Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell happened to Billy?
(10-28-2019, 10:28 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Apparently they super reached right after Detroit took the guy they wanted because Mikey Brown is too cheap to trade up.

Kinda like how Pittsburgh took the guy they wanted because Mikey Brown is too cheap to trade up.

They wouldn't have had to trade up if they didn't trade for Sgt. Headache.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 07:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hubbard was a good pick.

That Chase Young guy looks halfway decent, too...

And that Bosa feller

Perhaps Turners playbook is just too advanced for these guys. Ninja

Reply/Quote
I'm not ready to give up on Billy yet. I think Billy would do well on a man or power blocking scheme like we used before Pollack. His biggest weakness is reaching on a zone block. Hopkins has long arms (almost 35 inch) so he can reach easily. So why did the Bengals draft Price when we were moving to a zone concept last year under Pollack? We drafted a player to fail. Sounds familiar. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 10:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's pretty accurate. I do recall people liking Ragnow the best. It was a coin flip between Daniels and Price...although with the proximity to OSU...I see why they went with Price.

Honestly, who knew he'd be THIS bad?

Is he really this bad though?

Or is it the change in the coaching, scheme and philosophy?

The constant carousal doesn't help either.  One minute Price is a Center, next he is a Guard, then he is the back up, then a starter.  Add that he sometimes has Hart, Jerry, Smith, Jordan and so on a so forth, it isn't a stable situation to be in.

Hopkins is playing well.  However he has been the only one playing well.  Williams hasn't been on the field, and Price may be trying to do too much to pick up the slack.  When players look as lost as our players do, it is usually coaching.  For some reason I think that Price will actually play better next year with a full year under Turner and with a stable OT in Williams with Hopkins at Center. 

Of course I could be completely wrong and Price really does stink and is garbage.  That is why I want Kindley in the 2nd if he is there.  If not Bredeson or even Logan Sternberg from Kentucky. 

A guy I like a lot right now for a sleeper pick is Tyler Biadasz for the Center position.  This way if Price is garbage we, Biadasz could step in.

If it wasn't for our woefully bad LBer play, I would be OLine with the 1st 3 rounds.  Though I do like some of the guys that may be there in the 4th and 5th round at the LBer position.  I also believe that the OLine is the most important position group and would be investing as much into it to improve it that I could.  You can win with bad LBers, but you can't win with a bad OLine.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm not ready to give up on him just yet, but damn, he has to start showing some kind of consistent improvement soon. If not, it will become a wasted 1st round pick...one that I was stoked about at the time.

You were stoked about a first rounder being an OL.  Boy you've got big ambitions. OL's are NEVER impact players.  The Bengals need IMPACT players.
Reply/Quote
I never liked the pick but did expect him to be decent. Rimington award winners do not seem to pan out in the NFL for some reason. For a first round pick, I always thought his film was underwhelming -> you don't draft a center in the first unless he is that physically imposing. To correct what people were saying about Ragnow, he was a mauler. His tape showed a lot of tenacity whereas Price looked technically sound, hence the rimington award. I never expected the onfield issues with Price which has been the biggest surprise. I'll chalk up this last week to the Rams DL (no one can block Donald) and when the oline can't play together, no one will do well.
Reply/Quote
How’s Ragnow been with Detroit? I was mad when they drafted him ahead of our pick and it seemed a lot of so called “experts” didn’t think Billy would be a good nfl player and so far they’re right. This teams inept ability to scout OLine talent the last 4/5 years is concerning.
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:44 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Maybe it’s time to stop drafting Buckeyes.

Price was a shitty pick in a long, long line of them.

Was thinking the same thing other than Sam Hubbard who's my new favorite player the rest haven't been good.  

However what can we do when the owner has a man crush on Buckeye players.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
My personal draft board at Center had James Daniels top as the one with the highest ceiling, followed by Ragnow. I didn't see Price as a first rounder based on the all reports I saw. I mean if you're going to draft a C in the first round they'd better be an All-Pro and none of the draft reports had Price as a future Pro-bowler let alone All-Pro and he seemed to lack first round attributes.

Isaiah Wynn was who I desperately wanted in the 2018 draft as I thought he could start immediately at Guard and, despite the arm size, be the LT of the future. I was in a minority as most fans thought we had to take a Center in the first, whereas I was content to bide time (Mason Cole in the third and Bradley Bozeman or Will Clapp later on were fall-back options) and see one where fell whilst allowing us to use our first round pick at either a premium position or on a premium talent if one fell such as Derwin James.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 08:24 AM)corpjet Wrote: Was thinking the same thing other than Sam Hubbard who's my new favorite player the rest haven't been good.  

However what can we do when the owner has a man crush on Buckeye players.

well its hard to say that's true at all....  Outside the few picks in recent years... Its like we avoided the buckeyes at all cost for many years.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:55 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: You were stoked about a first rounder being an OL.  Boy you've got big ambitions. OL's are NEVER impact players.  The Bengals need IMPACT players.

OL impacts every offensive play.....
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 08:31 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: That’s blasphemy!  OSU players aren’t shitty just ask every OSU homer on this board that pimps the current year OSU great....see Dwayne Haskins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, see the 10 NFL HOFs (3rd) and then 5-6 more in the coming years. Not to mention the 45 (2nd) OSU players on NFL rosters today. Just horrible.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:55 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: You were stoked about a first rounder being an OL.  Boy you've got big ambitions. OL's are NEVER impact players.  The Bengals need IMPACT players.

You serious?

If you have a bad O-line you lose, period.

You win and lose games in the trenches, we have talented players. That is not the problem. We have a QB that panics cause
he has been beaten down so much he no longer has the nerve to stand in there, pass the ball and take a hit. The coaching, the
bad O-line, Dalton and Linebackers are this teams biggest problems.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:39 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: I really wonder which is more the case... are we picking extremely poorly or our line coaches have been that bad.

Both
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The guard that graded out the highest the he played was Westerman, he did make mis takes but when he was in he did a better job than the guards that are left. I think he was not give a fair chance here. I don't know the reason.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 01:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You serious?

If you have a bad O-line you lose, period.

You win and lose games in the trenches, we have talented players. That is not the problem. We have a QB that panics cause
he has been beaten down so much he no longer has the nerve to stand in there, pass the ball and take a hit. The coaching, the
bad O-line, Dalton and Linebackers are this teams biggest problems.

The damn O-Line has sank this team and the QBs from Boomer, Palmer, to now Dalton.

This stupid team keeps doing the same thing whether intentional or not.

You let your O-line go to shit...  this is what you get.

Fidgety bad throwing QBs that are damaged goods.

All we have hope for is Jonah and whomever they select in this year's draft.

Glenn and Hart are both losers in their own special ways so tell them to hit bricks.

Keep Hopkins.  Hell keep Jerry as a backup/stop-gap only.

Price... meh he's on a rookie deal so keep trying to develop him.

Fire Turner yesterday. ThumbsUp
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 05:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He needs to be replaced immediately on my Sig, but the issue is we have no young player I can replace him with. I will say Auden Tate is working his way into the sig. I need Sam Hubbard to replace DD

You need to just stop these sigs.  They don't work for shit. :andy: Wink
Reply/Quote
Bfine can cross most of those guys off of his sig.

Dennard?

I'll be pissed if they resign this injured clown.

"No Fly Zone"
Reply/Quote
We keep taking Ohio state players because we only have 2 scouts and I am guessing a very low travel budget so it is close and not require a hotel room. Yes I know we have like 2 more people in the scouting department. Just being sarcastic.

Thank goodness we also use Facebook and Twitter to scout also. It is working out well.

Can we bench Tobin also? I know Mikey is untouchable. So next best thing.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals’ pass block win rate of 39 percent is the worst since it started being tracked in 2017 (ESPN metric powered by NFL Next Gen Stats).
Reply/Quote