Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do about Burfict?
Burfict is an animal. He will be fine. He's a smart, talented, high motor player who will adjust his game to deal with the injuries he's sustainted.

Don't write him off. When you have a game changer like that on the field, it's worth holding out for him.
Reply/Quote
I think it might be for the best that he is taking this time off for his knee. He was developing a serious problem with concussions, if he would have continued on playing his career might be over already from that.
Reply/Quote
Heres a Question... does Dawson get any starts @ Will before burfict returns.... (for this lets consider Burfict returns week 7)
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 11:29 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Heres a Question...  does Dawson get any starts @ Will before burfict returns....  (for this lets consider Burfict returns week 7)

Barring injuries I don't think so.  

I like the guy, and considering our situation at LB I am hoping like hell that he turns out to be a good starter.  But I think it is a little unrealistic to expect a guy taken 99th in the draft to just step in and win a starting position as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 05:04 PM)jason Wrote: I don't think he's ready til next year.  By then he'll essentially have missed two full seasons.  Has anybody come back after sitting two seasons?  I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

My sentiments exactly...  Hopefully sooner than later if not Rusty Rust!!  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 07:15 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Short Term Designated IR is not really an option, as the difference between that and PUP is only a couple of weeks and since he qualifies for the PUP, then it's the best option.

Save that IR spot for someone else.

This.

I am calling PUP.

On the other hand this time in '13 many people thought Whitworth was in big trouble because he had not practiced any in the preseason.  I think he was even listed as doubtful for opening day. He not only played, but he also went on to have one of the best years of his career.

I remember it well because I was one of the ones who thought Whit would never be the same.  I had seen the exact same thing happen to both Levi Jones and Willie Anderson.  Both were elite tackles who failed to regain their form after knee injuries.

So now, as I sit here and worry about Burfict, I try to concentrate on the positives like Whitworth.

Burfict was so good he transformed our defense.  He and Geno are really the only two players we have at that level.  

We HAVE TO get him back.
Reply/Quote
Way I understand it, [the team] kept him out of drills as a precaution. He wanted to practice, claims he could have. Therefore...PUP, not IR.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Barring injuries I don't think so.  

I like the guy, and considering our situation at LB I am hoping like hell that he turns out to be a good starter.  But I think it is a little unrealistic to expect a guy taken 99th in the draft to just step in and win a starting position as a rookie.

I think it would be unlikely, too.  But, look at Burfict himself.  It was unlikely he would start his rookie season as well. 
Reply/Quote