Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will Trump do for you?
What do you believe Trump will do for you, personally? What do you feel he will do for your community and the country?

What do you believe the country will be like in 4 years? 8 years?

No judgements. Just interested in learning others thoughts and hopes, etc.

Please post based upon your own responses to the questions and not as a reaction to someone else's posts.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(12-28-2016, 08:32 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: What do you believe Trump will do for you, personally? What do you feel he will do for your community and the country?

Please post based upon your own responses to the questions and not as a reaction to someone else's posts.

Based on what little is known of his actual plans the only thing I have seen that affects me directly and personally is I may see a slight rise in my taxes.  Although they may stay at the current rate depending on a few factors.

That's it.

He'll have to actually show what he plans to do for, well, almost everything for me to say anything else.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
It's really tough to know, because of how all over the map Trump was. I don't know if he knows what he plans on doing. All I can really do is speculate based on his myriad assertions and his cabinet appointments.

As for me myself, all I can say with much certainty is that I will pay more taxes under Trump.

There is a chance I could lose my health insurance, or effectively lose it if Obamacare does get repealed. I doubt it is repealed 100%, but there is a chance.

If the estate tax gets repealed that might benefit me as well.

My vote in this election was never about what would benefit me. I think that Hillary's proposals aligned better with the future that I prefer. Under Trump I see many of the same problems we face today continuing, and perhaps at a worsening pace. The divide between the wealthy and the poor will undoubtedly widen with tax reform that favors the extremely wealthy. Precedent has already been set before he takes office for a ridiculously profitable company to bargain for millions of dollar in tax breaks to save a small amount of jobs. I believe that with policymakers that he is putting in place regulations will be stripped, and our planet will be worse off for it. Students will still be taking on crippling debt just to get a superior education. And I can only imagine that Congress will still be as roadblocked as ever, with the Democrats shifting to the obstructionist role, and everyone will continue to point fingers.

Nevertheless, I can hold out hope that he does some good with his time in office. In a way this is the easiest presidency to go into. I have zero expectations of good results from him, so in my mind there is nowhere to go but up.
I work for the Military and he plans to increase it; so I would say job security.

It doesn't appear he is going to give folks free school, so that will increase my job security as well.

I'm a veterans and he has pledged to make healthcare a top priority.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Fix or repeal this wretched AHCA.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(12-28-2016, 08:32 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: What do you believe Trump will do for you, personally? What do you feel he will do for your community and the country?

But, if I post what I believe Trump will do for me won't that be a reaction to your post?

[Image: 2248475005215961.jpg]
a positive: He's proposing about $1 trillion in infrastructure. That's good for my area since the fed has mothballed a lock expansion project for a couple decades now that's negatively impacting local (and really national) industries.

of course, the likelihood of another $1 trillion in unfunded government work isn't really likely to happen, the GOP has already been a roadblock t less than $600 billion in similar work projects (I say similar because trump hasn't actually revealed what would be in his plan, so it might not include my local dams anyway).

one negative, and its more congress than trump, is most likely my insurance will go up. As I've said before, I'm in the possible minority, my companies insurance went flat after Obamacare. Which was nice since it went up every year for the 8ish years before that before any reforms.
(12-28-2016, 10:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: But, if I post what I believe Trump will do for me won't that be a reaction to your post?

I was going to ask this, but simply posing the question is responding, so I was wise enough not to res......................

Damn It!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

He will afford me the opportunity to live out my favorite game, Fallout.
I can visualize my healthy radioactive glow, now.
Ninja

If you want a serious answer, I got nothing.
I suppose if you wanted to count entertainment value, there's that.
Tongue
(12-28-2016, 10:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: But, if I post what I believe Trump will do for me won't that be a reaction to your post?

[Image: 2248475005215961.jpg]

Is that a response to the question or a reaction to someone else's post?

Hmmm...  Hmm
He will afford me many smiles when speaking with people who are holding on to a thread of hope that their allegiance vote was deserved. Spitting on their intellectual deficiencies will be a point of pride, even if it is at everyone's expense. Hopefully he will teach a lesson and we won't find ourselves in this position again for a long time.

Also, my taxes will go up as many have described. So much for the little guy I guess.

I still will not see anyone washing their privates in a public airport restroom, which is a constant concern of many.
i assume stock prices will go up as corporate profits soar. So that will help me some.

More middle class will fal into poverty, and since I still get a lot of court appointed cases that may mean more clients for me.
Pretty much exactly what Hilldog would have done. Not much. Mellow

Although if he tax plan goes through I can look forward to paying less taxes :andy:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
There's a lot to look forward to.
More long term decent paying jobs to bring back the middle class (more potential job opportunities for me)
Building up of the Infra-structure.
Stock market going up, which directly benefits me.
(12-29-2016, 02:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: There's a lot to look forward to.
More long term decent paying jobs to bring back the middle class (more potential job opportunities for me)
Building up of the Infra-structure.
Stock market going up, which directly benefits me.

Tongue

[Image: article-2107285-0F0F4D4200000578-38_468x455.jpg]
Job security. I work in the Surveying Dept., of an Engineering Firm that primarily does infrastructure projects for the NC DOT. With Trump's pledge to invest heavily into our Nation's infrastructure, enough long term projects will likely result in further growth in the company I am employed with.

Not sure how the taxation thing will play out. At my current level, not much will change. However, should this be the year that I complete and pass the PLS exam, I'll be facing some changes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
win
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(12-29-2016, 03:51 PM)6andcounting Wrote: win
I'm not sure why, but as I read your one word response, I thought of Charlie Sheen's death occurring before the new year.
Odd....

I suppose he might decide to go out in style, on New Year's Eve.
I expect in the short term, we will see a wild money orgy as some sectors take advantage of reduced regulations and go wild. This will be followed directly by another bubble and recession, as (we will find out) the regulatory safeguards to prevent this from happening have been removed. This cycle has been repeated in history many times.

Personally, I hope tax reforms will mean some reduced taxes. It is unclear whether that will happen or not, though. I suspect a lot of people in my profession will be looking for new work in the near future due to deregulation. This is a bit ironic since people in my line of work overwhelmingly voted for Trump/GOP.
Come to think of it. More illegal immigrants, both coming here and getting in trouble with the law, is good for me. So there's my silver lining.