Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway?
(11-08-2018, 04:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because we have no history of detaining/separating families that migrate here legally.

Hmm

Are you sure?

Really sure?

(11-08-2018, 04:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you think his reply makes the assumption they will cross illegally?

I think he never said illegally.  You assumed that. 

And as the POTUS has called a group of people seeking legal asylum an "invasion" I bet I know why you assumed that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-08-2018, 05:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think he never said illegally.  You assumed that. 

And as the POTUS has called a group of people seeking legal asylum an "invasion" I bet I know why you assumed that.

WWII, for real?

I didn't expect a straight answer.

I really do not understand the point you are trying to make with the last statement
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-08-2018, 05:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WWII, for real?

I didn't expect a straight answer.

I really do not understand the point you are trying to make with the last statement

Yes...WWII.

And three other links covering the last 5 years or so.

You said Dill said something that he did not.  
(11-08-2018, 05:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes...WWII.

And three other links covering the last 5 years or so.

You said Dill said something that he did not.  
And none of them have to do with folks seeking legal entering into the nation; of course there can be red tape.

Actually I said "do you think his response made the assumption."

These things always work better when you use my actual words instead of what you wished I had said.

But like I said: I didn't expect you to answer the question.

(11-08-2018, 05:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually I said "do you think his response made the assumption."

Indeed you did and I responded that he didn't say that.  I didn't make an assumption.  You did.  

(11-08-2018, 05:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: These things always work better when you use my actual words instead of what you wished I had said.

Okie dokie:

(11-08-2018, 04:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because we have no history of detaining/separating families that migrate here legally.

For which I provided four separate links.

Then you said:

(11-08-2018, 05:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And none of them have to do with folks seeking legal entering into the nation; of course there can be red tape.

Because you had to change the parameters once you were wrong in your initial question.

(11-08-2018, 05:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But like I said: I didn't expect you to answer the question.

I didn't expect you to admit you were wrong.  Looks like at least I was right.
(11-08-2018, 09:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: No we are going to tell Mexico they need to build the pens, and they will pay for it.

They already are!! :) Most of the caravan has decided to stay in Mexico.
But waves 2 and 3 are on the way, we will see them just in time for the next election cycle!! :andy:

(11-08-2018, 05:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hmm

Are you sure?

Really sure?

I think he never said illegally.  You assumed that. 

Ok,
First guy enters legally as a child, gets busted with Cocaine, sent back to home country, comes back illegally.  STOP

2nd one, family enters illegally.. Technically STOP (parents had time to become legal, but failed to do so).  Sons try to seek entry via asylum, miss court date  STOP That's a shame, but happens.

3rd one, here legally, but committed 2 crimes, to bad, had more than 5 years of good behavior to change status from Green Card holder to USC, never did.

Just cause you are here legally doesn't mean you can commit crime and not end up being deported. Fulfill the requirements to become a USC so that if you do commit a crime, you won't be deported.

(11-08-2018, 05:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Indeed you did and I responded that he didn't say that.  I didn't make an assumption.  You did.  

Okie dokie:

For which I provided four separate links.

Then you said:

Because you had to change the parameters once you were wrong in your initial question.

I didn't expect you to admit you were wrong.  Looks like at least I was right.

None of your links were good, all had committed crimes, so of course they are going to be detained and possibly deported. That's how the system works.

When you sign that I-485 (Green Card application) it specifically says on Item Numbers 25-80 of a long list of illegal activities that saying yes to anyone of them can result in a deportation. And lying on this form, is a Federal offense, which will also result in a deportation.

The War camps were an outlier, that's not normally how it works. You should know better than to try to push it off as an example that happens all the time.
(11-08-2018, 06:54 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Ok,
First guy enters legally as a child, gets busted with Cocaine, sent back to home country, comes back illegally.  STOP

2nd one, family enters illegally.. Technically STOP (parents had time to become legal, but failed to do so).  Sons try to seek entry via asylum, miss court date  STOP That's a shame, but happens.

3rd one, here legally, but committed 2 crimes, to bad, had more than 5 years of good behavior to change status from Green Card holder to USC, never did.

Just cause you are here legally doesn't mean you can commit crime and not end up being deported. Fulfill the requirements to become a USC so that if you do commit a crime, you won't be deported.

None of your links were good, all had committed crimes, so of course they are going to be detained and possibly deported. That's how the system works.

When you sign that I-485 (Green Card application) it specifically says on Item Numbers 25-80 of a long list of illegal activities that saying yes to anyone of them can result in a deportation. And lying on this form, is a Federal offense, which will also result in a deportation.

The War camps were an outlier, that's not normally how it works. You should know better than to try to push it off as an example that happens all the time.

