Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell happened to Billy?
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He is a quality center but he gets no push-up to line scrimmage.  I would just try Billy at center to see if he still has it he wasn't all that great of center either but he wasn't this bad.

No.  Hopkins is a solid center.  but not only solid our best offensive lineman by far on the team.  no way u move him back to center to "try it out".  billy needs to figure it out at guard or he done here.  Also in college price was a better guard than center so lets hope he wakes TF up. Also would like to add this team is horrible at evaluating talent and more so on the offensive line. They are just horrible.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Good point about the limitations, but a guy like Hopkins has limitations as well. The difference is that Hopkins has worked / found ways to deal with them and turn himself into a decent player at this level. Unfortunately, at least to this point, Price has not. 

Yes, Price always had short arms but he needs to learn to work through this.

(10-28-2019, 03:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True, but Hopkins is in his 6th year as a pro. Price is in his 2nd.
It makes sense to keep Price as a backup through his 4th year and hope he blossoms into something by then, but he's not worthy of starting right now. Unfortunately, the Bengals don't have a better option at OG, as Michael Jordan is just as bad (or worse).

Spot on as usual. Keep Price until he doesn't show any improvement.

I honestly think that Turner is just another bad OL coach. Mellow 

Just like Lou is a bad DC and Zac seems to be a bad playcaller.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 04:01 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: No.  Hopkins is a solid center.  but not only solid our best offensive lineman by far on the team.  no way u move him back to center to "try it out".  billy needs to figure it out at guard or he done here.  Also in college price was a better guard than center so lets hope he wakes TF up.  Also would like to add this team is horrible at evaluating talent and more so on the offensive line.  They are just horrible.

Sorry, I meant during the off season not now.  I find it hard to believe Price could become this bad.  Again, he wasn't great at center but not this bad the past year.  What the Hell is Turner doing to this group?  But the same argument can be made that Turner made Hopkins better.  
Hmm 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 04:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, Price always had short arms but he needs to learn to work through this.

Spot on as usual. Keep Price until he doesn't show any improvement.

I honestly think that Turner is just another bad OL coach. Mellow 

Just like Lou is a bad DC and Zac seems to be a bad playcaller.

I think Turner is a bad OL coach but I also think it would have taken a very special coach to get Price to overcome his limitations. Not only does he have terrible length but he also lunged a lot, wasn't the best with his hands, and had bad footwork. Basically, he was a project for the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He is absolutely dreadful and that is disappointing. I was skeptical of the pick with his short arms and pectoral injury but I was hopeful that he would find ways to make it work. Cincinnati really needed him to be the guy. Hopkins looks to be good, thankfully but man, I watch Price and it is just a pitiful showing.

I really, really hope Jonah works out or the offensive line is going to be in massive trouble.
Reply/Quote
He needs to be replaced immediately on my Sig, but the issue is we have no young player I can replace him with. I will say Auden Tate is working his way into the sig. I need Sam Hubbard to replace DD
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:44 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Maybe it’s time to stop drafting Buckeyes.

Price was a shitty pick in a long, long line of them.

so was your avatar a BUST!!! MOVE ALONG!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 05:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He needs to be replaced immediately on my Sig, but the issue is we have no young player I can replace him with. I will say Auden Tate is working his way into the sig. I need Sam Hubbard to replace DD

Maybe Lawson too. He's more myth than actual player at this point.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 05:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe Lawson too. He's more myth than actual player at this point.

Maybe there's a reason they are the 2 without helmets.

Reply/Quote
I wanted Billy Price here , it sucks that is not working out. Wasn't Price and Ragnow both 1st round projections? When Detroit picked Ragnow, I was happy we had taken Price. Sad to say, I guess the Price wasn't right.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 05:40 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I wanted Billy Price here , it sucks that is not working out. Wasn't Price and Ragnow both 1st round projections? When Detroit picked Ragnow, I was happy we had taken Price. Sad to say, I guess the Price wasn't right.

I was on the James Daniels bandwagon. I was hoping for him over both Ragnow and Price. he lasted until the 2nd RD

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm not ready to give up on him just yet, but damn, he has to start showing some kind of consistent improvement soon. If not, it will become a wasted 1st round pick...one that I was stoked about at the time.

I'm not ready to give up on him yet either but WOW ! There's some serious problems with this Oline and it goes much further than just Price.

I've watched Price closely in a couple games this season and it's not just his technique he just flat out looks lost. The line just has no chemistry at all !
Reply/Quote
He did play against arguably the best player in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 05:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not ready to give up on him yet either but WOW ! There's some serious problems with this Oline and it goes much further than just Price.

I've watched Price closely in a couple games this season and it's not just his technique he just flat out looks lost. The line just has no chemistry at all !

well we played musical OL all preseason and haven't stopped since...
Reply/Quote
Time to move on; doing neither player of franchise a favor by keeping him here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 06:08 PM)J24 Wrote: Time to move on; doing neither player of franchise a favor by keeping him here.

nah still on his rookie deal...  

Maybe he can be a fullback
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:44 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Maybe it’s time to stop drafting Buckeyes.

Price was a shitty pick in a long, long line of them.

(10-28-2019, 05:26 PM)RASCAL Wrote: so was your avatar a BUST!!! MOVE ALONG!!!

Welp, time for him to change his avatar and screen name to BlockBillyBlock   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals wanted Ragnow and panicked with the Price pick when Ragnow got taken one pick ahead of them. Not making excuses but Price was not picked by this coaching staff maybe he dosent fit there system or maybe he just sucks or both lol. In theory Tobin should take most of the heat for what’s gone on in the draft but no one knows who’s really in charge.
Reply/Quote