Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ML on Bengals
(06-05-2019, 11:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know that any players trashed him. Fans are reading things into it.

When ZT is gone fans will turn on him too.

I didn't say trashed, but if you don't think some of the players quotes have painted Marvin's last few years here in a bad light you're being purposefully tone deaf.

As for the second line, I don't think that's a sure thing at all. If ZT brings Cincinnati even one playoff win - just one! - he won't have to pay for another meal or drink in Cincy for the rest of his life no matter what else happens. Marv put himself in the position he's in with the fanbase, and that's especially damning considering he was the king of this town for his first 5 years here.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 06:43 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I didn't say trashed, but if you don't think some of the players quotes have painted Marvin's last few years here in a bad light you're being purposefully tone deaf.

As for the second line, I don't think that's a sure thing at all. If ZT brings Cincinnati even one playoff win - just one! - he won't have to pay for another meal or drink in Cincy for the rest of his life no matter what else happens. Marv put himself in the position he's in with the fanbase, and that's especially damning considering he was the king of this town for his first 5 years here.

I don't know the quotes paint him in a good or bad light. I'm sure that each offseason players make quotes about the season preparation. Like last year, I'm sure you could find positive quotes on how Austin and Lazor had the team doing new things in practice.

The accountability thing? People seem to miss that some of the things were implemented last year.

The 1 playoff thing just shows how low the bar is. Winning playoff games is routine in all but about 5 NFL cities...and even the worst of the worst at playoff wins have won a playoff game since we last have.

We're long overdue to win one and hopefully it happens soon. But, a single playoff win is not some monumental achievement. Most teams have routinely won 5+ since we last won 1. In fact, the league is setup for parity.
Reply/Quote