Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will be your breaking point?
I see a lot of debating about the draft, FA, cap space, etc. And that's good, it's what this forum is meant to be for.

However, it made me wonder what everyone's breaking point is for this team...What would the Bengals need to do or not do that would finally have you lose all hope with this team? And if you lost hope, would you stop following this team?

For me, it'd be extending Russell Bodine to continue as the starting C. He's my most disliked starter since Jermaine Gresham.
I'd probably stop watching the Bengals on a consistent basis in 2018 and then see how much I actually cared about football after that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The fact that I went through the 90's and didn't go anywhere probably means I have no breaking point, which shows just how stupid I really am.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 04:54 PM)McC Wrote: The fact that I went through the 90's and didn't go anywhere probably means I have no breaking point, which shows just how stupid I really am.

See, I was in elementary school during this time, so I didn't watch more than a game here or there anyway. If they had been good, I probably would have watched more.
I just don't care to watch something I know I won't enjoy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
When Marvin wasn't fired, or P.A. after this season. I've reached that point. There's just no urgency. No accountability. I'll still follow and be a fan, but I have no belief we'll win a playoff game let alone a championship anymore until significant changes are made. I have no faith in this regime.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 04:54 PM)McC Wrote: The fact that I went through the 90's and didn't go anywhere probably means I have no breaking point, which shows just how stupid I really am.

This.

Anyone who lived through the awful 1991-2003 seasons can live through almost anything. The Bengals are nowhere near the level of those teams were and I hope they never will be.
Reply/Quote
1. Resigning Russell Bodine.
2. Not re-signing any players or replacing them with a viable option.
3. Drafting projects and not immediate starters.
4. Taking another O-lineman in the 1st round.

If all those occur, I will have given up on the season for sure.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
They will always be my team but i definately agree on extending Bodine. That would be epicly pathetic.

It was already very sad this Offseason when we did not try to replace our inept O-line coach after last year.

It would just be nice to see some try in this FO. Lets try and improve, try and get over the hump and win a Playoff game.

Losing Whitworth would be a huge blow to me and i am sure not to just us fans, the players as well.

Said if before but i think the team would implode if this happens
Reply/Quote
I've already reached that point. I don't trust any decision makers on this team anymore. I'll still be following the team but I'll likely be doing something else on Sunday's this coming fall. I'll of course hope for the best but I don't see this team getting any better until certain people are no longer involved with this organization
Reply/Quote
I reached it last playoffs when we beat ourselves against Pittsburg and then I actually stopped watching games after we lost to Pitt the first time. That team has our number and im sick of it because every year they destroy us and then get shitted on in the very next game and show they aren't even that good
Reply/Quote
I'm just waiting for MB to pass. I think it will be before me.
Reply/Quote

A little bit of this...

(03-07-2017, 05:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: When Marvin wasn't fired, or P.A. after this season. I've reached that point. There's just no urgency. No accountability.  I'll still follow and be a fan, but I have no belief we'll win a playoff game let alone a championship anymore until significant changes are made. I have no faith in this regime.

...and a little bit of that. That said, I was young and a little ignorant of "the Mike Brown effect" back in the 90's. These days I don't have as much endless optimism. Mike sapped all of that by taking decades - instead of years - to make necessary changes. Even if Mike finally fired Marvin and Paul A, it's possible he hires an even worse coach and sticks with him for 10+ years.

I wouldn't say I have a breaking point, but each disappointment chips away at me. Mainly the '13 loss to the Chargers, the '15 meltdown vs the Steelers, and that trainwreck of an o-line last year. It feels like a total repeat of 10 years ago. Promising team, QB gets hurt, Marv can't coach a playoff game, o-line starts to fall apart and Mikey doesn't want to pay a guard he drafted. Deja-freaking-vu.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

I survived the 90's also, and the only thing that comes to mind ( so far ) is if the Bengals relocate out of Cincy.
 I probably would find other things to occupy my time during the nfl season.
Reply/Quote
I went thru the 90s too. So for me it would be changing their helmets. They can relocate to St Louis and go 2-14 every year for years on end with an occasional 8-8 season thrown in and I'd still follow the franchise. But change the helmets....put that God awful B on them, put the cursive word Bengals across it, just try to replace the stripes and (slams hand on the table) I'm out!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Breaking point? Ha, I've been broken since 2005.
Reply/Quote
Hope was lost a long time ago.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 08:19 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: I survived the 90's also, and the only thing that comes to mind ( so far ) is if the Bengals relocate out of Cincy.
 I probably would find other things to occupy my time during the nfl season.

This is exactly what I was going to say.

Lived through the 90's, I mean God Almighty I saw Gus Ferrote throw a left handed pass for a pick six against the Clowns and shrugged my shoulders, so I think I can tolerate almost anything.

But I can see a scenario when the Bengals lease is up that results in them moving to Oakland who will be starving for the return of an NFL franchise, who will in-turn shell out a cool $2.5 Billion for a freaky cool state-of-the-art facility, and end up winning a SB within three years.

To that I would say, "Seriously...**** *** Bengals!"  And really mean it.
Reply/Quote
My breaking point would be if the team moved, if I ever permanently moved to another city (other than Pittsburgh) that had a team, or if Louisville got a team.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't watch this team for the winning. I watch them because I love this team and I bleed Orange & Black. So to answer the OP questions nothing except for them moving. Not saying there are I don't like or won't ***** about but this team and the community that comes from this team have given me an escape from the real world.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 07:21 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I've already reached that point. I don't trust any decision makers on this team anymore. I'll still be following the team but I'll likely be doing something else on Sunday's this coming fall. I'll of course hope for the best but I don't see this team getting any better until certain people are no longer involved with this organization

I think this pretty much describes my attitude too. I really enjoy this message board with you guys. Yet I don't give a fig for Mikey, Marvy, or Paulie. There may be more coaches I would add if I knew them better. Sadly for me if they disappeared in a puff of orange smoke. I would not miss them. Sad Of course Thursday may be it for me --FA Sick
Reply/Quote
DB Coach Ifeanyi Ohalete
Reply/Quote