Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to expect in the first 100 days
What can we expect in the first 100 days of the Trump Administration:

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/10/501597652/fact-check-donald-trumps-first-100-days-action-plan?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2037

(It's not all bad)

- First things first, Trump will nominate a conservative Supreme Court judge. Done deal, end of story. Probably someone with puppet-like qualities, similar to Clarence Thomas.

- Term limits on Congress will be voted down. It may not even make it to the floor. Trump loses this one. Congress won't even consider limiting their own terms. They don't have to.

- Up to 10% of federal employees (except military, public safety and public health) will be let go. I would expect many of these will be from regulatory agencies. Congress wants this.

- An open assault on regulatory agencies. In particular, the EPA financial regulators and the FCC. Congress and Trump say they are 'bad for business' and want them out of the way. Now, there is nothing to stop them. If these agencies are even permitted to still exist, they will be too under-funded, under-manned and poorly-led to do the jobs they were originally intended to do. Instead, they will be used as weapons to target rival business interests of politicians and their associates (Google 'Putin' and 'Russia' for more information as to how this works). We will ultimately learn that this is Trump's real reason for wanting the office (perhaps even before the next recession).

- Trump and Congress will fight over his proposal to have a 5 year ban before White House and Congress officials can become lobbyists after leaving public service. Congress considers that part of their 'severance package'.

- Trump will try to ban Whiate House officials lobbying for foreign countries. At least countries he doesn't like, anyway.

- Trump will prose a ban of foreign lobbyists lobbying money for U.S. elections. Will Congress go along with this? We could find out how many actually receive foreign monies.

- Trump and Congress will battle over renegotiating NAFTA. This would hurt many existing businesses and farmers in many states. Therefore, Congress is not going to let this go without a fight.

- Trump will have us withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership. He can do this.

- Trump will have the Secretary of Treasury declare China a currency manipulator. He can do this, the SoT is his pick.

- Trump will try to lift restrictions shale, natural gas and coal reserves. I believe he can do that as I think the restrictions are from Executive Orders.

- Trump will greenlight the Keystone Pipeline. He can do this.

- Trump will try to back the U.S. out of climate change programs and agreements. I think Congress has input on this, but they will go along with it.

- Trump will cancel all of Obama's executive orders. He can do this. His primary goal is to end DACA. He needs to show voters that he is really, really tough on illegal immigrant children.

- Trump will try to remove federal funding to Sanctuary Cities. BTW - this does not mean money for them to 'serve' as Sanctuary Cities. There is no such thing as that. This is ALL federal money. I'm not sure if he can do that. But I expect he will try to prove that he is tough on illegal immigrants.

- Trump will order agencies to remove the @2 million illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back. He can order this.

- Trump will order the suspension of immigrants from "terror-prone" regions. He can do this.

- Trump will propose his tax plan (@10% to 13% decrease in taxes of top 1% households, @1.3% to 1.8% for middle class households). Depending upon how it is worded, Congress may go along with it.

- Trump will propose a tariff act on companies laying off workers and relocating to other countries. Congress will probably go along with this.

- Trump will propose an energy and infrastructure act encouraging public-private partnerships and private investments. Congress will probably go along with this. The key word in all of this is "private". Somebody is gonna make a lot of money on this. Guess who?

- Trump will propose an education act to redirect federal money from low-income, Title I schools to private, charter, magnet, religious or home schools and will try to end Common Core. I'm not seeing this making it through Congress.

- Trump will propose a replacement for Obamacare. As everyone reading knows, ACA's days are now numbered. But it won't happen instantly. The struggle to find a replacement to offer that Congress agrees on will take more than 6 months.

- Trump will propose a childcare/eldercare act. This would primarily be in the form of tax deductions. This could go through Congress.

- Trump will propose an illegal immigration act. This is "the wall". Congress likes this... as long as Mexico is paying for it. Mexico has said they will not pay for it. I'm thinking this will be Trump's "Guantanamo Bay" proposal: doomed to fail. But then again, every POTUS gets at least one.

- Trump will propose a community safety act to create a task force on violent crime and funneling money for training to local police. This is horse and pony show legislation, not substantial. Most of these programs and money have already been in place under the Obama Administration.

- Trump will propose a new national security act. This is to funnel more money to the national defense budget. Congress is fine with that, so long as he can tell them where the money is coming from. This one could be a fight.

- Trump will propose a "Clean up Corruption in Washington" act to reduce the corrupting influence of special interests in politics. Congress will only go along with this if it is only limited to cleaning up Democratic special interests, and not GOP special interests. They don't bite the hand that feeds them.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
https://www.yahoo.com/news/canada-pm-trudeau-says-ready-renegotiate-nafta-trump-165713892.html

'Zona, I am in no position to address all of those points. However, I saw this article and thought I remembered you saying that renegotiating NAFTA would be a tough endeavor..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-11-2016, 07:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/canada-pm-trudeau-says-ready-renegotiate-nafta-trump-165713892.html

'Zona, I am in no position to address all of those points.  However, I saw this article and thought I remembered you saying that renegotiating NAFTA would be a tough endeavor..

I think there will be resistance to this in Congress. There are a lot of jobs and businesses effected by NAFTA. Congressmen will be concerned about that in their districts and states.
Update: It looks like Donald may already be hedging on his Wall and Obamacare promises.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-and-aides-hedge-on-major-pledges-including-obamacare-and-the-wall/2016/11/11/9196b364-a82f-11e6-8fc0-7be8f848c492_story.html?tid=sm_fb

He do know how tuh make tings inturesting, don't he!
(11-12-2016, 12:24 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Update: It looks like Donald may already be hedging on his Wall and Obamacare promises.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-and-aides-hedge-on-major-pledges-including-obamacare-and-the-wall/2016/11/11/9196b364-a82f-11e6-8fc0-7be8f848c492_story.html?tid=sm_fb

He do know how tuh make tings inturesting, don't he!

Hilarious

Quote:With little clarity from Trump himself, some of his surrogates and advisers have given a mixed view of what Trump will hope to accomplish in his first 100 days in office, discounting some of his most well-known proposals.

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich, a Trump adviser, cast doubt this week on whether the new president would seek to have Mexico fund his proposed border wall — a pledge that inspired regular chants of “Build that wall!” during campaign rallies.

“He’ll spend a lot of time controlling the border. He may not spend very much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it, but it was a great campaign device,” Gingrich said Thursday during a conference call sponsored by Dentons, a global law firm.

Former New York City mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, a close adviser to Trump, sounded certain that the wall would be built — but was far from clear about the timeline. He said during an interview on CNN Thursday that he thinks Trump should prioritize tax reform in his first 100 days rather than issues such as building the border wall.

“The wall is going to take a while,” Giuliani said. “Absolutely he’s going to build it; it’s a campaign promise. He’s not going to break a campaign promise.”
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
One thing on Sanctuary Cities.

Trump can't block all federal funding. That's not possible. It's just not for a multitude of reasons. Some federal dollars take a decade or so to disperse. I know of one community that's still waiting for FEMA money that's been in an account at a bank in another state for seven years. It'll make it's way eventually, but trying to stop things like that would take Congress working around the clock to track down and stop.

What he can — and likely will do — is appoint officials who decline future CDBGs, lowered municipal bonding and future grants to those cities. CBDGs and grants through departments like energy or ag are up to whoever is reviewing them.
(11-12-2016, 01:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

I like how Giuliani has become Trump's little sidekick.
(11-12-2016, 03:05 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I like how Giuliani has become Trump's little sidekick.

Noticed that too, along with Christie. Seems like they're trying to hang on, since nothing else will likely happen for them .....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(11-12-2016, 03:53 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Noticed that too, along with Christie. Seems like they're trying to hang on, since nothing else will likely happen for them .....

Yeah. It's a little creepy. Ninja
He's got some good ideas. Doubt he gets anything done.

He may unintentionally be a pretty good POTUS - because Congress might just ignore him and actually start working together productively.

One of my big complaints about Obama was that he never stopped campaigning, and demagogue. I see Trump wants to continue these rallies, presumably to sell and gain support for legislation he wants passed. That is FAR WORSE, and kind of Hitler-esque.
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-12-2016, 07:58 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: He's got some good ideas.  Doubt  he gets anything done.

He may unintentionally be a pretty good POTUS - because Congress might just ignore him and actually start working together productively.

One of my big complaints about Obama was that he never stopped campaigning, and demagogue.  I see Trump wants to continue these rallies, presumably to sell and gain support for legislation he wants passed.  That is FAR WORSE, and kind of Hitler-esque.

Yeah. I see quite a few battles between Trump and Congress on the horizon. Democrat fears of the GOP owning POTUS and both houses might not be as severe as they think.
Another piece of the puzzle in place:  Steve Bannon.

Quote:Donald Trump has named his campaign manager Steve Bannon who has it has been stated in court does not like Jews as his senior White House adviser.

In a press release, the presidential transition team announced that Trump had named Reince Priebus his chief of staff, and Steve Bannon his senior advisor:

President-elect Donald J. Trump today announced that Trump for President CEO Stephen K. Bannon will serve as Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor to the President, and Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus will serve as White House Chief of Staff.
Bannon and Priebus will continue the effective leadership team they formed during the campaign, working as equal partners to transform the federal government, making it much more efficient, effective and productive. Bannon and Priebus will also work together with Vice President-elect Mike Pence to help lead the transition process in the run-up to Inauguration Day.
As CNN’s Jake Tapper pointed out on Twitter, court documents suggest that Trump’s new White House senior adviser doesn’t like Jewish people:
Quote:[/url]

[url=https://twitter.com/jaketapper] Follow

[Image: FRKCS5pH_normal.jpeg]Jake Tapper 

I am sure this will help with our healing the wounds with Israel.  Maybe another 38 billion will help too?
(11-13-2016, 10:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Another piece of the puzzle in place:  Steve Bannon.

I am sure this will help with our healing the wounds with Israel.  Maybe another 38 billion will help too?

Netanyahu has already sent his warmy, warmy congrats to Trump. I'm sure him and the Israeli righties will be willing to overlook.
WSJ reports...Trump's people deny.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-frank-gaffney-national-security-advisor-beliefs-conspiracy-theorist-islamophobia-a7420241.html

[/url]
Quote:[url=http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/DonaldTrump]Donald Trump has reportedly asked an Islamophobic conspiracy theorist to help him choose the next government of the United States.

The president-elect is believed to have appointed Centre for Security Policy founder Frank Gaffney to his transition team, to oversee the appointment of his national security advisers.

Mr Gaffney’s contentious think tank is known for claiming Barack Obama might be a closet Muslim, that the "Sharia system" is
replacing American democracy, and the Muslim Brotherhood is infiltrating the US government at high levels.

The Southern Poverty Law Centre has described the former Reagan-era defence official as "one of America’s most notorious Islamophobes".

Mr Gaffney, who was originally part of Ted Cruz’s security team, conducted a flawed survey in 2015 which claimed to show that many US Muslims were willing to use violence against other Americans, and that  a huge number wanted to be governed by Sharia law.

The research was used by Mr Trump as justification for his proposed ban on Muslims entering the country, despite the fact experts had already rubbished the methodology.  

Mr Gaffney and his organisation have a history of disseminating Islamophobia.  Mr Gaffney has accused a bipartisan array of political elites of being secretly tied to the Muslim Brotherhood, including longtime Hillary Clinton Aide Huma Abedin.

In 2009, Mr Gaffney questioned whether Mr Obama was America’s first Muslim president or simply playing one.

“The man now happy to have his Islamic-rooted middle name featured prominently engaged in the most consequential bate-and-switch since Adolf Hitler duped Neville Chamberlain over Czechoslovakia at Munich,” Mr Gaffney wrote in an opinion piece published in the Washington Times

In 2010, Mr Gaffney accused Mr Obama of dismantling American missile defence capability in an act of US submission to Islam.

He cited a “new” Missile Defence Agency logo as evidence, suggesting the logo appeared to be a combination of Mr Obama’s campaign symbol and the Islamic crescent and star. He later corrected himself, acknowledging that the logo was neither new nor produced under Mr Obama’s direction.

When Mr Obama nominated Elena Kagan to serve on the Supreme Court in 2010, Mr Gaffney accused her of being soft on Sharia law during her time as dean of Harvard Law School. His group financed an ad that asked, “if Kagan tolerates promoting the injustice of Sharia law on the campus of Harvard, what kind of injustice will she tolerate in America during a lifetime on the Supreme Court?”

Mr Gaffney also suggested that general David Petraeus, commander of US troops in Afghanistan at the time, was submitting to Sharia law when Mr Petraeus condemned the burning of a Quran by a Florida pastor.

Mr Gaffney has reportedly already suggested that his vice president at the Centre for Security Policy, Clare Lopez, be shortlisted to become Mr Trump's deputy security adviser.

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/16/muslim-hating-conspiracy-theorist-frank-gaffney-joins-trumps-transition-team/

Quote:ACCORDING TO THE Wall Street Journal, Frank Gaffney, president of the Center for Security Policy, has joined Donald Trump’s transition team to work on national security issues. Trump’s campaign has denied that Gaffney is officially part of the transition, and the New York Times is reporting that Trump is merely relying on “advice” from Gaffney.

Either way, this is an extremely bad sign. Every society has people like Gaffney, but in healthy, functioning democracies they live quietly in their parents’ basements, free to play with action figures and construct intricate fantasy worlds without hurting anyone else.

In 2016 America, however, Gaffney is now sitting at the right hand of the president-elect. Here are some highlights from Gaffney’s bizarre, hateful career, in chronological order. You will see a pattern emerging:

• Gaffney, now 63, was a deputy assistant secretary of defense during the Reagan administration until he was forced out. He then immediately founded the Center for Security Policy, funded by right-wing foundations and some defense corporations, to noisily oppose arms control agreements and agitate for more money for the Pentagon. For many years the “center” consisted mostly of Gaffney and his fax machine.

