Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will YOU go, when SHTF?
This is truly an amazing luxury, mass preservation bunker in Germany.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobson/2015/06/12/billionaire-bunkers-exclusive-look-inside-the-worlds-largest-planned-doomsday-escape/

My only question is;  How will they cope if the power plant runs out of fuel??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
The woods.
I live near Ft Knox. I know of some facilities there where I can hole up for quite some time.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I'll just join in the chaos outside.
Boat and head to the Caribbean.
(06-20-2015, 10:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll just join in the chaos outside.

lol

This gets my vote.  +rep
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
If the SHTF, I'll be where I'm always at until the power goes out and then I'll get pissed, especially if it's hot outside.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(06-20-2015, 07:41 PM)treee Wrote: The woods.

Me too. I'd try to be as far away from the dense population as possible.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(06-20-2015, 07:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This is truly an amazing luxury, mass preservation bunker in Germany.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobson/2015/06/12/billionaire-bunkers-exclusive-look-inside-the-worlds-largest-planned-doomsday-escape/

My only question is;  How will they cope if the power plant runs out of fuel??

Depends on what the S hitting the fan is!

But I have a plan for zombies...and also for the grid going down.

If they aren't at the same time.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-20-2015, 11:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Depends on what the S hitting the fan is!

But I have a plan for zombies...and also for the grid going down.

If they aren't at the same time.   Smirk

Ok I gotta hear this zombie plan.   Please share
(06-20-2015, 11:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ok I gotta hear this zombie plan.   Please share

Secure building.  Access to multiple roads and woods but secluded enough to be passed by.  All doors open out.  One set of glass doors and three windows easily closed off.  Large storage area.  Smaller living area that is easy to keep warm in winter and cool in summer.  Gas appliances and access to propane tanks.

Also due to the business located near by the ability to quickly build a surrounding wall.

Land for farming...ample wildlife for hunting.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-20-2015, 11:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Secure building.  Access to multiple roads and woods but secluded enough to be passed by.  All doors open out.  One set of glass doors and three windows easily closed off.  Large storage area.  Smaller living area that is easy to keep warm in winter and cool in summer.  Gas appliances and access to propane tanks.

Also due to the business located near by the ability to quickly build a surrounding wall.

Very nice...

One advantage we have down here is that every house has hurricane shutters. And they secure a house pretty quick with enough visibility to move in and out as needed. That would cover you for the intial .... Then we have a sea escape as well. But that's dicey .... Ofc there are loads of islands out there east to find.
TWD sort of stole one of my two places, a prison. Great defensible position, usually very self sustaining.

The other is a dam. Easily defensible, generates its own electricity.
(06-21-2015, 12:08 AM)Benton Wrote: TWD sort of stole one of my two places, a prison. Great defensible position, usually very self sustaining.

The other is a dam. Easily defensible, generates its own electricity.

Prison sounds like too much work. We need to form an alliance. I bet dams are hard to run and maintain with only a few people.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-21-2015, 12:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Prison sounds like too much work. We need to form an alliance. I bet dams are hard to run and maintain with only a few peopleCool

Long term, yes. Short term, not really. One or two people with some basic mechanical knowledge can keep things running smooth.

Prisons depend entirely on scenario. Either the guards and everyone have left and you've got an empty building, or the guards left the inmates and everyone is behind bars. Which makes them easier to deal with.
(06-20-2015, 11:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Secure building.  Access to multiple roads and woods but secluded enough to be passed by.  All doors open out.  One set of glass doors and three windows easily closed off.  Large storage area.  Smaller living area that is easy to keep warm in winter and cool in summer.  Gas appliances and access to propane tanks.

You forgot the most important part...a water supply like a lake that is rain and/or spring fed.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(06-21-2015, 12:32 AM)Benton Wrote: Long term, yes. Short term, not really. One or two people with some basic mechanical knowledge can keep things running smooth.

Prisons depend entirely on scenario. Either the guards and everyone have left and you've got an empty building, or the guards left the inmates and everyone is behind bars. Which makes them easier to deal with.

Fine. If you're gonna reject my proposal i'm gonna have to go all 'Governor' on you. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
There is a lot of variable with a prison. Yes secure but that's a lot of ground to cover to secure. A zombie situation could spread quick.
(06-21-2015, 12:42 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fine. If you're gonna reject my proposal i'm gonna have to go all 'Governor' on you. Ninja

Waitasec... you didn't say you had a tank and a lesbian with daddy issues.

Sad
(06-21-2015, 12:51 AM)Benton Wrote: Waitasec... you didn't say you had a tank and a lesbian with daddy issues.

Sad

You want me to broadcast my assets and draw all kinds of undesirables??  Smirk