Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When did it become acceptable to say "Bungles"
(03-18-2020, 05:31 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Ah...What's in a name? I never got too shook up about it. I don't think I've ever referred to the team as "Bungles" ever. When they screw up bad like for example the Frerotte left handed pass, I would say, "Well he really bungled that up." But I'm not really bothered by the name, winning cures all. BTW this Tee Shirt was for sale at my local Meijer last time I checked, if it hasn't been commandeered for toilet paper yet. 

This is my exact thoughts.

Used as a verb, and not as the name of the team.

When you watch things we've seen done by this team on and off the field it's accurate.

Face palm = bungled
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think it would be funny if they set up a forum filter that automatically changed "Bungles" in to something like, "I sniff my ball sweat".

I can see it now, "Same old I sniff my ball sweat. They always let me down and never change. I don't know how much longer I can be a fan of I sniff my ball sweat." Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I’ve uttered it a few times, usually in the same sentence with the words “Mike Brown”. I understand the hatred and frustration with hearing that word, but let’s not act like it’s undeserved. It’s been fitting a lot of times over the last 30 years
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 06:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Speech nazi.

(03-18-2020, 06:18 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Eh, if people don’t do and say the things I want them to, they aren’t real people.

[Image: xbizcvd.gif?w=500]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Also, who decides what’s “acceptable”? Hint: It’s not you.

Actually, it is us.  It's any Bengal fan that doesn't appreciate so called supporters using demeaning names for the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 06:20 PM)Okeana Wrote: lets meet up chump and i will bungal you straight into the gutter

Not cool bro
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: About 1789 when the Bill of Rights was signed.

Not in a private forum... Just stating facts
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, it is us.  It's any Bengal fan that doesn't appreciate so called supporters using demeaning names for the team.

Actually, it is us. It’s any Bengal fan that does appreciate so called supporters forcing their beliefs on other fans names for the team.
Reply/Quote
I may not like "true fans" referring to the team as the Bungles, but I'll fight to the death for their right to do so. I'm sorry was that a little over the top and overly dramatic? Good, that was the point.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 07:03 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I may not like "true fans" referring to the team as the Bungles, but I'll fight to the death for their right to do so. I'm sorry was that a little over the top and overly dramatic? Good, that was the point.

Kind of the point I’ve been trying to make through snark. Nobody gets to decide who is a real fan. People are fans in their own ways and everybody should just try accepting that instead of trying to force their way on others. We aren’t the Borg.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 07:07 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Kind of the point I’ve been trying to make through snark. Nobody gets to decide who is a real fan. People are fans in their own ways and everybody should just try accepting that instead of trying to force their way on others. We aren’t the Borg.

Awesome stuff, I move that you should change your screen name to Bunglejimbo!  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Personally, I go to great lengths to not speak Steelerese.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 06:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think it would be funny if they set up a forum filter that automatically changed "Bungles" in to something like, "I sniff my ball sweat".  

I can see it now, "Same old I sniff my ball sweat.  They always let me down and never change.  I don't know how much longer I can be a fan of I sniff my ball sweat."  Big Grin

You win.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 07:03 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I may not like "true fans" referring to the team as the Bungles, but I'll fight to the death for their right to do so.  I'm sorry was that a little over the top and overly dramatic? Good, that was the point.

Pretty dramatic.   I don't care if fans of other teams use the word.  I expect that.  But I used to give negative rep to any Bengals fans who did.  Sadly we can't do that anymore.  
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 07:31 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Pretty dramatic.   I don't care if fans of other teams use the word.  I expect that.  But I used to give negative rep to any Bengals fans who did.  Sadly we can't do that anymore.  

This is  private forum. We have rules for acceptable speech. To me, Bungles is offensive and as bad as calling someone names. Someone else may think name calling like calling someone an inbred is funny or OK. I don't like either and think both should be treated equally. Life will go on either way, but I don't like personal attacks against any group, players, coaches, owners or members.

So, the rule makers have a choice, remove all these types of attacks or allow free speech that offends members. I am just a member with an opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 07:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Actually, it is us. It’s any Bengal fan that does appreciate so called supporters forcing their beliefs on other fans names for the team.

Lots of fans here can express their displeasure with Mike Brown in an intelligent way with facts.  They don't have to resort to name calling. But if you are going to name call, think of something that shows us you actually have a brain instead of bleating out that tired old word again.  Can't you think of anything else?  
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 07:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is  private forum. We have rules for acceptable speech. To me, Bungles is offensive and as bad as calling someone names. Someone else may think name calling like calling someone an inbred is funny or OK. I don't like either and think both should be treated equally. Life will go on either way, but I don't like personal attacks against any group, players, coaches, owners or members.

So, the rule makers have a choice, remove all these types of attacks or allow free speech that offends members. I am just a member with an opinion.

You're preaching to the choir.  I agree with you.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 06:20 PM)Okeana Wrote: lets meet up chump and i will bungal you straight into the gutter

Anytime. Private message me. We can come back and let the rest of the board know the result.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 06:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think it would be funny if they set up a forum filter that automatically changed "Bungles" in to something like, "I sniff my ball sweat".  

I can see it now, "Same old I sniff my ball sweat.  They always let me down and never change.  I don't know how much longer I can be a fan of I sniff my ball sweat."  Big Grin

Lol
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Which do you hate worse, Bungles or Bangles?

There are some interesting definitions on Urban Dictionary.  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bungles

I like to see the young Hoff sing a song. She was a babe of all babes. Don't like the bungle term.
Reply/Quote