Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When We Go To Pittsburgh, Let's Make A Statement!
Our next game is against our biggest nemesis' of all time, and I don't know about the rest of you but losing to the Steelers is the worst kind of loss against another team. We are playing great and unfortunately so are the Steelers these past few games without their QB.

When we see them in 2 weeks, Ben will be back behind the helm and they will want nothing more than t give us our first loss. It would be something else if we went into Pittsburgh and attacked them and beat them the way they seem to beat us most years.

My biggest concern will be the defense. It will be a real test for them to stop the run and passing attack. (Before Ben was hurt they were the number one offense in the league). I also think our offense is far superior to their defense and we will win the battle in that category.

What do you think our biggest strengths and weaknesses are going into Heinz field in 2 weeks?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: Our next game is against our biggest nemesis' of all time, and I don't know about the rest of you but losing to the Steelers is the worst kind of loss against another team. We are playing great and unfortunately so are the Steelers these past few games without their QB.

When we see them in 2 weeks, Ben will be back behind the helm and they will want nothing more than t give us our first loss. It would be something else if we went into Pittsburgh and attacked them and beat them the way they seem to beat us most years.

My biggest concern will be the defense. It will be a real test for them to stop the run and passing attack. (Before Ben was hurt they were the number one offense in the league). I also think our offense is far superior to their defense and we will win the battle in that category.

What do you think our biggest strengths and weaknesses are going into Heinz field in 2 weeks?

Containing Bell and Brown. Those guys will kill the Bengals defense as they have other defenses. Guenther is going to have to get creative or Dunlap, Atkins and MJ are going to have to win their one-on-ones or one-on-two's to help out the secondary. Martavis Bryant also can't be overlooked  because he's Chris Henry Jr., and can (and has) killed you deep.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton will lead us to victory, I have no doubts at this point.

He could have a 4TD day. Pitt's D has played well lately, but they haven't gone against a QB of Dalton's caliber this year yet. OH wait, ya they did, Brady, and we saw how that went.
Reply/Quote
If I were Pittsburgh, I'd be afraid about facing our offense.
But as a Cincinnati fan, I'm a little worried about our defense.

This could potentially be a shootout. I'm not sure how sitting multiple games with an injury - what that does to the play of QB/Receivers chemistry - but their running backs may just have a field day in that game. I wonder if Burfict will be ready by then. Because if that guy's anywhere near ready to play again, we could certainly use him in that game!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals will have to score a lot. This defense is mediocre at best. I don't think they will stop the run at all against Pitt
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Dalton will lead us to victory, I have no doubts at this point.

He could have a 4TD day. Pitt's D has played well lately, but they haven't gone against a QB of Dalton's caliber this year yet. OH wait, ya they did, Brady, and we saw how that went.

More importantly, he and the rest of the team have been good about not turning it over lately. 

Still this could be one of our toughest games of the year and most important.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:41 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: If I were Pittsburgh, I'd be afraid about facing our offense.
But as a Cincinnati fan, I'm a little worried about our defense.  

This could potentially be a shootout.  I'm not sure how sitting multiple games with an injury - what that does to the play of QB/Receivers chemistry - but their running backs may just have a field day in that game.  I wonder if Burfict will be ready by then.  Because if that guy's anywhere near ready to play again, we could certainly use him in that game!

x2

Bell will run for 300 yards. 

We need to score 45+ to win this game. 

We "can" but let's hope we do. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 01:09 PM)Whacked Wrote: x2

Bell will run for 300 yards. 

We need to score 45+ to win this game. 

We "can" but let's hope we do. 

We'll see.  If we stop giving up the big play a couple times a game, our defense would look much better.

I think our corners match up better against their WRs then anybody they have played.

I honestly think the pressure is going to be on Pittsburgh to keep up with our offense.  Their defense is not like it used to be and the Bengals have carved up some of the best defenses in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
The Pittsburgh offense is very good. Strangely, missing time has never really seemed to bother Ben either... he just comes right back like nothing happened. I agree that the offense is going to have to put up some points to exceed Pittsburgh.

