Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will next Tuesday bring?
(11-05-2018, 07:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you trying to play your little victim card again?

No victim here. I'm not sure where you think I've considered myself victimized (hell "we're" winning). Simply pointing out how the Left rolls. 

Credit to you as your initial response in this thread was non-biased and about your local race. Unfortunately, you saw the opportunity to call the other side clueless and could not resist.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-05-2018, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure. Any examples of me claiming the Democratic voting base is ignorant? 

Pretty much all the time.  You claim everything they stand for is wrong and will hurt the country.  You claim minorities are so stupid that they vote for democrats even though democrat policies make things worse for them instead of better.  And don't forget that phase you went through were everyone who dared criticize your Donald was suffering from mental illness.

You "slur" the left all the time, but when people do the same thing to your side in this thread you suddenly become offended.

If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

And please don't cry about how "management" is against you just because they don't stop people from doing exactly the same thing you do all the time.
(11-05-2018, 07:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No victim here. I'm not sure where you think I've considered myself victimized

When you started crying about how "management" was against you.
(11-05-2018, 07:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When you started crying about how "management" was against you.

Oh, so you knew (thought you knew) what I was talking about when I stated management was OK with it> You just wanted to feign ignorance. 

Management is not against me; they're just selective at times. 

(11-05-2018, 07:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pretty much all the time.  You claim everything they stand for is wrong and will hurt the country.  You claim minorities are so stupid that they vote for democrats even though democrat policies make things worse for them instead of better.  And don't forget that phase you went through were everyone who dared criticize your Donald was suffering from mental illness.

You "slur" the left all the time, but when people do the same thing to your side in this thread you suddenly become offended.

If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

And please don't cry about how "management" is against you just because they don't stop people from doing exactly the same thing you do all the time.

Never criticized anyone who "dared criticize" POTUS as suffering from mental illness; only those that obsess on it. But as I said there are numerous other divisive threads where we can slur each other. I just tried to not make this one of them. 

I still not sure where I've displayed a propensity to "not be able to take it". Just pointing it out.

(11-05-2018, 07:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll not ask for your help. Feel free to slur any population you choose. 

Management is down with it. 

(11-05-2018, 08:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, so you knew (thought you knew) what I was talking about when I stated management was OK with it> You just wanted to feign ignorance. 

Management is not against me; they're just selective at times. 

Well I thought I knew what you meant, but I was very surprised.

You have been around here long enough to know that the mods DO NOT allow people here to slur any population they choose.  In fact you have been part of discussions involving Lucie that made this fact very clear.

So I was just shocked that you would try to tell such a huge blatant lie.  But I guess that is the effect Trump is having on you.  You think it is okay to tell huge lies about people even when everyone knows you are lying.
(11-05-2018, 08:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well I thought I knew what you meant, but I was very surprised.

You have been around here long enough to know that the mods DO NOT allow people here to slur any population they choose.  In fact you have been part of discussions involving Lucie that made this fact very clear.

So I was just shocked that you would try to tell such a huge blatant lie.  But I guess that is the effect Trump is having on you.  You think it is okay to tell huge lies about people even when everyone knows you are lying.

Who is the Lucie person of which you speak? 

(11-05-2018, 08:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  But as I said there are numerous other divisive threads where we can slur each other. I just tried to not make this one of them. 

No you did not.

You tried to make it a thread where people could not say anything bad about Republicans but had no problem with shots at Democrats.

Your self righteous indignation is comical here among the folks that know you for what you are.
(11-05-2018, 08:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No you did not.

You tried to make it a thread where people could not say anything bad about Republicans but had no problem with shots at Democrats.

Your self righteous indignation is comical here among the folks that know you for what you are.

Okey Doke

(11-05-2018, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who is the Lucie person of which you speak? 

You tell me

(07-25-2018, 07:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, I've come to expect some in this forum to be a hopeless cause; I expect more from some.  But I like to think I call BS regardless which side of the aisle it's on. I know I used to with Lucie; unfortunately with him permanently banned the BS is kind of one sided.

BTW what a perfect post to show how honest you are around here, right?

