Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
When Did Cordell Volson Become hot shit?
(08-25-2023, 04:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Cordell Volson is a lean, mean blocking machine!

Thanks for putting the article up Sunset, I don't like clicking on certain sites. Have been predicting Volson will have a muchly 
improved season over his rookie year. Him coming in as our most fit Lineman shows how much he works his ass off to be as 
good as possible. That is very high praise from Mixon and Volson was getting very high praise from Orlando Brown Jr as well 
earlier in the Offseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 07:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for putting the article up Sunset, I don't like clicking on certain sites. Have been predicting Volson will have a muchly 
improved season over his rookie year. Him coming in as our most fit Lineman shows how much he works his ass off to be as 
good as possible. That is very high praise from Mixon and Volson was getting very high praise from Orlando Brown Jr as well 
earlier in the Offseason.

You know that he's been my dude from day 1.  Those are some mighty high words of praise from Mixon and Pollack, and I certainly hope that CV is going to meet and exceed all expectations.  I mean they had zero issues with naming him the starter as a rookie, and never flinching while he went through some typical growing pains, so the staff and his linemates definitely saw something in him that many on this board weren't/aren't willing to see/admit is there.  The table is set for him, let's see if he's ready to feast!  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 06:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm anxious to see how much Volson has grown since last season.
Any player can put on mass, even if most/all muscle, and still not make a huge difference.
Since we haven't seen him in a game yet, I'm trying to trust the reports that he's a different animal now, but we've been fooled before...

It's one thing to simply add lean muscle mass, but to do it while lowering his total bodyfat content is another.  All I know is that when that dude pulls and goes down the line, the defensive end usually lands with a thud.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 07:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know that he's been my dude from day 1.  Those are some mighty high words of praise from Mixon and Pollack, and I certainly hope that CV is going to meet and exceed all expectations.  I mean they had zero issues with naming him the starter as a rookie, and never flinching while he went through some typical growing pains, so the staff and his linemates definitely saw something in him that many on this board weren't/aren't willing to see/admit is there.  The table is set for him, let's see if he's ready to feast!  

Yes, hoping Mixon plays with conviction in running the ball this season behind Volson and this OL. Sure was some high praise from
Pollack as well on Mixon and how he has taken to this Offseason. Mixon had a disappointing season last year IMO. Would love for 
him to turn it around and have a great year along with Volson and the entire OL.

We will win a lot of games and maybe even the SB if so.

(08-25-2023, 07:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's one thing to simply add lean muscle mass, but to do it while lowering his total bodyfat content is another.  All I know is that when that dude pulls and goes down the line, the defensive end usually lands with a thud.

Yeah, Cordell sure can get nasty. I love this about him, he loves to decleat Defenders. Still remember what he did to Bud Dupree lmao
Reply/Quote
Quote:Future Hall of Famer?

“All praise to Cordell," Mixon continued. "He’s going to be around a long time and I believe that as long as he’s on the right track of doing what he’s doing he’s a potential Hall of Famer.”

Pollack didn't dismiss the idea, he smiled upon hearing it.

“He’s a hall-of-fame person, I know that,” Pollack said. “He’s got the right attitude for it. In his second year that’s a pretty big lofty statement. I wouldn’t be surprised though because that’s how he approaches the game. He’s got huge expectations for himself and that’s quite [a lot of] praise coming from his running back. I would not be surprised if at the end of his long career he were to end up there.”

And with that, Frank Booth's head exploded.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And with that, Frank Booth's head exploded.... Hilarious

Sunset Bengal approves this post.   Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 07:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, hoping Mixon plays with conviction in running the ball this season behind Volson and this OL. Sure was some high praise from
Pollack as well on Mixon and how he has taken to this Offseason. Mixon had a disappointing season last year IMO. Would love for 
him to turn it around and have a great year along with Volson and the entire OL.

We will win a lot of games and maybe even the SB if so.

Yeah, Cordell sure can get nasty. I love this about him, he loves to decleat Defenders. Still remember what he did to Bud Dupree lmao

The staff is pretty giddy over the size of the left side with Brown and Volson. They are massive human beings
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 10:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The staff is pretty giddy over the size of the left side with Brown and Volson. They are massive human beings

"The staff is pretty giddy"

Will this nonsense ever stop?  Not one person on this coaching staff talks with you.  It is ok to not be an insider, especially if you aren't.  

Reply/Quote
Would anyone like to know what Volson's PFF grades were for yesterday?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
To what end? The entire offense was out of sync - no one will have good PFF scores.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Would anyone like to know what Volson's PFF grades were for yesterday?

I'm curious
Reply/Quote
Don't be coy.  Tell us.  I'm literally dying to know.  Seems like I've been waiting years already.
Reply/Quote
I've been down on CV, but I didn't think he was too bad yesterday. Of course PFF may disagree but I though he looked better that the Center everyone loves.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:39 PM)lacesout87 Wrote: I'm curious

(09-11-2023, 01:41 PM)Doin the Shuffle Wrote: Don't be coy.  Tell us.  I'm literally dying to know.  Seems like I've been waiting years already.

Volson's were:
Snaps - 56
Sacks - 0
Pressures - 2
Pass Block Grade - 27.4
Run Block Grade - 45.2
Overall Grade - 39.1

He had the worst pass block grade of the OL yesterday.
Karras was 2nd-worst (37.3), Jonah was 3rd-worst (45.2)
Cappa had best pass block grade (66.2) but worst run block.
Orlando Brown was the best overall OL (65.1 overall).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Last year..I was a O'Cyrus Torrence guy to pick/draft... albeit he is starting at RG tonight for the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Would anyone like to know what Volson's PFF grades were for yesterday?

A-S-S-B-E-R-R-I-E-S

So I'll ask again, when did Cordell become hot shit again? Treated mans like a celebrity but he's out there getting his cheeks clapped.
Reply/Quote
Just more attempts to deflect the blame from Burrow where it belongs. Burrow had time. He was inaccurate. He was also indecisive, clearly hesitant to scramble or even use the run part of RPO. He was not on the same page as his receivers.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Volson's were:
Snaps - 56
Sacks - 0
Pressures - 2
Pass Block Grade - 27.4
Run Block Grade - 45.2
Overall Grade - 39.1

Don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative...
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Volson's were:
Snaps - 56
Sacks - 0
Pressures - 2
Pass Block Grade - 27.4
Run Block Grade - 45.2
Overall Grade - 39.1

We gotta give Pollack time. He'll fix this. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We gotta give Pollack time. He'll fix this. 

I think at this point we got to get Paul back here.

His only crime was hitching was wagon to 3 bad O lineman. A bad judge of talent, but he made a lot more out of the talent he did have.
Reply/Quote