Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
When was America great ?
(07-13-2023, 08:28 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: It should have been a long trip for Noah to get to Australia just to board off the kangaroos and koalas and then come back to the rest of the world to unload all the other animals.

I'm not sure what the point of this story was in the bible. This is one of those pieces of writing I completely missed the point/meaning. I have read that it's a metaphor for Christ being the Ark, which later came to save mankind. The bible itself is not in its entirety.  There were several books omitted from the bible. One book I don't understand why is not in the bible is the book of Enoch. He supposedly walked with God and was the only person ever to be taken by God without facing death. So, if he wrote a book, I would say he qualifies as someone with something to contribute.

Again, just like Jonah and the whale, many of these stories cannot be taken at face value. They are metaphors written to get out the message of God without persecution. I certify that the above facts are true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I understand that I subject myself to asshattery in the event that the above facts are found to be false. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 09:29 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm not sure what the point of this story was in the bible. This is one of those pieces of writing I completely missed the point/meaning. I have read that it's a metaphor for Christ being the Ark, which later came to save mankind. The bible itself is not in its entirety.  There were several books omitted from the bible. One book I don't understand why is not in the bible is the book of Enoch. He supposedly walked with God and was the only person ever to be taken by God without facing death. So, if he wrote a book, I would say he qualifies as someone with something to contribute.

Again, just like Jonah and the whale, many of these stories cannot be taken at face value. They are metaphors written to get out the message of God without persecution. I certify that the above facts are true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I understand that I subject myself to asshattery in the event that the above facts are found to be false. 

I guess my problem with that is a lot of people believe the bible is 100% true and correct.

And they base their life decisions, and votes, on that.

I think if was Flynn in the Trump admin that believed we were approaching the end times and so was trying to shape policy for Israel to help that along.

What do you do with those people?  They have a right to their beliefs.  They don't have a right to force them on everyone else.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 09:29 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm not sure what the point of this story was in the bible. This is one of those pieces of writing I completely missed the point/meaning. I have read that it's a metaphor for Christ being the Ark, which later came to save mankind. The bible itself is not in its entirety.  There were several books omitted from the bible. One book I don't understand why is not in the bible is the book of Enoch. He supposedly walked with God and was the only person ever to be taken by God without facing death. So, if he wrote a book, I would say he qualifies as someone with something to contribute.

My point is that all the bible is metaphoric ( at best ). No Adam, no Eve, no flat Earth, no flood etc.

There in no real proof of historical Jesus either ( and I've nothing against the message again, I just don't like his fan club ).

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 09:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: I guess my problem with that is a lot of people believe the bible is 100% true and correct.

And they base their life decisions, and votes, on that.

I think if was Flynn in the Trump admin that believed we were approaching the end times and so was trying to shape policy for Israel to help that along.

What do you do with those people?  They have a right to their beliefs.  They don't have a right to force them on everyone else.  

You are correct. As for doing something, you do the same thing you do with everyone else who is not like you. You accept it and move on. Nobody has a right to force their opinions on you, but as for those who do, don't hate the whole group. At least that's what I try to do. All-in-all, just try to prevent myself from stereotyping. 

(07-13-2023, 09:53 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: My point is that all the bible is metaphoric ( at best ). No Adam, no Eve, no flat Earth, no flood etc.

There in no real proof of historical Jesus either ( and I've nothing against the message again, I just don't like his fan club ).

Well, not all, but most. I think throwing stones at the prostitute was probably literal and personal stories of that kind (not all) hold weight. But yes, a majority is metaphor IMO.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 10:08 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: You are correct. As for doing something, you do the same thing you do with everyone else who is not like you. You accept it and move on. Nobody has a right to force their opinions on you, but as for those who do, don't hate the whole group. At least that's what I try to do. All-in-all, just try to prevent myself from stereotyping. 

Well, not all, but most. I think throwing stones at the prostitute was probably literal and personal stories of that kind (not all) hold weight. But yes, a majority is metaphor IMO.

All I'm saying is every country that has moved to a theocracy the people there have suffered greatly.

Thinking that somehow god will make America great again is foolish.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote