Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which FA do you want if money did not matter?
For me, it's Chris Jones.
Gimme that force in the middle.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Madabuike for me. Best pass rushing DT last year. Younger and more upside and it would be awesome to steal him off a Division rival. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 03:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Madabuike for me. Best pass rushing DT last year. Younger and more upside and it would be awesome to steal him off a Division rival. Mellow

I can see the upside in Madubuike over Chris Jones but Jones has the certainty.
75.5 sacks in 8 years for CJ. That's ~9.5 sacks average a season.
And CJ is not showing signs of decline yet, putting up 26.0 sacks the past two seasons (another 2.5 in the playoffs as well).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I’ll take any of:

Chris Jones
Justin Madubuike
Josh Allen
L’Jarius Sneed
Christian Wilkins
Brian Burns
Danielle Hunter

Adding one of these impact players really opens up the draft and can help change the defense.
Reply/Quote
Not mentioned so far, Robert Hunt
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 03:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For me, it's Chris Jones.
Gimme that force in the middle.

I would go with Chris Jones too because it also changes things for the Chiefs

- BUT -

It would be interesting to have TEE stay & Boyd go but then be able to get Wide Receiver Mike Evans to replace Boyd.

Burrow would have the options of Chase, Evans & TEE then which one of them gets single covered or has a linebacker 

trying to cover them.
Reply/Quote
Quentin Nelson
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 04:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can see the upside in Madubuike over Chris Jones but Jones has the certainty.
And CJ is not showing signs of decline yet, putting up 26.0 sacks the past two seasons (another 2.5 in the playoffs as well).

All true, plus Chris Jones played much better in the Playoffs this year and the SB than he has in the past which honestly was my only criticism
of the guy. Great player that would help us a ton even if he is pushing 30 years old.

(02-16-2024, 04:35 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’ll take any of:

Chris Jones
Justin Madubuike
Josh Allen
L’Jarius Sneed
Christian Wilkins
Brian Burns
Danielle Hunter

Adding one of these impact players really opens up the draft and can help change the defense.

Imagine stealing Chris Jones and L'Jarius Sneed from the Chiefs. That would make my day!  Hilarious

(02-16-2024, 04:58 PM)depthchart Wrote: I would go with Chris Jones too because it also changes things for the Chiefs

- BUT -

It would be interesting to have TEE stay & Boyd go but then be able to get Wide Receiver Mike Evans to replace Boyd.

Burrow would have the options of Chase, Evans & TEE then which one of them gets single covered or has a linebacker 

trying to cover them.

Mike Evans would be a most definite upgrade over Boyd. Would absolutely love that WR core.

Good luck slowing those guys down.

Evans size and speed to go along with Tee's size and range with Chase and his balance, speed and strength?

(02-16-2024, 05:06 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Quentin Nelson

Good one, he would cost a ton but he would be worth it and the question was if money didn't matter....
Reply/Quote
CB Jaylon Johnson

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 05:06 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Quentin Nelson

He's not a FA
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I get he's not lived up to his potential yet, but I'd go with Chase Young

Reply/Quote
DE Josh Allen

Pair his 17.5 sacks with Hendrickson's 17.5 sacks.

- - - - -

Honorable mention to S Antoine Winfield, would move Dax focus on being a slot/safety hybrid type player. Cover TEs and spy athletic QBs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Antonie Winfield Jr- consistent, young, and plays a major position of need.

Chris Jones would be 30, Christian Wilkins is 29, and Madubuike only has one year of great year of football on his resume. Plus it's a deep draft class this year at 3T. With that being said I would sign any of those guys but your asking me to nitpick here!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 06:25 PM)J24 Wrote: Antonie Winfield Jr- consistent, young, and plays a major position of need.

Chris Jones would be 30, Christian Wilkins is 29, and Madubuike only has one year of great year of football on his resume. Plus it's a deep draft class this year at 3T. With that being said I would sign any of those guys but your asking me to nitpick here!

Winflield and Battle would be nasty and allow us to move Dax to the nickel.
Reply/Quote
Give me consistent pressure up the middle. A young secondary’s best friend.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 05:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, plus Chris Jones played much better in the Playoffs this year and the SB than he has in the past which honestly was my only criticism
of the guy.

He was fantastic against us in the AFC Championship last year.

2 sacks
10 pressures
5 QB hits

Reply/Quote
There's more than money keeping us from signing Chris Jones:
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-pick-up-chris-jones-contract-option-retain-right-to-franchise-tag-dt

Quote:The Chiefs picked up the option on Jones' contract, meaning they'll retain the right to franchise tag him this offseason, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Friday, per sources.

Reply/Quote
Assuming "if money did not matter" means we can sign them for vet minimum, then I propose:
  • sign the best FA QB which is... umm... err... Kirk Cousins? (ok, this plan is already looking dodgy, but bear with me as it gets worse)
  • trade Joe Bu...  trade Joe Bur... nope I can't even type it. But you get the idea. Should bring an absolute haul of picks (3-4x #1s? Maybe more?)
  • use the freed-up cap space to sign all the other FAs that have been mentioned in this thread!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 03:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Madabuike for me. Best pass rushing DT last year. Younger and more upside and it would be awesome to steal him off a Division rival. Mellow

Well Jones being off the board makes it easy for me. I'd say Madabuike as well.

First choice being Tee.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 04:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can see the upside in Madubuike over Chris Jones but Jones has the certainty.

Is there anything to the idea that Chris Jones plays in a weaker division? Denver and LA Chargers both have problems with their Oline.

Reply/Quote