Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will Dalton go? Place your bets...
(03-19-2020, 11:16 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This is all the more reason why he should have been dealt at the deadline last season.

Nobody was calling for him. You cant force another team to take a player they don't want.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 02:36 PM)Mobster Wrote: Nobody was calling for him. You cant force another team to take a player they don't want.

No one called because he was starting for us and no team had any idea he would be available.

I have no clue if we could have traded him before the deadline or not, but the Bengals screwed up by not at least putting him on the market to see what they could possibly get.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Absolutely. One can’t just treat Andy Dalton like garbage; I don’t understand the hate. I’m excited about Joe Burrow too but accommodating Andy and helping him find a good landing spot is a classy thing to do. The first time he comes back to Paul Brown Stadium in another team’s uniform I’ll be on my feet just like I was for Carson Palmer. Of course, after the first snap, I hoped Carson lost and I’ll wish the same against Andy.

It’s a business. What is best for the Cincinnati Bengals comes before what is best for Andy Dalton. Nothing to do with “hate.” If we can trade him somewhere he doesn’t want to go, tough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Number 1 most likely: Pats
Number 2 most likely: Jags
Number 3 most likely: Cut/Draft Day Trade/Random team, maybe Denver?

I didn't think whatever was going to happen would take this long though...
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Patriots for a 5th round pick
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:54 PM)WhoDey Wrote: Patriots for a 5th round pick

I think that's the best the  Bengals can hope for right now.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Unless the Patriots offer up a third, he's going to be a Bengal next season. He'll be on the roster until a competitive team has an injury at QB. Then he will be traded. Hope this isn't the case,but the market is tilting that way.

Pats may try to get Brissett?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:21 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Unless the Patriots offer up a third, he's going to be a Bengal next season. He'll be on the roster until a competitive team has an injury at QB. Then he will be traded. Hope this isn't the case,but the market is tilting that way.

Pats may try to get Brissett?

Brissett costs more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:26 PM)McC Wrote: Brissett costs more.

Right on. He probably fits their scheme a little better, so they may consider it. Ts, ole dollar Bill may pull a fast one on all of us by drafting Eason/ Hurts, then going Stidham/ Kessler til his young apprentice is ready, next season? Or, perhaps Stidham impresses?

Either way Dalton's value is currently in flux. Just saying.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:35 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Right on. He probably fits their scheme a little better, so they may consider it. Ts, ole dollar Bill may pull a fast one on all of us by drafting Eason/ Hurts, then going Stidham/ Kessler til his young apprentice is ready, next season? Or, perhaps Stidham impresses?

Either way Dalton's value is currently in flux. Just saying.

There's probably also a good chance that if Dalton gets traded that his deal gets restructured.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote