Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do about Burfict?
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/8/31/9237669/bengals-need-to-make-a-hard-decision-on-vontaze-burfict
So what should the Bengals do with Vontaze?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don't think its difficult at all. If he's not ready, you PUP him and reassess the situation in a couple of weeks. If you have to IR him then, ok.The last thing you do is rush him back. If he's not healthy, him being out there hurt is going to yield worse results than him not being out there. Wait until he's ready. Simple.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 12:53 AM)J24 Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/8/31/9237669/bengals-need-to-make-a-hard-decision-on-vontaze-burfict

Pup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I gotta say PUP. I want him back leading this defense badly, but I also wanting him leading this defense for the next 5 seasons too, so don't rush it, come back at 100%.
Reply/Quote
Whatever helps him in the long run is what I hope for. I want to see Burfict leading the defense for years to come.
Reply/Quote
No matter what our record is by the time we face the Steelers in week 6, think of what his return will do to pump us up even more for that game. Let him rest and come back ready to eat some black and yellow.

EDIT: And, oh yeah, Dawson ought to be starting by then, too!!!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
We need him back for the Steelers and for a late season/playoff run, and it will just hurt us and him in the long run if we rush him back.
Reply/Quote
It looks liking PUPing him is the way to go.

He hasn't even freaking practiced yet. They need to let him recover. We have Burfict lite in Dawson. We'll be fine.
Reply/Quote
We don't really know where he is in rehab. It could be a situation we put him on the 53 and he is ready week three. We just don't know
Reply/Quote
PUP
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 07:14 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It looks liking PUPing him is the way to go.

He hasn't even freaking practiced yet. They need to let him recover. We have Burfict lite in Dawson. We'll be fine.

He isn't allowed to practice.  That makes you ineligible to go on the PUP list.  I agree with you and seemingly everyone else that it is best to not rush him and have him ready for putzburg.  If the thought is he can't be ready even by week 6, then use the IR--designated to return spot and have him back week 10.  This season is all about being geared for the playoffs....although it will be much tougher to make them without him for an extended period of time. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He isn't allowed to practice.  That makes you ineligible to go on the PUP list.  I agree with you and seemingly everyone else that it is best to not rush him and have him ready for putzburg.  If the thought is he can't be ready even by week 6, then use the IR--designated to return spot and have him back week 10.  This season is all about being geared for the playoffs....although it will be much tougher to make them without him for an extended period of time. 

If Hobs is to be believed, PUP is the decision that's already been made.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He isn't allowed to practice.  That makes you ineligible to go on the PUP list.  I agree with you and seemingly everyone else that it is best to not rush him and have him ready for putzburg.  If the thought is he can't be ready even by week 6, then use the IR--designated to return spot and have him back week 10.  This season is all about being geared for the playoffs....although it will be much tougher to make them without him for an extended period of time. 

Playoffs....playoffs!  Who said anything about playoffs?

ha ha, couldn't resist flashing back to our ole' buddy Jim Mora  :blush:
Reply/Quote
I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see him coming back the way we remember him.... He will be rusty and he just doesn't seem to me to be the kind to keep in great shape when he is not active. I am wondering how much the knee has improved... Hate to say, but might need to look elsewhere if not back to practice sooner than later.
Reply/Quote
So, who will be the starters in the nickel package?

I'm guessing Hawk and Lamur. Base will be Hawk, Maualuga, and Lamur. At least until Dawson gets his shot. His play and even the system he came from is ideal for the nickel package.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 12:53 AM)J24 Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/8/31/9237669/bengals-need-to-make-a-hard-decision-on-vontaze-burfict

Only thing they can keep waiting.... So if need be start him on the PUP make sure hes 100% and your not rushing him back. dont risk long term which is already kinda iffy for a quick return time. Also lets them keep 1 extra on the roster. and burfict might be fresher for the end season run where the schedule gets rougher.
Reply/Quote

I hope he goes to PUP so he is back by week #7 against the Steelers.

I feel the more time he takes, the better chance he comes back at 100% and has no long term negative career ending effect.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 09:17 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see him coming back the way we remember him....  He will be rusty and he just doesn't seem to me to be the kind to keep in great shape when he is not active.  I am wondering how much the knee has improved...    Hate to say, but might need to look elsewhere if not back to practice sooner than later.

oh really..please let us know when your personal observation and evaluation sessions with Burfict took pla Yawn ce
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:09 AM)xavierdude Wrote: oh really..please let us know when your personal observation and evaluation sessions with Burfict took pla Yawn ce

What is your problem?  What are you some type of tough guy?  I can say what I think.....  Real tough guy behind a keyboard and mouse...  I said I hope I am wrong, but he has had a history simple as that tough guy Mr Macha Randy Savage here..  hahaha what a joke............  

Let me make a smart comment cause I can't really give any input or think on my own!!!  MR. Tough Guy!!!  

HAHAHHAAA.........................
Reply/Quote
If you saw him walking on the sidelines during the game Saturday, he's not looking close to seeing the field. Won't be surprised if he isn't playing this season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote