Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you like to happen?
(01-03-2023, 06:09 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Is it a breach of moral character for the team who can’t continue to forfeit? They do that in any individual sport. I honestly don’t know what the right answer is, but I can absolutely see the validation behind requesting Buffalo to forfeit.

Both teams declined to continue.

Both.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:15 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Both teams declined to continue.

Both.

I’m sure, but it doesn’t change that it was Buffalo who couldn’t continue. I know it sounds callous, but in Boxing or Wrestling (legitimate wrestling), when one can’t continue due to injury or what not- they forfeit, no matter the score.

Don’t take me as being insensitive, as ultimately it is what it is and Damar is first and foremost the priority, but life/work/sports do eventually have to move on.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:26 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m sure, but it doesn’t change that it was Buffalo who couldn’t continue. I know it sounds callous, but in Boxing or Wrestling (legitimate wrestling), when one can’t continue due to injury or what not- they forfeit, no matter the score.

Don’t take me as being insensitive, as ultimately it is what it is and Damar is first and foremost the priority, but life/work/sports do eventually have to move on.

Both teams could have continued. They both had enough players to play. Neither team elected to play, because both teams were shaken. I don’t think there’s an argument here, all due respect.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:29 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Both teams could have continued. They both had enough players to play. Neither team elected to play, because both teams were shaken. I don’t think there’s an argument here, all due respect.

An argument you’re not willing to see, doesn’t mean there isn’t an argument to be had.

Nevertheless, I think the game needs to be offered be played and if Buffalo or Cincinnati decline they forfeit, if they both decline they take a tie or vacate the game.

You can’t punish a team for something out of their control.
Reply/Quote
If the Chefs lose on Saturday, will they still retain the number one seed even if the Bengals and Bills win?

No matter what, by not playing this game, it screws the Bengals.

If the Bengals are locked into the three seed, they will play the Ravens two weeks in a row.

I’m sorry, but this game has to be played.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol 1 big bedroom, 2 small Wink

I already knew that. I've been there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A tie is the only real option.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:42 PM)wanga Wrote: A tie is the only real option.

IMO that is an absolute no go.  There was no tie.
Reply/Quote
We all hope the best for the young man and we all agree it is a tragedy.

But let's discuss reality and the business aspect, this talk of "breach of moral character" is nonsense. The consequences of the league's decision on the outcome of this game impacts several teams, several cities, thousand of fans, thousands of vendors... regardless of the decision it will have zero impact on the young man's recovery.

The easiest out for the league that impacts the fewest team is to determine a winner or a tie.
A tie would be unfair to the Bengals, Ravens and Chiefs.
The Bengals could be the only team "declared" as winner due to score of the game and this would be unfair to the Bills, but it is the only earned outcome even if it was just the 1st Qtr played.

Rescheduling the game by eliminating the weekend prior to the SB is not fair to the Bengals nor the Bills as it gives their playoff opponent a bye and if the Bengals win, the Chiefs a 2 week bye.

Logistics are horrible in this situation and at the least 2 teams will be impacted negatively.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:42 PM)wanga Wrote: A tie is the only real option.

How is it an option, the score was 7-3?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: How is it an option, the score was 7-3?

The game won’t be replayed, I severely doubt a win will be awarded to the Bengals because they were in front, a split of result seems to be the only viable option. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:15 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Both teams declined to continue.

Both.

Except that once told they had 5 minutes to restart the game our players began stretching and Burrow starting throwing to warm up.   You may be projecting a little... 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:57 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: IMO that is an absolute no go.  There was no tie.

Agree, give us the win or we play the Bills after we play the Ravens. Only 2 ways to go on this one and giving us the win is 
unfair to the Bills. So play the game after is the only way to go unless the Bills want to take a loss which I don't see them 
conceding.

(01-03-2023, 06:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We all hope the best for the young man and we all agree it is a tragedy.

But let's discuss reality and the business aspect, this talk of "breach of moral character" is nonsense.  The consequences of the league's decision on the outcome of this game impacts several teams, several cities, thousand of fans, thousands of vendors... regardless of the decision it will have zero impact on the young man's recovery.

The easiest out for the league that impacts the fewest team is to determine a winner or a tie.  
A tie would be unfair to the Bengals, Ravens and Chiefs.
The Bengals could be the only team "declared" as winner due to score of the game and this would be unfair to the Bills, but it is the only earned outcome even if it was just the 1st Qtr played.

Rescheduling the game by eliminating the weekend prior to the SB is not fair to the Bengals nor the Bills as it gives their playoff opponent a bye and if the Bengals win, the Chiefs a 2 week bye.

Logistics are horrible in this situation and at the least 2 teams will be impacted negatively.

Bit confusing that is for sure, either give us the win or we play the Bills after we play the Ravens I think simplifies it all.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:04 PM)wanga Wrote: The game won’t be replayed, I severely doubt a win will be awarded to the Bengals because they were in front, a split of result seems to be the only viable option. 

And that is BS.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Except that once told they had 5 minutes to restart the game our players began stretching and Burrow starting throwing to warm up.   You may be projecting a little... 

Yep, we would of played on but the Bills couldn't. Too much emotion for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And that is BS.

Maybe but I suspect the game will be ‘abandoned’ and it’s either nothing for either or a split. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, we would of played on but the Bills couldn't. Too much emotion for them.

You think Tee could have continued?  NFW!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Except that once told they had 5 minutes to restart the game our players began stretching and Burrow starting throwing to warm up.   You may be projecting a little... 

When presented with a choice, the Bengals did not play. That’s really all there is to it.
Reply/Quote
The 5 minute warm up theory was refuted wasn’t it?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:11 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: You think Tee could have continued?  NFW!

I don't know, doubt Tee would of, he would be the exception. Too much to think about for him.
Reply/Quote