Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When did it become acceptable to say "Bungles"
(03-18-2020, 07:45 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Lots of fans here can express their displeasure with Mike Brown in an intelligent way with facts.  They don't have to resort to name calling. But if you are going to name call, think of something that shows us you actually have a brain instead of bleating out that tired old word again.  Can't you think of anything else?  

Sure I can, but I don’t want to and I’ll say whatever I want within the CoC. It’s offensive to me when one set of fans accuses another set of fans of not being true fans. I used to give negative rep to anybody that called someone else not a true fan, but sadly we can’t do that anymore.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 09:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Sure I can, but I don’t want to and I’ll say whatever I want within the CoC. It’s offensive to me when one set of fans accuses another set of fans of not being true fans. I used to give negative rep to anybody that called someone else not a true fan, but sadly we can’t do that anymore.

You can still silently put hoodoo curses on other posters though. I do it all the time. Paper cuts, scuffed shins, sunburns, a day of repeatedly hiccoughing for 45 minutes at a time... The possibilities are endless.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 06:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the forum should BAN the word and suspend any fan our ours who uses it.

No questions or debate needed, I agree it is a term our enemies use, not our true fans.

Hahaahhahahahhahahhahaha

The Bungles thank you for your blind stupidity
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 09:41 PM)jason Wrote: You can still silently put hoodoo curses on other posters though. I do it all the time. Paper cuts, scuffed shins, sunburns, a day of repeatedly hiccoughing for 45 minutes at a time... The possibilities are endless.

That was you?  Dammit!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 09:41 PM)jason Wrote: You can still silently put hoodoo curses on other posters though. I do it all the time. Paper cuts, scuffed shins, sunburns, a day of repeatedly hiccoughing for 45 minutes at a time... The possibilities are endless.

Damn warlocks. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 09:57 PM)2020Bengal Wrote: Hahaahhahahahhahahhahaha

The Bungles thank you for your blind stupidity

Your girlfriend/wife/boyfriend must love it when you call them a pig and then say I love you. You are a charmer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

(03-18-2020, 10:10 PM)McC Wrote: That was you?  Dammit!

(03-18-2020, 10:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn warlocks. Whatever

As a man of science, I blame witches.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: As a man of science, I blame witches.

Yeah, me too. But now I am a woman hater. Sad
Reply/Quote
Most other pro sport team forums are far more venomous to the players and team than this one so the word Bungles seems tame and tongue in cheek to me.

It keeps us from resorting to the more run of the mill insults. Also I'm from Pittsburgh and every three pages or so in this forum asserts that I'm an idiot or inbred or something. Who takes this stuff seriously?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Most other pro sport team forums are far more venomous to the players and team than this one so the word Bungles seems tame and tongue in cheek to me.

It keeps us from resorting to the more run of the mill insults. Also I'm from Pittsburgh and every three pages or so in this forum asserts that I'm an idiot or inbred or something.  Who takes this stuff seriously?

It is possible to live among the inbreds and not be one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Most other pro sport team forums are far more venomous to the players and team than this one so the word Bungles seems tame and tongue in cheek to me.

It keeps us from resorting to the more run of the mill insults. Also I'm from Pittsburgh and every three pages or so in this forum asserts that I'm an idiot or inbred or something.  Who takes this stuff seriously?

Yeah, you got it bad, that is why I don't try and insult you much lol

Dirty Pitt bastids. Besides you of course... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Wasn't it Chris Berman on ESPN that came up with that word? Never did like him after that.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, you got it bad, that is why I don't try and insult you much lol

Dirty Pitt bastids. Besides you of course... Hilarious

Meh, if I wanted to insult entire groups of people and blindly defend my own I'd go to the P&R forum. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, if I wanted to insult entire groups of people and blindly defend my own I'd go to the P&R forum. 

True, which is why I never go there. BTW, I meant no offense brother as I am sure you know...
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, which is why I never go there. BTW, I meant no offense brother as I am sure you know...

No worries. I slagged on Pittsburgh myself.  The truth hits everybody.  
Reply/Quote
Posters have every right to call the Bengals whatever they wish but I don't have to read their crap that's what ignore is for.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:10 PM)McC Wrote: That was you?  Dammit!

I don't think you ever got one. In fact I was kinda wondering what the **** happened to you.

It takes awhile, but eventually you realize you havent seen anything from someone in awhile.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Your girlfriend/wife/boyfriend must love it when you call them a pig and then say I love you. You are a charmer.

It’s disturbing that you think your loved ones and the 30 year Bungles are of equal footing.

It’s very disturbing
Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with being critical of the Bengals, but we all recognize that some people seem to enjoy it.  Like the ones who start squealing before there is even anything to squeal about, and the ones who ingnore anything positive and spiun everything in a negative manner.

These type of people generally suffer from low self esteem.  They have to tear everything down in order to make themselves feel superior.  We all know this type.  They are constantly bragging about how their standards are higher than others, and they generally exhibit the same type of behavior with other things in addition to their football team.  Every restaurant except their favorite sucks.  All music/bands except their favorites suck.  And their insults of bengal players/coahes/front office go beyond football acumen to include personal appearances, character, and even hobbies.

These type of fans can usually be found in groups around here having little contests to see who can be the most clever and creative with their biitching and moaning.

But I am not going to stoop to naming names.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:02 AM)jason Wrote: I don't think you ever got one. In fact I was kinda wondering what the **** happened to you.

It takes awhile, but eventually you realize you havent seen anything from someone in awhile.

Take my advice...don't combine a heart attack with an overprotective family.  These damn people took turns babysitting me, for crying out loud.  Took me forever to convince them that talking football was not life threatening.  Sometimes, the worst thing people can do to you is have your best interest at heart. 

It's all good now, though.

Reply/Quote