Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would your Grade be for Bengals 2015 draft?
This draft was before our most successful recent season in 2015?

Imagine if we actually hit on some picks? Could that have pushed that 2015 team over the hump to a playoff win?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
at the time I thought it was a really good idea. I thought Ced Ogbuehi was gonna be good and Fisher too.

I thought we crushed it rounds 1-7.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 10:24 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: This draft was before our most successful recent season in 2015?

Imagine if we actually hit on some picks? Could that have pushed that 2015 team over the hump to a playoff win?

I honestly think that playoff L crushed that team's spirit. It was just over after that, even if we kept the line strong.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 12:09 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I honestly think that playoff L crushed that team's spirit. It was just over after that, even if we kept the line strong.

Agreed. It felt like most of the players lost their fire after that atrocity. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Man this year is the worst year I've graded since that one. I thought we had two decent picks (fisher and shaw). I wasn't right, but I wasn't exactly wrong, either.

We made some weird ass picks then.
Reply/Quote
I remember being pretty pissed off about the Cedric Ogbuehi pick.  I hate drafting guys that are already injured especially in rounds 1-3.  I think it was generally considered to be a weak draft for OL so it was a bad strategy for us to try to draft them.  Maybe if we didn't draft Ogbuehi we would have kept Whitworth, and our OL wouldn't have fallen apart.
Reply/Quote
I remember in 2015 I thought "We've had pretty good drafts recently, so I'm just going to trust in the coaches picks. I didn't like the people they picked, but I liked we went OL". I also remember Cedric limping to the podium, which wasn't a good sign.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 12:09 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I honestly think that playoff L crushed that team's spirit. It was just over after that, even if we kept the line strong.

I think that the playoff loss was horrible for the teams spirit, but Zietler and then Whit leaving was the biggest thing that brought this team down. I feel like the defense gave up in games a lot because of the playoff loss though.
Reply/Quote
Quote:ask because these are grades that were given. This is just an example of why I don’t read anything regarding to grading a teams draft. Nobody knows. It’s kind of a silly process. JMO

Outlet
ESPN B+
NFL.com A+
CBS Sports B
Sports Illustrated B+
Local 12 A-
B/R 
I hear what ya saying, we should expect all but Evan out of our 2021 draft haul to be out of the league by 2026.
Reply/Quote
I think the 1st/2nd round OL flops of this draft ruined this team more than any other single factor since 2016.
Reply/Quote

Shake I couldn't agree with this statement more.  I think that loss was demoralizing not only to the players but the staff as well, as you can see our drafts went to shit the last 2 years Marvin was here after that loss.  

I honestly think the biggest losses were Zeilter and Whit though.  Whit was the leader of this team/organization while Marvin was here.  He was the man in the lockroom and commanded respect.  If Whit talked everyone listened.   

Evidently the Bengals organization didnt put enough importance on the role he played in the locker room nor what losing a piece like him could do to an entire organization.  

I think Burrow has the chance to be the leader Whit was but Whit was also here for 10 years so he earned that respect over time.  Burrows the only one I can see in Whit's mold of leadership. 
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 12:00 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: Well, some could view it an A+ because drafts like this help put the franchise in position to draft Burrow at #1 overall.

Building sand castles out of crap  lol
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 12:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Building sand castles out of crap  lol

I was being facetious for the record!
Reply/Quote