To be honest I simply glanced at the articles I didn't read them in detail. Thanks for doing so.

But as I said; none are relevant to what we are discussing and/or if Dill's comments made the assumption they were going to cross illegally.

But apparently I was wrong because......

(11-08-2018, 04:01 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Do you think that many will survive the gunfire?

I know these kids and their mothers are well armed--especially the ISIS and MS 13 members. But I am pretty sure that most of our guys will survive the confrontation. They'll be all up armored and in MRAPS and the like, while most of these kids will have no training, little ammo, and no heavy weapons. 

I know you are worried about this B-Zona, but our guys will stop them. U.S citizens of Arizona will be protected.
(11-08-2018, 05:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: These things always work better when you use my actual words instead of what you wished I had said.

Boy Howdy! Did you just say that?  Shocked
(11-08-2018, 07:05 PM)Dill Wrote: Boy Howdy! Did you just say that?  Shocked

I did. Dino accused me of stating you said something that I never did. I simply said your statement makes the assumption. 

Did your statement make the assumption that they cross illegally? Seems this question falls into the the too hard to answer category. 

(11-08-2018, 06:54 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:  Most of the caravan has decided to stay in Mexico.

Mexico made them a nice offer. It is possible the U.S. had something to do with it. If that is the case, I say, "Good job. Good solution."
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(11-08-2018, 07:02 PM)Dill Wrote: I know these kids and their mothers are well armed--especially the ISIS and MS 13 members. But I am pretty sure that most of our guys will survive the confrontation. They'll be all up armored and in MRAPS and the like, while most of these kids will have no training, little ammo, and no heavy weapons. 

I know you are worried about this B-Zona, but our guys will stop them. U.S citizens of Arizona will be protected.

I'm just concerned that we might have to use tactical nukes. Being near the border, I wouldn't want to get any radiation on me.
(11-08-2018, 07:17 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Mexico made them a nice offer. It is possible the U.S. had something to do with it. If that is the case, I say, "Good job. Good solution."

Very likely Trumps rhetoric and actions helped, even if it was just for show on his end.
Mexico is getting super sensitive and doing everything they can to prove Trump wrong, but in reality, Trump wins again!! Cause they did exactly what he wanted in the first place and that was for them to accept the immigrants instead of passing them on to us.
(11-08-2018, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did. Dino accused me of stating you said something that I never did. I simply said your statement makes the assumption. 

Did your statement make the assumption that they cross illegally? Seems this question falls into the the too hard to answer category. 

VERY difficult to answer. What to do? Are the invaders illegal BEFORE they get here? Do they become illegal when they apply for asylum or when we put their children in pens.   Hmm Just can't think of an answer.

Wait, maybe we already discussed this on another thread? 
(11-08-2018, 07:19 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm just concerned that we might have to use tactical nukes. Being near the border, I wouldn't want to get any radiation on me.

Well if those Democrats get your guns, nukes might be the only option left.... Ninja
(11-08-2018, 07:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Mexico is getting super sensitive and doing everything they can to prove Trump wrong,

Wrong about what?

That they are going to pay for a wall on our southern border?
(11-08-2018, 07:33 PM)Dill Wrote: VERY difficult to answer. What to do? Are the invaders illegal BEFORE they get here? Do they become illegal when they apply for asylum or when we put their children in pens.   Hmm Just can't think of an answer.

Wait, maybe we already discussed this on another thread? 

apparently

(11-08-2018, 07:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Very likely Trumps rhetoric and actions helped, even if it was just for show on his end.
Mexico is getting super sensitive and doing everything they can to prove Trump wrong, but in reality, Trump wins again!! Cause they did exactly what he wanted in the first place and that was for them to accept the immigrants instead of passing them on to us.

Er, you mean the Mexican gov. is doing exactly what Obama wanted, don't you? He is the one who pushed them to start intercepting migrants back in 2014. Hence the existing programs for asylum seekers and the like.

Trump wins at home though, if his base does not know the history of Central American migration to the U.S.  
(11-08-2018, 07:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Very likely Trumps rhetoric and actions helped, even if it was just for show on his end.

I'd like to believe that that is how Trump operates. I'm still not a fan of it.

Mexico has warmed to Trump a little since they worked out their part of a new NAFTA. Their government has backed off the anti-Trump rhetoric quite a bit. I suspect the accepting-immigrants thing may have been part of negotiations.
(11-08-2018, 07:48 PM)Dill Wrote: Er, you mean the Mexican gov. is doing exactly what Obama wanted, don't you? He is the one who pushed them to start intercepting migrants back in 2014. Hence the existing programs for asylum seekers and the like.

Trump wins at home though, if his base does not know the history of Central American migration to the U.S.  

Hmm, thought that was all about the kids that were migrating, not adults.