Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will Dalton go? Place your bets...
I see no way BB does not get a vet he trusts to win games. I see 2 have proven playoff type QB's, Dalton and Cam and I think Cam is damaged goods.

My pick is Pats
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Seems like the Pats or Chargers are about his only chance at starting somewhere (unless an injury happens).

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 08:43 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah the Pats have a ton of principle invested in their OL and still have moves to make.  Thuney for Dalton makes too much sense.  Cincy posturing for a throw late pick and both sides willing to see how it plays out.

It says something that even with their OL they still bid on keeping Ted Karras for 2 years.  Both sides know this is the easiest thing.  NE can parlay some of their picks into affordable vets (Gabe Jackson? Other needs?) and have the right bridge QB in place with an extension if he earns it.

Cincy gets their local star OL to give stability to the line, and work on a long term deal to keep rushers from Burrow.  Forget the Wynn pipe, Thuney for Dalton makes too much sense.

I agree with Pats, but rare for player to player trades so I say draft pick (s) is compensation like a 3rd and 6th round pick
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I've thought all along that he'd go to the Pats, but our problem is with an unimaginable amount of QB options available this off-season, it's really limited the potential suitors. Which means (a) a trade is less likely and (b) the compensation is likely to be small if anything, due to little to no competition to drive up the price.

We picked a great year to need a QB, but a terrible year for trading one away.

Tom Brady
Cam Newton
Philip Rivers
Marcus Mariota
Jameis Winston
Teddy Bridgewater
Nick Foles
Andy Dalton

If I'm New England, Dalton is my #1 guy out of what's left.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see no way BB does not get a vet he trusts to win games. I see 2 have proven playoff type QB's, Dalton and Cam and I think Cam is damaged goods.

My pick is Pats

BB has watched Daltons playoff tape and he might not think Dalton can handle a 3+ game playoff run the Pats have come to expect.

I could also see Dalton going to NE and winning a playoff game in a season or two.  If the Pats take him, I'll assume they're right to do so.  They've earned that benefit of the doubt. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: BB has watched Daltons playoff tape and he might not think Dalton can handle a 3+ game playoff run the Pats have come to expect.

I could also see Dalton going to NE and winning a playoff game in a season or two.  If the Pats take him, I'll assume they're right to do so.  They've earned that benefit of the doubt. 

Dalton is not really the kind of QB that can elevate a team around him. NE just doesn’t have the weapons right now. I could see him struggling up there.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton is not really the kind of QB that can elevate a team around him. NE just doesn’t have the weapons right now. I could see him struggling up there.

True, but I wouldn't be surprised if he looked a bit better than he did in the ZT system.  NE seems to be uncharacteristically left in the lurch here.  Maybe they draft some star and get right back to it.

The first QBs off the board have been getting outperformed by the later guys as of late.  Wouldn't floor me if NE got their Mahommes or Watson or Jackson.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but I wouldn't be surprised if he looked a bit better than he did in the ZT system.  NE seems to be uncharacteristically left in the lurch here.  Maybe they draft some star and get right back to it.

The first QBs off the board have been getting outperformed by the later guys as of late.  Wouldn't floor me if NE got their Mahommes or Watson or Jackson.

It would me. There is a pretty big drop off after Burrow and Tua. Hell, NE probably won’t even have a shot at some of the second tier guys like Herbert and Love where they’re picking (23).

Reply/Quote
There's rumor out there that Isiah Wynne is in the mix of this trade. If so, the announcement might be pending his physical.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:24 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: There's rumor out there that Isiah Wynne is in the mix of this trade. If so, the announcement might be pending his physical.

We are not cutting a starting caliber NFL QB on a team friendly contract. So they better get creative if they want him. Dalton's value is going up to Mike Brown the shorter the offseason gets. This team loves stability. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:24 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: There's rumor out there that Isiah Wynne is in the mix of this trade. If so, the announcement might be pending his physical.

I think that was more of a fake news rumor, but it does seem to make sense as one of the only ways NE could get Dalton. They dont have much cap, so they would need to unload more salary, and possibly get Dalton to restructure. As unlikely as it is, it seems like a player for player trade with some salary negotiating may be the only way to work a trade with them. NE lost some guys so they need draft picks to rebuild. BB has eluded that NE and the Bengals have dealt with each other very well in past trade deals, and he has also said he likes Dalton. So maybe this will prove to be where there is smoke there is fire kind of thing, but it is probably more likely to be a fan fantasy kind of thing lol.

It may be us giving up a late round pick to trade Dalton for Wynn. What is Wynn's value to us vs Dalton's value to them? Would we give up Dalton and a 5th or 6th for Wynn or would we want Wynn and a late pick for Dalton? Still think its fan speculation but its fun to think about.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 08:27 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Isn't Jay Gruden the OC in Jax now? I know they're strapped for money; but, are they only going to start the year with Mustache???

If they could make the money work, I'm sure Gruden would rather have Dalton at the helm.

Didn't know that about Gruden...good possibility.  
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 08:49 PM)GodFather Wrote: Are some teams going to gamble to see if Cincy cuts Dalton to free up cap space? Would the front office do that or hold on to him in hopes of a trade and pay him an absorbent amount for a backup?

I think were going to be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him. I cant see us doing any better and quite frankly a 4th rounder is better than nothing. At this point who would take him with alot of the other teams signing other QB's? If the Pats sign someone else theres going to be alot of pondering on what to do with Dalton in the coming weeks.

I think if Dalton is cut, he is going to want a long-term deal or a lot more than 17 million.  It is more affordable to trade for him. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton is not really the kind of QB that can elevate a team around him. NE just doesn’t have the weapons right now. I could see him struggling up there.

Weapons be damned.  They will protect him.  They have always had outstanding line play....losing Scarneccia (sp?) will surely hurt, but their line was really good.  If he is given time, he will be a surgeon.  
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:42 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We are not cutting a starting caliber NFL QB on a team friendly contract. So they better get creative if they want him. Dalton's value is going up to Mike Brown the shorter the offseason gets. This team loves stability. 

Although the Bengals didn't directly say it, there has been a lot of speculation that Dalton's dollars are what is going to allow them to tag Green.  He won't be here in 2020-21 season. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 09:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Weapons be damned.  They will protect him.  They have always had outstanding line play....losing Scarneccia (sp?) will surely hurt, but their line was really good.  If he is given time, he will be a surgeon.  

Yeah, yeah, I’ve heard your surgeon line about a million times, and I don’t agree with it. Dalton is no better than any other average QB when he’s given time. In fact the past few years he’s been downright bad even when the protection is there. Happy feet, shell shocked, feeling pressure that isn’t there, however you want to put it, it has NOT been all on our OL. Dalton deserves part of the blame as well. Which is probably why teams are going with other guys. They probably don’t want to gamble on getting “Bad Andy.”

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 08:27 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Isn't Jay Gruden the OC in Jax now? I know they're strapped for money; but, are they only going to start the year with Mustache???

If they could make the money work, I'm sure Gruden would rather have Dalton at the helm.

MinshewMania has taken full hold of that fanbase. I went to 2 Jags games last year. Old women were going to the games with taped-on handlebars. He's going to be given every chance to fail. And frankly, he looks pretty good so far. I cannot imagine the Jags taking on Andy.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:24 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: MinshewMania has taken full hold of that fanbase. I went to 2 Jags games last year. Old women were going to the games with taped-on handlebars. He's going to be given every chance to fail. And frankly, he looks pretty good so far. I cannot imagine the Jags taking on Andy.

Having a QB on a rookie deal who can play is every team's wet dream.  I gotta say, though, when he played the Bengals, he was not impressive.  Struck me as a lot of mania and not much substance.  Not gonna say he sucked but I wouldn't build my future around him.

But if you're in a place where the Jags are(are they trying to win or rebuilding or both, can't really figure it out, not sure if they even know), bringing in another QB seems like a waste.  Seventeen mil is not a big number for a QB but it is a big number to pay a guy while you figure out just what the hell you're doing and you're a virtual lock for last in the division.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:34 AM)McC Wrote: Having a QB on a rookie deal who can play is every team's wet dream.  I gotta say, though, when he played the Bengals, he was not impressive.  Struck me as a lot of mania and not much substance.  Not gonna say he sucked but I wouldn't build my future around him.

But if you're in a place where the Jags are(are they trying to win or rebuilding or both, can't really figure it out, not sure if they even know), bringing in another QB seems like a waste.  Seventeen mil is not a big number for a QB but it is a big number to pay a guy while you figure out just what the hell you're doing and you're a virtual lock for last in the division.

He didn't play well against Cincy. But there were other games in which he looked fantastic. He can extend a play, has a passable arm and is pretty accurate. Plus, he's one of those intangibles guys. "It" is what the pros call it. I don't know if he's the long-term answer, but the Jags owe that fanbase a little something, and Minshew in 2020 may be it. That franchise is shitting on its fans worse than Mikey has been known to do.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:40 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He didn't play well against Cincy. But there were other games in which he looked fantastic. He can extend a play, has a passable arm and is pretty accurate. Plus, he's one of those intangibles guys. "It" is what the pros call it. I don't know if he's the long-term answer, but the Jags owe that fanbase a little something, and Minshew in 2020 may be it. That franchise is shitting on its fans worse than Mikey has been known to do.

Weird that a couple years ago, they were a couple plays away from the SB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote