Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was it like in the 80s?
(08-26-2020, 07:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s actually how I found them back in the day. I saw somewhere that Kurt Cobain said they were his favorite band.

I know where Kim Deal's sister Kelly lives.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 07:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are a good dude Nicomo, feel the same.

Johnny was epic RIP.

London Calling rocks. Rock On

To keep this thread here, so did James Brooks, Ickey Woods, Boomer, Curtis, Eddie Edwards, Kenny Anderson (HOF snub),
Ken Riley (another HOF snub) Munoz (HOF rightfully so) Montoya, Dan Ross etc.

Larry Kinnebrew was ballin for a brief moment back then too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

"Man, I love these Freshman girls. I get older, and they stay the same age..".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 08:05 PM)jason Wrote: I know where Kim Deal's sister Kelly lives.

That’s right, you’re a Dayton guy. I like The Breeders, just not as must as the Pixies.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What was it like in the 80s?

"Man, I love these Freshman girls. I get older, and they stay the same age..".

Great movie. But it’s actually set in 1976.

Reply/Quote
I got to get one more music reference in here, one I can't believe I failed to mention.

A lot of people associate this guy with the 70's. The truth is Double Trouble didn't become nationally successful until 1983. His window of mainstream success was much shorter than many might think. And if anything is anti-hair metal is the blues and this bad ass m'fer.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 08:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Great movie. But it’s actually set in 1976.

I realize that, but the small town I grew up in was still similar to that in the mid 80s.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 09:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I realize that, but the small town I grew up in was still similar to that in the mid 80s.

Ah gotcha. It’s funny one of the girls actually complains about how lame the 70’s were in the movie and thinks the 80’s are going to be “radical.” Lol

Reply/Quote

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Gio%E2%80%99s-mustache

x53

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 09:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ah gotcha. It’s funny one of the girls actually complains about how lame the 70’s were in the movie and thinks the 80’s are going to be “radical.” Lol

Oh yeah, the 80s were rad, like totally rad man..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 09:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh yeah, the 80s were rad, like totally rad man..

And we could predict the future. Just watch Revenge of the nerds. They somehow knew Bush was gonna be the next President ?  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 09:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And we could predict the future. Just watch Revenge of the nerds. They somehow knew Bush was gonna be the next President ?  Shocked

Didn't one of the Back To the Future sequels call the Cubs winning it all in 2016?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 10:00 PM)jason Wrote: Didn't one of the Back To the Future sequels call the Cubs winning it all in 2016?

They were off by one year. It’s 30 years into the future in part 2. Which would make it 2015.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 10:00 PM)jason Wrote: Didn't one of the Back To the Future sequels call the Cubs winning it all in 2016?

(08-26-2020, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They were off by one year. It’s 30 years into the future in part 2. Which would make it 2015.

It was dang close.
Reply/Quote
But speaking of Back to the Future...now 80’s movies? They were awesome.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 04:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, hair metal has some damn good guitar man.Pissed

That just reminds me that i need to get my Focusrite hooked up to my new PC. Haven't played at all since i built this thing and started browsing from my recliner. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Ann Wilson was still hot....
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 10:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I hear that about the club level all the time, that people hang out in the back . I usually sit there when I attend games, and do not find it to be the case at all. Sure, fans pre-game in the lounge area, but as soon as the game starts, those areas empty out and most people are in their seats. It looks empty because it is fairly expensive and they don't sell a lot of those seats, which is why I can always find an empty seat with my friends who have season tickets. Even for playoff games or Monday Night Steelers. Heck, they even come to your seat to take your food and drink orders. The only reason to leave you seat is to go to the bathroom.

I had season's tickets to the games until two years ago, and I can tell you that when the season ticket holder numbers were near their highest, even after the start of the game, those seats looked largely empty.  I understand they are fairly expensive and (if memory serves) you don't buy a CSL for those and must renew every year.  That might have been a bad idea as those were among the first to stop renewing and many businesses didn't lap them up as many thought they would.  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I had season's tickets to the games until two years ago, and I can tell you that when the season ticket holder numbers were near their highest, even after the start of the game, those seats looked largely empty.  I understand they are fairly expensive and (if memory serves) you don't buy a CSL for those and must renew every year.  That might have been a bad idea as those were among the first to stop renewing and many businesses didn't lap them up as many thought they would.  

You're right, they are somewhat empty, even during sellouts. My point is that I don't think it's because people are hanging in the back. I think they just don't sell those tickets.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 09:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You're right, they are somewhat empty, even during sellouts. My point is that I don't think it's because people are hanging in the back. I think they just don't sell those tickets.

Granted, it was against the Lions, but the Bengals were still in a playoff chase and it was a December game, I believe, maybe even January but that area was standing room only and the seats were empty....almost the entire game.  I kept walking back to check on my dad who was just warming up.  He would come sit for about 15 minutes and then take 5 minutes to warm up.  
Reply/Quote