Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you take for Marvin jones.
Hypothetical here. If you had a say in the decisions and someone was trying to trade for MJ, what would they have to offer? For me, it'd have to be a second.
Reply/Quote
Keep Marvin, entertain offers on AJ Green.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would take nothing less than a first. I feel like ge could be half of the teams number 1.
Reply/Quote
Their whole draft....who knows? Maybe I'm speaking to another Mike Ditka?
Reply/Quote
Nothing during this season. This team has a chance to be super bowl bound, you don't start trading key players all willy nilly if the goal is to win it all this year.
Reply/Quote
I'd be reluctant to trade him period, because while he's still rather unproven, he has a lot of potential in my opinion.

It would take a second rounder for me (maybe a high third), but that's a price I highly doubt many teams would pay. We're still talking about a guy who had a relatively productive season one year, and was injured for another.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep Marvin, entertain offers on AJ Green.

Interesting. Why?

As far as the OP, probably a first. Possibly a 2 & 4.
Reply/Quote
So we visually see the repercussions of not having a legit #2 receiver last year. Now we see how well the offense is with him contributing..

And the talk instantly goes to trade.

I don't get folks on these boards. It's like, if someone does well but isn't the number #1 guy at his position we might as well trade him.

Put McCarron, Gio, Marvin Jones and all the rest of the 2nd string on the trading block why don't ya.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:21 AM)Benton Wrote: Interesting. Why?

As far as the OP, probably a first. Possibly a 2 & 4.

Green is great, but makes too many drops.  Also too many interceptions on balls thrown his way.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't trade any core guy on the team unless were completely out of it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Green is great, but makes too many drops.  Also too many interceptions on balls thrown his way.

How often does Andy throw it Green's way?  Plus, I'd wager whenever Andy has one of those "oh crap!" moments the first person he chucks it towards is AJ.  I'm just assuming though.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:04 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Hypothetical here. If you had a say in the decisions and someone was trying to trade for MJ, what would they have to offer? For me, it'd have to be a second.

Considering all of this:
1. we are in the playoff hunt by going 2-0
2. Marvin Jones has been a key WR in the past
3. I want a SB this year, not in some unspecified future year

It would have to be one hell of an offer to get me to give up a key piece I needed to help us win this year. But since, there are no glaring weaknesses on this team, it would have to be higher than anyone in their right minds would offer, like a proven high tackling LB or top half of 1st round pick.

(09-24-2015, 12:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Green is great, but makes too many drops. Also too many interceptions on balls thrown his way.

Can't blame Dalton's high INTs last year on Green. Green > Dalton

A lot of QBs around the league would love to throw to the weapons on this team. I'd trade Dalton and Marvin Jones to Indy for Luck in a heartbeat, right now.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep Marvin, entertain offers on AJ Green.

2016 1st. And a 2017 3rd. (contract lowers from 2nd to 3rd).

To the OP most you could get out of Jones right now is AT MOST a 6th round draft pick. While he looked great in 2013 injuries have hurt any kinda trade at this point in his career. Best bet is to let him play out his rookie contract and consider his price when he's a free agent.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Would not be able to get in return enough value to trade him now.

Because do not believe Bengals would get offered more than a 5th or 6th pick, possibly a 4th if team was desperate.

Think he is worth more to the Bengals than that.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Just for shits and giggles... if it were to be entertained and I were the decision maker, I'd probably have to have a quality starting LB (similar to McCoy/Alonso trade) and 2016 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:43 AM)Nately120 Wrote: How often does Andy throw it Green's way?  Plus, I'd wager whenever Andy has one of those "oh crap!" moments the first person he chucks it towards is AJ.  I'm just assuming though.

Let's be honest. How many times has Dalton just blindly chucked it up to AJ?

I'm sorry, but that doesn't happen nearly as often as some say.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Would not want to trade, but if required no less than a 2nd round pick for him.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 01:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Let's be honest. How many times has Dalton just blindly chucked it up to AJ?

I'm sorry, but that doesn't happen nearly as often as some say.

Agree, but it's easier to blame the whipping boy Dalton than the golden child Green. Some on here (mostly the ones with an agenda against Dalton) refuse to acknowledge that Green ever messes up, lets up, etc.

As for trading Jones - pass
Reply/Quote
So now every thread is turning into another whip on AJ thread. ***** bizarre. For every play that he didn't play enough defense, there is one like the TD pass he caught, plays only a handful of guys in the league even make. Trade AJ? Careful what you wish for. ***** bizarre.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:22 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So we visually see the repercussions of not having a legit #2 receiver last year. Now we see how well the offense is with him contributing..

And the talk instantly goes to trade.

I don't get folks on these boards. It's like, if someone does well but isn't the number #1 guy at his position we might as well trade him.

Put McCarron, Gio, Marvin Jones and all the rest of the 2nd string on the trading block why don't ya.

Yeah.  Trade 'em.  Trade 'em all.  We don't need a WR2.  Last year didn't happen at all. 

Hey, let's package Whit, Geno, Dunlap.  We could get  a couple first rounders outa that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote