Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What would cross your personal line?
Trump supporters:

What would he have to say or do that would make you no longer believe he is fit to POTUS, or would make a good POTUS or is not a good man who has been a victim of a campaign against his character?

Biden supporters:  Same question...although I have not seen Biden complain publicly about being a victim himself.

What would make YOU change your minds?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 05:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump supporters:

What would he have to say or do that would make you no longer believe he is fit to POTUS, or would make a good POTUS or is not a good man who has been a victim of a campaign against his character?

Biden supporters:  Same question...although I have not seen Biden complain publicly about being a victim himself.

As someone who will, as things stand now, be voting for Biden come November I already don't think that he meets my personal standards for "fitness" for office or being a "good" president. But the other contender, and more importantly the only other viable political party in the US at the moment that is propping him up, being a clear and present danger to our country make me feel obligated to cast my vote for him, even despite being in a state (CT) where my vote means nothing on the federal level.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A competent and relatively young GoP candidate who doesn't wage endless culture wars and use meaningless buzzwords who actually had a plan to govern.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 05:53 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: As someone who will, as things stand now, be voting for Biden come November I already don't think that he meets my personal standards for "fitness" for office or being a "good" president. But the other contender, and more importantly the only other viable political party in the US at the moment that is propping him up, being a clear and present danger to our country make me feel obligated to cast my vote for him, even despite being in a state (CT) where my vote means nothing on the federal level.

I was going to post something similar. This will be a "hold my nose" type of election.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 07:25 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: A competent and relatively young GoP candidate who doesn't wage endless culture wars and use meaningless buzzwords who actually had a plan to govern.

I saw Gary Johnson as possibly being that person, but the GOP took a rather disappointing (in my eyes) path in 2016.  That's what irks me about talking politics with conservatives. It's all "You need to vote republican" and I'm like "I voted for Gary Johnson and Bill Weld" and they're like "No that doesn't count."

(05-09-2024, 07:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was going to post something similar. This will be a "hold my nose" type of election.

I don't hate Biden, but one of my biggest gripes with Trump is that he's reduced me to voting for Biden. 
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 07:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This will be a "hold my nose" type of election.

Exactly. I think most of the country feels this way. As one of the most powerful nations on the planet, you would think we would do better. Hopefully, people will reach a point someday where they're pissed and won't take it anymore and elect an independent. The problem is, that Independents haven't put up a strong candidate in some time, and even if they did, he/she wouldn't get airtime or be allowed in debates. We are our worst enemy. 

Our country is in desperate need of good, strong leadership.

Reply/Quote
If Biden tried to blackmail another country to make up a story about his opponent to rig an election. Or gave Hunter a job in the White House. Or if he was palling around with authoritarian leaders and saying in front of the world he believed them over USA intelligence agencies. Or if he attempted a multi pronged attack on our democracy to try and steal an election. Or if he had a hotel in DC and various other businesses he wouldn’t divest from where he could funnel money into his own pocket thanks to his position in power. Or if he tried to roll back the affordable care act or make cuts to social security or tried to raise the retirement age.

Any of that stuff and I’ll probably write in Alex Karp.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 08:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Any of that stuff and I’ll probably write in Alex Karp.

Nope. I lost some money to PLTR. I shouldn't have, and it's my fault. 

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 08:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nope. I lost some money to PLTR. I shouldn't have, and it's my fault. 

The main thing is I’m a big fan of having smart leaders. And I think Karp has some Einstein in him.

The stock does behave very odd. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of our adversaries try to manipulate and damage it. It is battlefield superiority. Really shouldn’t even be a publicly traded company imo.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 08:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The main thing is I’m a big fan of having smart leaders. And I think Karp has some Einstein in him.

The stock does behave very odd. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of our adversaries try to manipulate and damage it. It is battlefield superiority. Really shouldn’t even be a publicly traded company imo.

Your right. Very volatile. I dumped a lot of money (for me) into it and it fell after the earnings report. I got out and shouldn't have. I have some angst. It was one of those hindsight 20/20 moments for me and changed the way I invest. Not saying I won't get back in reasonably I guess, because he is a good CEO, and very smart like you said. But me thinks it will be an amount I might loan a family member. If I get it back with interest? I'm happy. If I lose, I'm not happy, but ok with it.  Smirk  

Reply/Quote
So far I'm not surprised by the responses.  

Most of us voting for Biden would prefer a better candidate (on either side) but cannot vote for Trump for our own reasons.

The Trump supporters haven't said anything.
Reply/Quote
I'll be the first then.

Most of us voting for Trump would prefer a better candidate (on either side) but cannot vote for Biden for our own reasons.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 09:39 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I'll be the first then.

Most of us voting for Trump would prefer a better candidate (on either side) but cannot vote for Biden for our own reasons.

Ok.  Now both sides have said they want a better candidate.

So I'll repeat my question and expand it a bit.

If the only reason you are voting for Trump or Biden is that you don't like Biden or Trump:  Is there ANYTHING your candidate could say or do in the next less-than six months to make you no longer vote for them?

If Biden shot his dog on the White House lawn?  If Trump did a photoshoot with Gavin Newsome?  

Is there ANYTHING that would change your mind besides "he isn't as bad as the other guy"?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 09:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: Ok.  Now both sides have said they want a better candidate.

So I'll repeat my question and expand it a bit.

If the only reason you are voting for Trump or Biden is that you don't like Biden or Trump:  Is there ANYTHING your candidate could say or do in the next less-than six months to make you no longer vote for them?

If Biden shot his dog on the White House lawn?  If Trump did a photoshoot with Gavin Newsome?  

Is there ANYTHING that would change your mind besides "he isn't as bad as the other guy"?

I would certainly sit out the election completely if Biden were to do a 180 on some stances like abortion/reproductive healthcare.
Reply/Quote
I could care less if Trump is a horrible human being, I voted for both Bill Clinton and Obama who are horrible human beings.

I want a President who is a strong leader and does not sway when his base says abandon Israel by delaying stopping weapons and ammo, he lobbied Congress to get the money needed.

I want a President that does not support abortion up until birth.
I want a President who does not lie and say inflation was 9% when he took office, it was 1.4%.
I want a President who does not berate voters because the think his economy sucks.
I want a President with a proven track record on the economy, the border and foreign affairs.
I want a President who stands tall when Biden's DOJ and corrupt DA's and judges attempt to put him in jail or bankrupt him.
I want a President who will immediately deport the 10 million illegal immigrants Biden allowed in our country, a bonus for sanctuary cities and states who are being bankrupted by illegal immigrants.

If Biden had done a god job as POTUS and not attempted to destroy democracy, I would have considered him. However, a simple look at the results of Biden and Trump plus it is obvious Biden no longer has the mental capability to run our country. He is the POTUS in name only, he is a puppet due to his poor mental acuity which disqualifies him or anyone in the party who supports him and say he is doing a great job like Newsome.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 08:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nope. I lost some money to PLTR. I shouldn't have, and it's my fault. 

I had to google that, but I have to admit that I saw PLTR and my dyslexia kicked in and I thought of PTL ministries and for a split second I thought you were saying you sent money to convicted con man Jim Bakker.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 12:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I had to google that, but I have to admit that I saw PLTR and my dyslexia kicked in and I thought of PTL ministries and for a split second I thought you were saying you sent money to convicted con man Jim Bakker.

My Mom was horrible about that. She would send money all the time to evangelists. Money she really couldn't afford to give. I tried to say something to her once but she quickly shot me down with the, "It's my money and I will do with it what I want." Well, she was right and I really didn't have a right to tell her she shouldn't do it. She was of sound mind at the time. 

She was frugal. She didn't spend money, stayed home a lot, bought generic items and checked the price tag on everything, and went to church 3 times a week. When she passed, she left her money to my sister and me. Shit, she wasn't bad off at all and had a nice savings account. She fooled me with her lifestyle.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 07:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't hate Biden, but one of my biggest gripes with Trump is that he's reduced me to voting for Biden. 

Not the biggest fan of Trump, but voting for him over Biden. 

If either side put out a better candidate, who was less fringe, they should/would be an easy favorite by the populace. But will never happen with the clowns currently in charge of the two party system. Ranked choice voting would be nice to give traction over time to third party candidates, hence it will not happen any time soon.

Side note, do you think Biden is actually in charge? Who writes his cue cards and/or loads up the teleprompter. That's a big hang up with Biden for me, if he's not all there, who is giving him his marching orders?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 05:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump supporters:

well based Bidens term so far...  theres nothing that could get me to vote For Biden  

and trump still the best option on the ballet.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 01:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: My Mom was horrible about that. She would send money all the time to evangelists. Money she really couldn't afford to give. I tried to say something to her once but she quickly shot me down with the, "It's my money and I will do with it what I want." Well, she was right and I really didn't have a right to tell her she shouldn't do it. She was of sound mind at the time. 

She was frugal. She didn't spend money, stayed home a lot, bought generic items and checked the price tag on everything, and went to church 3 times a week. When she passed, she left her money to my sister and me. Shit, she wasn't bad off at all and had a nice savings account. She fooled me with her lifestyle.

I remember being a kid and my parents sitting me down and explaining to me that TV and movies had given me an unreasonable expectation of how much money everyone gest when people die.  So I can say my parents didn't leave me money, but on the plus side I never had to see them send a dime to Jim Bakker, so I'll call it a wash.

My mother in law is the evangelical "doom sayer" type and for a while there every few weeks we were told we needed to stock up because there would be blackouts for 2 weeks and the pope would be executed or so on and so forth.  One christmas she bought safes for her kids and adult grandkids and she was telling us that the banks were going to go bankrupt and that we should withdraw all our money and put it in the safe.  Oy, I remember telling my wife to please tell me her mom wasn't telling people in town that we had a safe with our entire savings in cash in it in our house.

Anyways, what's this thread about?

Oh, Trump could shoot me on 5th avenue and I'd still use my last ounce of strength to crawl over to him and lick the bottom of his shoes. 
Reply/Quote