On defense, this is a test for Guenther. You can't let Bell and Brown beat you, especially Bell. I feel like maybe Pacman should shadow Brown? Linebackers are really going to have to step up though... you can't let Bell get 7-8 catches and also run for 100 yards. The pass rush should be able to get to Ben, they just have to actually get him on the ground... none of this crap where she sheds a tackler, runs around, and then hits a 50 yard pass out of a completely broken play...
Reply/Quote
Definitely need to confirm their suspicions that the Bengals are the team in the AFC North to beat and it is a one team race.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Sure hope Hall returns! We are going to need him. Dre and Dennard = Scare me
Reply/Quote
The only thing to worry about is they'll try to maim somebody. Dirty Bastards.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:59 PM)NashBengal Wrote: Bengals will have to score a lot. This defense is mediocre at best. I don't think they will stop the run at all against Pitt

If we don't stop the run we have zero chance of winning so they better figure out a way.  

This will undoubtedly be the toughest test for the Bengals because they are not going to run up and down the filed on Pitts defense like people think.  Arizona came in strong offensively and put a whopping 12 points on the board.  And it doesn't matter how many yards they give up because they harass you into mistakes.

The defense has to play over their heads against the steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 02:09 PM)Whacked Wrote: Sure hope Hall returns! We are going to need him. Dre and Dennard = Scare me

Dennard is just now getting playing time and he's getting better with each snap.

Dre is hurt.  Biggest problem for him is tackling with his bad shoulder and wrist.

On the bright side Iloka is looking more himself and is a stud back there.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 02:34 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: If we don't stop the run we have zero chance of winning so they better figure out a way.  

This will undoubtedly be the toughest test for the Bengals because they are not going to run up and down the filed on Pitts defense like people think.  Arizona came in strong offensively and put a whopping 12 points on the board.  And it doesn't matter how many yards they give up because they harass you into mistakes.

The defense has to play over their heads against the steelers.
I think you can say the same about bengals defense, they force teams into mistakes.   i still give bengals edge on defense , even on offense, home field makes this a toss up
Reply/Quote
Our run defense is bad. Really hope Burfict can come back
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 04:43 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Our run defense is bad.  Really hope Burfict can come back

I don't see him back for Pittsburgh.. but Pittsburgh pass defense is worse than our run defense
Reply/Quote
We probably should stop using zone in that game, and put Jones one on one with AB and Dre on Bryant. Have Hall shadow Heath Miller and Reggie roam free. Either Iloka does only spot duty or they go with 5 DBs and 2 LBs in this game. And just be sure to play your gaps properly up front and seal edges to limit Bell.

We'll probably still give up 21 or so points but our offense should score 30 on that defense.
Reply/Quote
Don't expect to go undefeated. This is one that I figured would be a loss.

However it isn't a given that we lose this game.

We do have the luxury of having 2 weeks to prepare for the Steelers. I know that our record doesn't reflect us doing well after the bye but this year is a different year.

The Steelers OLine is the biggest weakness on Offense. We have always matched up well against their OLine, and with the injury of Pouncey and Beachum, it just helps us that much more.

Ben might be back from the injury, but how will his knee hold up? Will he be as elusive as he previously was? If the answer to those questions is that he rushed back too soon then that will also play into the Bengals favor.

The Steelers D isn't what it used to be. They are faster, but we just have too many weapons to cover everyone. Dalton is more elusive than Palmer and has never been afraid to throw the ball away and wait for his chances.

So here is to 6-0 and now the chance to be 7-0.
Reply/Quote
Rapelisburgers number one go to guy is Antonio Brown, so the Bengals will have to take him away. In turn they will go to their TE and try to get Bell out on the edge as the middle of the Bengals D is pretty stout. Therefore - the Bengals LB's will be pressed and will need a hell of a game. Think the O will hold their own with Hill and Bernard having a big game as the squeelers try to take aw3ay green and the middle of the field (Eifert and Co.).
Reply/Quote