Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would your Grade be for Bengals 2015 draft?
Round 1, pick No. 21: Cedric Ogbuehi, OL, Texas A&M
Round 2, pick No. 53: Jake Fisher, OL, Oregon
Round 3, pick No. 85: Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers
Round 3, pick No. 99: Paul Dawson, LB, TCU
Round 4, pick No. 120: Josh Shaw, DB, USC
Round 4, pick No. 135: Marcus Hardison, DL, Arizona State
Round 5, pick No. 157, C.J. Uzomah, TE, Auburn
Round 6, pick No. 197, Derron Smith, DB, Fresno State
Round 7, pick No. 238, Mario Alford, WR, West Virginia
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 11:54 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Round 1, pick No. 21: Cedric Ogbuehi, OL, Texas A&M

F...i said it draft day 2015 and im sticking to it.  I was so angry after this draft.
Reply/Quote
Huge F. Horrible draft.
Reply/Quote
Well, some could view it an A+ because drafts like this help put the franchise in position to draft Burrow at #1 overall.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I ask because these are grades that were given. This is just an example of why I don’t read anything regarding to grading a teams draft. Nobody knows. It’s kind of a silly process. JMO

Outlet
ESPN B+
NFL.com A+
CBS Sports B
Sports Illustrated B+
Local 12 A-
B/R A
Reply/Quote
0-4 in top 100 picks that's sad! Of course it's an F!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 11:54 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Round 1, pick No. 21: Cedric Ogbuehi, OL, Texas A&M

It's the worst draft that I can remember.

Only about 3 guys made any impact really, and all but Uzomah didn't get a 2nd contract by the Bengals.
Uzomah really hasn't been that good either, amassing only 114 receptions for 1098 yards and 8 TDs over 6 seasons.
If there's any bit of optimism, it's that Uzomah was on pace for his best season last year before going down to injury.
If he stays healthy and back to same effectiveness, I can see him being potentially in the Top 15 among TEs in the league for receiving.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 11:57 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: F...i said it draft day 2015 and im sticking to it.  I was so angry after this draft.

Well, Kroft and Uzomah are still servicable guys and Oblewie is plating in Seattle last I checked.
Give it  a c - 
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 12:18 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Well, Kroft and Uzomah are still servicable guys and Oblewie is plating in Seattle last I checked.
Give it  a c - 

But what did they do for the Bengals?
That's all that really matters, honestly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 12:04 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: I ask because these are grades that were given. This is just an example of why I don’t read anything regarding to grading a teams draft. Nobody knows. It’s kind of a silly process. JMO

Outlet
ESPN B+
NFL.com A+
CBS Sports B
Sports Illustrated B+
Local 12 A-
B/R A

Yeah, the 2015 was one of the few drafts where I completely jumped the "wait 3 years to call a draft a complete bust" rule. Ogbuehi was the worst OL I have ever seen start in the NFL. Honestly he might be the worst starter of any position I have ever seen play. Good on him for sticking with it and turning himself into a decent backup, but man was he brutal with the Bengals.

(When I say starter, I mean someone actually intended to start. So a guy who's like 4th on the depth chart isn't the kind of guys I have in mind.)

It's crazy to think that the only person to last more than 4 years on the Bengals (and the only person to still be a starter in the NFL) from that draft was CJ Uzomah.
Ogbuehi: 4 years (Backup)
Fisher: 4 years (Out of NFL)
Kroft: 4 years (Backup)
Dawson: 2 years (Out of NFL)
Shaw: 3 years (Out of NFL)
Hardison: 2 years (Out of NFL)
Uzomah: 7 years
D Smith: 3 years (Out of NFL)
Alford: 1 year (Out of NFL)

Can't be anything other than an F.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
F......Real question is how many people gave it an A at the time and thought it would make the Bengals into a top tier team? Ninja
Reply/Quote
May go down as worst draft in team history.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 12:00 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: Well, some could view it an A+ because drafts like this help put the franchise in position to draft Burrow at #1 overall.

It also put us in position to have a free surgical scar with our Joe Burrow purchase.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 12:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: F......Real question is how many people gave it an A at the time and thought it would make the Bengals into a top tier team? Ninja

All the homers, for sure. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
10th grade... i just dont think they are out of adolescence, yet. If you dont know what adolescence is.. "The World Health Organization (WHO) defines an adolescent as any person between ages 10 and 19. This age range falls within WHO’s definition of young people, which refers to individuals between ages 10 and 24. Three youths running down a street together."

Just like The Bengals, The World Health Organization ran off the rails at the end....
Reply/Quote
Big fat F. That’s a terrible list.

I will admit I liked Dawson and Shaw at the time. Dawson never did anything. Shaw at least showed flashes for a short time.
Reply/Quote
I have a Mario Alford Jersey lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I remember word came out that they were very close to picking Grady Jarrett, instead of Marcus Hardison.
Reply/Quote

That is a D. Would be a complete F, but Uzomah brings it up to a D.  Who did we not pick in the first 4 rounds ?  We had to let a lot of talent slip by. 

I give 2016 a B, 2017 a B and 2018 a B because Bengals do have Boyd, Mixon and Bates from those 3 years, even if they did strike out on Ross and Price.  Still too early to tell on 2019, depends on what Williams and others do. 

There is no doubt 2015 was close to an F.  I'm probably kind letting Uzomah raise it to a D.  Who we did not draft must be amazing stars in NFL.  2014 looks like a D close to an F also. Now 2013 was a good draft.

Whoever made the picks in 2014 and 2015 should have been fired. An organ grinders monkey could pull names out of a hat better than that. To have drafts like that set the team back and on it's down hill slide. They drafted Ogbuehi knowing he was too injured to play or practice his rookie year. They knew that when they turned in their first round pick. I'm kind giving it a D due to Uzomah, it should be an F. Throw in they drafted Ogbuehi and Fisher because they were not going to resign Whitworth and Zeitler. Add in they did not resign Marvin Jones or Sanu. It was Mike Brown and Company at it's WORST and why Bengals tumbled into Last Place.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

D+/C-

Ced still in league on Seahawks
Fisher ended up with long term injury issues
Kroft wasn't a bad player and still in the league (Jets)
Dawson was horrific. Huge dissapointment
Shaw was ok for CB depth... and a nut case
Hardison couldn't find thenfield consistently
Uzomah is a really good player and a great Bengal.
Smith Typical 6th rounder
Alford was typical 7th rounder
Reply/Quote