Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What would cross your personal line?
I love that the conservative response has basically been I wouldn't.

Party over country.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
To the OP's question.
Die?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 12:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sorry, i need proof.

My proof is my wallet and i can tell you that it has been fatter under R leadership than D. 

But it's cool, you are ignoring that both of the most recent R's had major events happen on their watch. Bush, 9/11 and Trump COVID. Anything of that magnitude happen on Obama or Biden's watch? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._economic_performance_by_presidential_party#:~:text=The%20New%20York%20Times%20reported,somehow%20grown%20at%20the%20Democratic

Quote:Income growth and inequality[edit ]

Analysis conducted by Vanderbilt University political science professor Larry Bartels in 2004 and 2015 found income growth is faster and more equal under Democratic presidents. From 1982 through 2013, he found real incomes increased in the 20th and 40th percentiles of incomes under Democrats, while they fell under Republicans. Real incomes grew across all higher percentiles at a greater rate under Democrats, even during the Great Recession and its recovery in Barack Obama's first term. Bartels calculated in 2008 that the real value of the minimum wage in the United States over the preceding sixty years had increased 16 cents per year under Democratic presidents but declined by 6 cents per year under Republican presidents.[16][17]
[/color]
[color=var(--color-emphasized,#000)]Inflation[edit][/color]
Blinder and Watson found that since 1945 the average inflation rate was higher under Republican presidents than under Democrats, though inflation tended to rise under Democrats but fall under Republicans.[1]

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 12:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sorry, i need proof.

My proof is my wallet and i can tell you that it has been fatter under R leadership than D. 

But it's cool, you are ignoring that both of the most recent R's had major events happen on their watch. Bush, 9/11 and Trump COVID. Anything of that magnitude happen on Obama or Biden's watch? 

Other than the fallout of those guys intentionally mishandling both things?
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 01:37 PM)pally Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._economic_performance_by_presidential_party#:~:text=The%20New%20York%20Times%20reported,somehow%20grown%20at%20the%20Democratic

Yep those numbers include the Events that happened on their watch.

(05-11-2024, 02:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Other than the fallout of those guys intentionally mishandling both things?

Can't win can they? if they had done it differently people would still have found a watch to ***** about something. At the time they did what they thought was best and you get the benefit of Hindsight. 
I think you are more in line with the typical uncapable of thinking voter and just repeat the bs you keep hearing.  
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 04:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Can't win can they? if they had done it differently people would still have found a watch to ***** about something. At the time they did what they thought was best and you get the benefit of Hindsight. 
I think you are more in line with the typical uncapable of thinking voter and just repeat the bs you keep hearing.  

Meh, I think you and I should both be pleased as punch to disagree with each other 100% on the way Trump and Bush handled their respected crises.  I don't think I'm exactly claiming to be a free-thinking radical in saying both of those situations were handled by presidents who had a "me first" agenda and used said crisis to further their own narrative and serve their own interests.

Keep in mind that one of the reasons I only voted for Obama once was that he followed suit on what I didn't approve of Bush doing in response to 9/11.  I assume you meant I'm uncapable of thinking and you may be right.  I don't think you are right for the right reason, but you may be right.

If the Patriot Act and following the blunder of the Russians in Afghanistan with our own mess, along with telling folks covid will disappear like a miracle by Easter were the thinking man's moves, call me a deep fried dumbass.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 04:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yep those numbers include the Events that happened on their watch.

Can't win can they? if they had done it differently people would still have found a watch to ***** about something. At the time they did what they thought was best and you get the benefit of Hindsight. 

Crap happens to every President.  You can't sit back and ignore it just because it doesn't fit your narrative.  What happened to the Bush economy was tax cuts in his first term  the same thing that would have torpedoed the economy in a Trump 2nd term just like it did in the Reagan 2nd term.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 08:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If Biden tried to blackmail another country to make up a story about his opponent to rig an election. Or gave Hunter a job in the White House. Or if he was palling around with authoritarian leaders and saying in front of the world he believed them over USA intelligence agencies. Or if he attempted a multi pronged attack on our democracy to try and steal an election. Or if he had a hotel in DC and various other businesses he wouldn’t divest from where he could funnel money into his own pocket thanks to his position in power. Or if he tried to roll back the affordable care act or make cuts to social security or tried to raise the retirement age.

This would pretty much be my answer too.

But others view all that as a "proven track record" or some such.

And many see the guy who DIDN"T try to blackmail a foreign country and overturn valid elections as the true threat to democracy. They would DEFINITELY
not vote for Biden if he falsely claimed an election was rigged and tried to overturn it.

Few or no Trump supporters would say they support a dishonest leader who loves dictators, encouraged anti-vaxx propaganda during a pandemic, attempted a coup, and would weaponize the DOJ to wreak vengeance on those who thwart his will or attempt to hold him accountable.

So on that side I think Dino's question is negated from the start. Trump supporters draw pretty much the same lines you and I do, they just deny that Trump has really crossed them, and believe Biden has. 

The difference between supporters of one candidate vs the other is mainly a difference in how they use evidence to assess media narratives. 
Reply/Quote
My own personal line is that I don't expect horrible people to chose good policies.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote