Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Where Are You Watching The Game?!
Anyone have any plans yet?!

Anyone in Greater Cincinnati have any plans yet?

I went to a Zazou (bar in Covington) for the Titans game because we brought my power wheelchair to House of Orange in Covington but our friend was bartending upstairs and they don't have an elevator.

I haven't talked to him yet to see what he wants to do but I assume we'll go somewhere in Covington again. Downtown Cincinnati would be unreal but I don't think I want to deal with those crowds.

All my best friends are married with kids so they're not going to be doing anything.

Could go to the Tavern behind my place but I don't know if I want to see all the same people.

Does anybody have any plans yet?
Reply/Quote
Probably going to go to the family home near Dayton and take it in through the cracks between my fingers.
Reply/Quote
This weekend I'll probably be watching at home, alone. But I'm ready to fly to Cincy to watch the SB there if they win this weekend! I thought about trying to get some people together here or going to a sports bar but I kind of just want to enjoy the game and not have people in my face the whole time. I'm sure the city will be buzzing, though!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In my Fortress of Solitude. Shit, I forgot to take out the garbage again...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Gonna be hanging out with my dad again, cook up some good food and smoke some good marijuana :)
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Well, I could go to the Tavern behind your place, Brad.  That would be all new people for me.

Probably be watching here at home, likely in my recliner, and engaging in the GD thread.  It's like watching with a room full of buddies, except they don't spill shit on your couch, or put their feet on your coffee table, and you don't have to call their wives to come pick up their drunk ass after the game is over ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure honestly. I might have to hide away somewhere so I can watch it since my newborns hated when I watched the Titans game around them lol
Reply/Quote
I have to watch the Bengals games at home. I tried watching them at a neighborhood bar... and with the noise and waitress and blah blah blah.

I need to focus and watch. I always have ESPN Gamecast pulled up on my phone. So I can get the stats any time I want them... And I have the rosters pulled up in case I am not familiar with a jersey #.

When the Bengals play I am 100% invested into the game. No distractions.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 08:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, I could go to the Tavern behind your place, Brad.  That would be all new people for me.

Probably be watching here at home, likely in my recliner, and engaging in the GD thread.  It's like watching with a room full of buddies, except they don't spill shit on your couch, or put their feet on your coffee table, and you don't have to call their wives to come pick up their drunk ass after the game is over ThumbsUp

They don't do that but too many in there say game over after one bad play.  
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 08:01 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Probably going to go to the family home near Dayton and take it in through the cracks between my fingers.
Make sure you pay your respects to my old man at University of Dayton where he's the all-time leader in field goal percentage in men's basketball. 

ThumbsUp
(01-26-2022, 08:01 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: This weekend I'll probably be watching at home, alone.  But I'm ready to fly to Cincy to watch the SB there if they win this weekend!  I thought about trying to get some people together here or going to a sports bar but I kind of just want to enjoy the game and not have people in my face the whole time.  I'm sure the city will be buzzing, though!
Hell yeah! 

Especially if you're not in Cinci, people would just be talking and trying to get your attention because they don't care about the game. 

(Unless you can find a local Bengals bar ThumbsUp)
(01-26-2022, 08:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, I could go to the Tavern behind your place, Brad.  That would be all new people for me.

I'll be too engaged in the game and just going nuts to even know what a message board is  Hilarious

I need to make some texts tomorrow so see what the initial ideas are for the game.
Reply/Quote
Right in my exact spot, as protocol, wastebasket nearby. My lovely couch, and beautiful TV. Oh lord, I'm get tingly already man!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:23 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Right in my exact spot, as protocol, wastebasket nearby.  My lovely couch, and beautiful TV.  Oh lord, I'm get tingly already man!

I just want to be around lots of Bengals fans with everyone going crazy! I'll have to wear my N-95 mask just to be safe if it's as packed as I think every place in the area will be, but that's a small price to pay!
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'll be too engaged in the game and just going nuts to even know what a message board is  Hilarious

It does require a near laser beam focus, watching, typing, looking at stats and listening to the radio.  It's so much work it's fun  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:23 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Right in my exact spot, as protocol, wastebasket nearby.  My lovely couch, and beautiful TV.  Oh lord, I'm get tingly already man!

haha i love it!!!

any brews or smoke for the game? good food?  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Watching with my sons, either in my basement or we have a place here north of Atlanta that just happens to be both a Bengals bar and a Chiefs bar, so I thought that might be fun.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:45 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Watching with my sons, either in my basement or we have a place here north of Atlanta that just happens to be both a Bengals bar and a Chiefs bar, so I thought that might be fun.

ROCK ON!!!

I'm watching the game with my dad! a bengals & chiefs bar in Atlanta?? what on earth....lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:39 PM)magikod Wrote: haha i love it!!!

any brews or smoke for the game? good food?  Who Dey

I lay off alcohol, used to be a problem, but I'll drink on some flavor of Redd's to keep the bladder full.  I think you probably know the answer to the smoke.  Top shelf.  And we're going Buffalo Wings, Fries, cheese and cracker tray for pre and during game.  Have 2 separate meals planned for after the game nan.

If we can get to Hollywood, I'll be having Prime Filet Mignon, bacon wrapped, and baked potato and some other stuff she's got in her head.  But if we're not going to SB XVI, we're going to have frozen Banquet fried chicken, and Bob Evans mashed potatoes, from the store.

But oh yeah my bro, got the smoke covered.  I have a gametime routine with that part of me also.  It's working.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:46 PM)magikod Wrote: ROCK ON!!!

I'm watching the game with my dad! a bengals & chiefs bar in Atlanta?? what on earth....lol  Hilarious

It's right next door to the Yankees/Red Sox bar in the Bloods/Crips neighborhood.  
Reply/Quote
Watching at home in my recliner. I will be one of the ones bitching in the GD thread as soon as something goes wrong. Sorry but it’s how I vent.

Then hopefully over the following 2 weeks I will be going crazy trying to come up with a way to be there in person to see my team in the Super Bowl knowing that it’s local to me but also knowing there’s no way I can or will pay that much for tickets.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:37 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It does require a near laser beam focus, watching, typing, looking at stats and listening to the radio.  It's so much work it's fun  Smirk

Just never have gotten the Gameday Thread experience.  Not knocking it, as many of you obviously enjoy it.  I just don't understand how you can do all the things you've listed, and just focus on the game?  Would you be texting and messaging if you were AT the game, too?  I am genuinely curious, and not directing this to you man, just a question.
Reply/Quote