 was a different kind of pain. But it was pain.
Reply/Quote
Yeah the refs weren't great but I don't know that they were neccessarily bias. When it came down to it the Bengals oline couldn't protect Burrow enough. Cheifs secondary is better than last year too.

Don't see how this oline could hold up in the Super Bowl. I dont know if there's a defense that can contain the Eagles offense when healthy either. They are elite up front and at the skill positions. And Hurts should have won MVP.
Reply/Quote
I'm sitting here with an almost 4 week old baby sleeping on me. Life is good.
Reply/Quote
We have no idea how we'd have fared in the Super Bowl. Win today and we may have played the game of our lives in the SB. Maybe the Eagles play like crap?

Had we lost to the Chiefs last year in the AFCCG, it wouldn't have stung too bad as it wasn't necessarily 'our time'. This year we're very much legit though, and had a clear shot at winning the AFC tonight. We blew it.

What doesn't sting, is knowing that if we can just protect Burrow, the AFC is very much ours to win next year.
Reply/Quote
The best team doesn't always win the Super Bowl, for some reason I wasn't as invested this season. It definitely hurts, but after losing the SB I was sad for like a month lol. I have a feeling when the Eagles crush the chiefs I won't be sad for too long lol.

Last year I remember being up in the SB with the ball in the 4th, and this year I'll remember having the ball, game tied, 2 minutes to go - and we lose in regulation. A lot of weird shit had to happen, intentional grounding, offensive holding, bad ST, ossai's push out of bounds

We had to win 12 straight to get the SB win, would have been tough. 10-1 in last 11 games...
Reply/Quote
What Stings worse?, is that I won't be able to bond my with my teenage Daughter anymore watching this trash they call NFL football. It's ok, though, we'll focus on other hobbies we enjoy that don't rely on all these games we don't even control the outcome of. 45 years, bye bye "National Football League" .. I've already written off MLB a long time ago after being a long suffering B'more O's fan. (Yeah I know weird combo) Sianora. Consider Shitty Chefs vs Iggles Superbowl Garabage not watched.
Reply/Quote
Super Bowl. I’m already slowly getting over this one. Possibly because i know we screwed our selves.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:47 AM)Housh Wrote: Nothing stings

We lost to a great team

Exactly. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

We lost to a great team

Agree wholeheartedly. I thought this was an elite showing by our team for sure. Defense made some key plays to keep us in it. 

The oline injuries leading up to this loss lessoned the blow for sure. It certainly felt like we could be coming up short again.

We showed once again we belong in the conversation. Need to revamp the line and stock up everywhere for another run.
Reply/Quote

We lost to a great team

I'll disagree. This stings bad because its such a brutal way to go out with a free 15 yards to put in scoring position.
Reply/Quote

We lost to a great team

This, all day.
Reply/Quote
I voted SB because it was the best option provided. But TBH, I’m not even disappointed right now. I’m not upset with Ossia, Burrow, Taylor or anyone else on this team. Just a few short years ago, we were in NFL purgatory and there was little fight/hope left in most of us. I am pretty damn happy where we are right now. This team is going to be winning quite a few games going forward because we are built to win.

Reply/Quote
I just can’t stand the Chiefs. Never liked Maho$& and Kelse.
Fly Eagles Fly

I won’t even consider buying State Farm insurance because of him.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
This one is recent so right now it stings more. And it gets much worse by watching the block in the back and non holding calls on game deciding plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I voted SB because it was the best option provided. But TBH, I’m not even disappointed right now. I’m not upset with Ossia, Burrow, Taylor or anyone else on this team. Just a few short years ago, we were in NFL purgatory and there was little fight/hope left in most of us. I am pretty damn happy where we are right now. This team is going to be winning quite a few games going forward because we are built to win.

And that's the right attitude to have. We are blessed right now. 
Fix the oline, add some depth, we can make a deeper run next year.
Reply/Quote

We lost to a great team

Agreed.
It was the top seed in the conference and a perennial contender for OPOY and MVP at QB.

I only would have been upset if the Bengals lost to some weaker team like the Jags, Ravens, or Chargers.
The Bengals, Bills, and Chiefs are all in that top tier and about equal on any given Sunday.

No shame in losing to the Chiefs, especially by just a last-second FG and them getting the refs' help a lot.

Bengals do need to do whatever it takes to never allow Adeniji to play an offensive snap again though.
Hopefully a new OT is drafted to back up and groom in order to knock Adeniji off the roster.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote