Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was it like in the 80s?
(08-26-2020, 08:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I got to get one more music reference in here, one I can't believe I failed to mention.

A lot of people associate this guy with the 70's.  The truth is Double Trouble didn't become nationally successful until 1983.  His window of mainstream success was much shorter than many might think.  And if anything is anti-hair metal is the blues and this bad ass m'fer.

Stevie Ray might be the greatest guitarist of all time, love that guy RIP.

Texas Flood is my favorite song by him and when he played it live one time I swear I saw smoke coming off the geet! Shocked
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 10:00 PM)jason Wrote: Didn't one of the Back To the Future sequels call the Cubs winning it all in 2016?

I'm pretty sure they also kinda get credit for calling that there would be a Miami team in the future too.

The Marlins didn't exit when BtF2 came out.  Yet they had Chicago playing Miami in the World Series.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 12:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Stevie Ray might be the greatest guitarist of all time, love that guy RIP.

Texas Flood is my favorite song by him and when he played it live one time I swear I saw smoke coming off the geet! Shocked

He died today 30 years ago.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 07:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This.  Too many people immediately think of bands Poison and Motley Crue when it comes to the decade.

Here are some bands who released multiple well received albums during the decade:

The Police
Red Hot Chili Peppers
GNR
Metallica
Dire Straits
Primus
The Talking Heads
REM
Faith No More
In Living Colour

Also, I don't care what anyone says bands like The Scorpions, Genesis, Duran Duran, and Depeche Mode are not cheesy at all.

Also, if you're in to Hip Hop it's hard to ignore Run DMC's importance.  

Let's add Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, as well as The Traveling Wilburys to the good list.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 01:47 PM)jason Wrote: He died today 30 years ago.

Really? Wow. Shocked

Mind blown. Mellow

(08-27-2020, 02:15 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Let's add Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, as well as The Traveling Wilburys to the good list.

Yes, lets do. ThumbsUp Good ole Tom, Roy and George RIP.
Reply/Quote
80s were great, we were better respected and televised more. the best era of this team by far.
Tiger
Reply/Quote