Board members and advisors of the Center for Security Policy would eventually include people like Charles Kupperman, vice president of space and strategic missiles sector at Boeing and Terry Elkes, former CEO and president of Viacom. The center gives out an annual award called “Keeper of the Flame”; its recipients have included Joe Lieberman and Donald Rumsfeld.

• The September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks were a godsend for Gaffney, allowing him to repurpose Cold War conspiracy theories about the U.S. government being infiltrated by communists into conspiracy theories about the U.S. government being infiltrated by the Muslim Brotherhood. Soon he was warning of “an Islamist Fifth Column operating inside our own country with the inherent capability to exploit the vulnerabilities, and the civil liberties, of our society.”

• Gaffney was predictably a vociferous supporter of the Iraq War. But for extra credit he adopted various loopy theories about Saddam Hussein being behind the 1993 World Trade Center attack and the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.

• Defending the Iraq War in February 2007, Gaffney approvingly quoted Abraham Lincoln as declaring that “Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled, or hanged.” Lincoln never said this, although that didn’t stop Gaffney fan Rep. Don Young, R-Alaska, from repeating the imaginary quote on the floor of the House of Representatives.

• The same month Gaffney excitedly proclaimed that the CIA had found that “there was a hot production line for chemical and biological agents in Iraq, that there were plans to ramp it up when sanctions were lifted, which was imminent, and to place the products of those lines into aerosol cans and perfume sprayers for shipment to the United States and Europe. That’s documented fact!”

• In 2009, Gaffney suggested that Barack Obama was “still” a Muslim and by concealing this had “engaged in the most consequential bait-and-switch since Adolf Hitler duped Neville Chamberlain.” In this analogy, of course, Obama was playing the role of Hitler.

• In 2010, writing for Breitbart, Gaffney discovered that the logo of the Missile Defense Agency had been redesigned to be “a morphing of the Islamic crescent and star with the Obama campaign logo.” Gaffney’s article ended: “Watch this space as we identify and consider various, ominous and far more clear-cut acts of submission to Shariah by President Obama.”

• Gaffney was banned for several years from speaking at the popular right-wing Conservative Political Action Conference because he had begun claiming that it too had been infiltrated by the Muslim Brotherhood.

• In 2011, Gaffney claimed New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie had committed “misprision of treason” by appointing a Muslim lawyer to a state court.

• In 2013, Gaffney said that top Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin had “longstanding ties” to the Muslim Brotherhood and “was brilliantly placed to run Islamist influence operations.”

• In September 2015, Gaffney invited infamous white nationalist Jared Taylor to appear on his radio show. Gaffney told Taylor he “appreciated tremendously” his “wonderful” work.

• Trump may now be considering Clare Lopez, vice president of the Center for Security Policy, as his deputy national security adviser. Lopez believesthat “infiltration [of the U.S. government by the Muslim Brotherhood] is obviously very deep and very broad within the bureaucracy, not just the top level, but throughout the federal system, including the intelligence community.”

If you want more of the evidence Gaffney’s uncovered about the ways Islam has tainted our precious bodily fluids, it’s just a click away.

Update: November 16, 2016

This article has been updated to note that a Trump transition official has denied that Gaffney is officially part of the transition team.
Zona, when you copy and paste an article, please make sure you differentiate between the article and your opinion. From the way you did it, it appears that the article was written that way, and it was not.
Thanks!
(11-17-2016, 02:57 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Zona, when you copy and paste an article, please make sure you differentiate between the article and your opinion. From the way you did it, it appears that the article was written that way, and it was not.
Thanks!

Most of us will use the quote code when we copy and paste an article. The lack of the quote code in his post indicates he was not copy/pasting the article, but instead offering his own interpretation/opinion. At least that's how I would interpret it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Some good things in there, a couple bad things in there. About the norm for a President, if people stop focusing on the fact that it came from Trump.

My biggest surprise from that article is that apparently being an illegal immigrant with a DUI doesn't qualify you to be a criminal immigrant. For some reason I just found that odd.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(11-17-2016, 03:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Most of us will use the quote code when we copy and paste an article. The lack of the quote code in his post indicates he was not copy/pasting the article, but instead offering his own interpretation/opinion. At least that's how I would interpret it.

I don't use the quote code.
I just copy and paste, then put my comments at the end separated by a ----- . Tongue
(11-18-2016, 01:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't use the quote code.
I just copy and paste, then put my comments at the end separated by a ----- . Tongue

Well, that would be why I said most. Mellow

Weirdo. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-17-2016, 03:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Some good things in there, a couple bad things in there. About the norm for a President, if people stop focusing on the fact that it came from Trump.

My biggest surprise from that article is that apparently being an illegal immigrant with a DUI doesn't qualify you to be a criminal immigrant. For some reason I just found that odd.

I agree, considering that having a DUI in your home country can get a person denied for a US Visa.