Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will next Tuesday bring?
(11-06-2018, 04:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As for the election, today, we had a rainy first 4 hours and, in the smallest precinct in the city, averaged 100 people an hour. So with 9 hours left to go, we were about halfway to the 2014 turnout. I'm pretty damn pleased with that, especially with the rain.

My mom works at the polls.  She said we had more early votes this year than we had total votes last election.  Of course we are in a very small rural district.
(11-06-2018, 05:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My mom works the polls.  
Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I'm curious to see the turnout this year.  Most reports I'm hearing is much higher than usual.

I'll be voting later than usual tonight so I should get a good idea of the number.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-06-2018, 06:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm curious to see the turnout this year.  Most reports I'm hearing is much higher than usual.

I'll be voting later than usual tonight so I should get a good idea of the number.

What I'm hearing from clerks in my area is they're worried about running out of paper ballots. Most clerks ordered enough for a 50% turnout and a couple counties (as of about 1 p.m.) were getting close to that.
(11-06-2018, 05:47 PM)Benton Wrote: Mellow

Hilarious
Doesn't surprise me one bit, but they should have been ready for this one. I've been hearing for months that a high turnout was expected, there's no reason to run short on ballots. Any unused paper ballots can be shredded and recycled.
(11-06-2018, 06:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm curious to see the turnout this year.  Most reports I'm hearing is much higher than usual.

Yes, some places in Texas already had double the number of earlier voters.

But it has been difficult to poll all these new voters. No one knows whether this will be a Blue Wave or a Trump Tsunami.

We were getting total voter count updates every hour. At 4 p.m., with 3 hours left to go and the after work rush not yet in effect, we had as many voters in our precinct as we saw in total in the 2014 midterms. I'm thinking we're going to see the highest midterm turnout since 1994, which was in the presidential election year range, at least for Virginia.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-06-2018, 07:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: We were getting total voter count updates every hour. At 4 p.m., with 3 hours left to go and the after work rush not yet in effect, we had as many voters in our precinct as we saw in total in the 2014 midterms. I'm thinking we're going to see the highest midterm turnout since 1994, which was in the presidential election year range, at least for Virginia.

Unfortunately I was chatting with the ladies signing us in and didn't see what number I was.  No line at 6:45 but when we left it was still a steady line of people coming in.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Hilarious Hilarious
I personally don't think anything will change. It will be status quo...

[Image: well-played.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Of course it's early, but it looks like the GOP will hold (maybe gain) in the Senate and the DEMS will get the house.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]