"I am such a middle of the road centrist I even called out Lucie's BS, but BTW I also have no idea who Lucie is"

Your Donald would be so proud of you.
(11-05-2018, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bottom line this was a thread about races that will be decided tomorrow, but folks could not refrain from the desire to call the other side ignorant; simply because their views are different.

First, I did nothing of the sort. But that's just par for the course with you,claiming I said something I didn't. Second, the messaging of candidates running for office is pertinent to a discussion about the races.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-05-2018, 09:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: First, I did nothing of the sort. But that's just par for the course with you,claiming I said something I didn't. Second, the messaging of candidates running for office is pertinent to a discussion about the races.

Of course you didn't accuse the GOP of lying (you now call it messages) more than once and implied the voting base believe these lies. You were simply remarking on tomorrow's races. I was talking about other folks. 

(11-05-2018, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure. Any examples of me claiming the Democratic voting base is ignorant? 

Bottom line this was a thread about races that will be decided tomorrow, but folks could not refrain from the desire to call the other side ignorant; simply because their views are different. There are plenty other threads to call the other side ignorant.

Feel free to call any group ignorant, racist, bigoted, ect.... Just don't say things such as DemoRATS or libTARDS and you'll be OK. 

Folks used to call other folks ignorant because they were uninformed, based upon evidence. Same thing for words like "bigot" and "racist." E.g., liberals would call a racist "racist" for defending segregation or saying blacks and whites should not intermarry or blacks come from "shithole" countries. Not just because his views were "different."

But you are saying now folks call others "ignornant" or "racist" or whatever simply because their views are "different"?   Not because they evidence bigotry and racsim etc.?

Just asking for a little clarification.
(11-05-2018, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you didn't accuse the GOP of lying (you now call it messages) more than once and implied the voting base believe these lies. You were simply remarking on tomorrow's races. I was talking about other folks. 

So the gop isn't lying and even if it is, voters don't believe them, they're voting Republican just because.
(11-06-2018, 10:58 AM)Benton Wrote: So the gop isn't lying and even if it is, voters don't believe them, they're voting Republican just because.

There is a certain amount of mental gymnastics that needs to be done to believe that even when the GOP/POTUS lies (a lie that can be easily disproved) that it "doesn't matter" and that to say they ARE NOT lying and none of the people voting for them believes they are lying and/or believes the lies.

Because they DO lie.  

Just the "we are the only ones defending the pre-existing clause" is a blatant lie.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-06-2018, 10:58 AM)Benton Wrote: So the gop isn't lying and even if it is, voters don't believe them, they're voting Republican just because.

I am 100% certain they nor their base have a monopoly on either of these dynamics. Which was my initial objection to the direction the thread predictably took. My intention (regardless what those who tell me what I mean say) was to keep this a non-biased thread about today's elections; unfortunately, this is no place for that.

FWIW, I am done with this derailment. I hope everyone goes a votes for whomever they choose and no one considers them ignorant for doing so. 

(11-06-2018, 12:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  My intention (regardless what those who tell me what I mean say) was to keep this a non-biased thread about today's elections;

Even more Trump influence showing.  "Judge me by what I said I meant, not what I actually said"

What you actually said was people insulting Republicans had ruined the thread but you said nothing about people insulting Democrats.  No matter how many times you claimto be a centrist your own words prove differently.
(11-06-2018, 12:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Which was my initial objection to the direction the thread predictably took.  

The objection seemed to be "criticizing Republican lawmakers for lying to constituents is a mean trick by Democrats."
(11-05-2018, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you didn't accuse the GOP of lying (you now call it messages) more than once and implied the voting base believe these lies. You were simply remarking on tomorrow's races. I was talking about other folks. 

I never said the voters necessarily believed them, just said that it worked, meaning it got them to the polls. Whether they believe the lies or not, that depends on the individuals.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
As for the election, today, we had a rainy first 4 hours and, in the smallest precinct in the city, averaged 100 people an hour. So with 9 hours left to go, we were about halfway to the 2014 turnout. I'm pretty damn pleased with that, especially with the rain.