Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
When Did Cordell Volson Become hot shit?
(08-12-2023, 07:11 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Refresh my memory but didn’t he workout and get instruction from the pseudo great in his own mind Paul Alexander before the draft and this supposedly said expert said CarMAN was a steal in the second round?  And some of you want Alexander back and get rid of Pollack!   Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who wants Alexander back? I must’ve missed something. Now, there is criticism of Pollack.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 01:04 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I noticed he didn't play any preseason snaps. When did he get elevated to "hot shit" status? You'd think he'd need the reps with the rest of them.

Hilarious

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Better pray Volson goes all 17 games plus playoffs since the backups are dangerous to Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 07:11 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Refresh my memory but didn’t he workout and get instruction from the pseudo great in his own mind Paul Alexander before the draft and this supposedly said expert said CarMAN was a steal in the second round?  And some of you want Alexander back and get rid of Pollack!   Lol

I don't want PA back, but the only thing Pollack has done since he's been here is......

Move Karras from a 72 rating to a 62 rating

Move Cappa from a 73 to a 67

Move LC from a 82 to a 57

Did nothing to develop a 2nd RD pick

Turned a 4th RD pick into the worst starting LG in the NFL

Ruin Jonah as LT

I fear for the Zues Jr downfall
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Wyche
(08-12-2023, 08:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not a hundred percent sure that Piano Man worked him out, but I DO KNOW he suggested the pick to Mikey. He proves again that he doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

Pretty sure Alexander worked him out, there was at least one article written on it.   Im hoping the Ravens or KC hire Alexander as their draft consultant, we no longer need his services, as if we ever did.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 09:17 PM)SladeX Wrote: Who wants Alexander back? I must’ve missed something. Now, there is criticism of Pollack.

Fred Toast posted something stupid (surprised! Lol) pertaining to this subject in another thread and a couple of people agreed.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't want PA back, but the only thing Pollack has done since he's been here is......

Move Karras from a 72 rating to a 62 rating

Move Cappa from a 73 to a 67

Move LC from a 82 to a 57

Did nothing to develop a 2nd RD pick

Turned a 4th RD pick into the worst starting LG in the NFL

Ruin Jonah as LT

I fear for the Zues Jr downfall

And not be Jim Turner... But yeah, Pollack is living off the reputation that Dallas line gave him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 08:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not a hundred percent sure that Piano Man worked him out, but I DO KNOW he suggested the pick to Mikey. He proves again that he doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

Alexander was his pre-draft trainer..
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 05:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How many more of the "awesome" takes do we have to suffer before opening day?

Till everyone puts this "look at me" drama queen on ignore..
Reply/Quote
From what I could see, those depth players need every rep that they can get as they looked turrible..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 12:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From what I could see, those depth players need every rep that they can get as they looked turrible..

Yup

I just watched 1st half again and the backup Oline played poorly pretty much across the board, to put it nicely.  Carman on a few plays looked like he wasn't sure what to do at all?

I was signing his praises late last year but he looked like crap in this preseason game.
Reply/Quote
PA is a poor evaluator of talent but he did a better job at making the most of the talent he had.
Reply/Quote
Lol yeah I don't know if he's hot sht. I think it's more just that he's the starting LG. He's not coming back from injury, he's not in a battle... he's just kinda mediocre CV. If Brown and Karras aren't playing, it probably doesn't help him (might even hurt him) to take reps with the backups. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 12:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

I just watched 1st half again and the backup Oline played poorly pretty much across the board, to put it nicely.  Carman on a few plays looked like he wasn't sure what to do at all?

I was signing his praises late last year but he looked like crap in this preseason game.

As was I, but now I have to wonder.  Was the playoff performance indicative of who he really is when the pressure is on, or was it just another case of my infamous "fresh legs syndrome" theory?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
As poor as the OL looked in general in that game, there was one play that did stand out. The counter play, where the LG pulls and goes straight down the line to pick up the unblocked DE, where Evans got his 25 yard run was perfectly executed by the backup OL.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The backup OL was completely out of sync, as the screwup early on showed. Weirdly the QBs still had time to throw - they were just hilariously inaccurate. Unfortunately this is the kind of play our approach to preseason will produce. We should have had the second team practicing together as a unit for a bit before the game to get them at least somewhat into sync.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 01:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: The backup OL was completely out of sync, as the screwup early on showed. Weirdly the QBs still had time to throw - they were just hilariously inaccurate. Unfortunately this is the kind of play our approach to preseason will produce. We should have had the second team practicing together as a unit for a bit before the game to get them at least somewhat into sync.

Isn't that what they do, everyday in camp?  I've always thought that when they go "live scrimmage" in camp, it's the #2 offense vs. the Starting D, and vice versa.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 01:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As poor as the OL looked in general in that game, there was one play that did stand out.  The counter play, where the LG pulls and goes straight down the line to pick up the unblocked DE, where Evans got his 25 yard run was perfectly executed by the backup OL.

I think Cody Ford made that good block, but could be wrong. Was the highlight of the day, need to watch that Evans run again...
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 01:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As was I, but now I have to wonder.  Was the playoff performance indicative of who he really is when the pressure is on, or was it just another case of my infamous "fresh legs syndrome" theory?

Yes I dunno? I hate to call it lack of effort, I mean it was a preseason game. But on several plays it just looked like Carman just didn't want to be there. Phoning it in. Perhaps he's a bit ticked he's not in with the 1's??
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 12:32 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: PA is a poor evaluator of talent but he did a better job at making the most of the talent he had.

I think he had a decent eye for talent.  

His biggest screwup was trying to shift his philosophy away from drafting big, strong OL.  He brought in "athletes" like Ced and Fisher and watched the run game die.  

If he didn't get cute in that draft, his reputation would be fairly solid.  
Reply/Quote