Poll: Which qb will have the better career?
Joe Burrow
Lamar Jackson
Patrick Mahomes
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Qb will have the better career?
We were in draft position to draft one the following Qbs: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, and Joe Burrow.

Which Qb do you think will have the best career?

I think Joe Burrow is the best fit for the Bengals, but Its hard to say how good he will be at this point. He’ll definitely be a pro bowler. But could he be better than Mahomes? I dont see him being as dynamic as Lamar Jackson. Who will have the most team success? Who will have the best regular season success/stats? Which qb do you think we should have drafted (looking back)?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Burrow can win us multiple chips but Mahomes has done it already. He also has a ridiculously talented supporting cast who happen to be are very young and Andy Reid as his coach.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Patrick Mahomes. He's basically signed a lifetime deal that is cap friendly to the team so they can continue to build around him. It has also been reported he wanted assurances from Big Red that he'd stay HC for a while. Plus he got to sit and learn for a year before being thrown to the wolves.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Mahomes... He's already won a Super Bowl, Jackson won't last long, and we have no idea what Joe Burrow is yet.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Mahomes.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I can't see the future, but betting against a guy who has played 2 years and won the league MVP, the SB, and the SB MVP seems like a sucker bet.
Reply/Quote
If Burrow can become the second best QB in the league I will be very, very happy. Nobody is passing Mahomes.

The league needs a new Peyton vs Brady though, and we’ve suffered long enough as Bengals fans. The universe should allow it to be Burrow and Mahomes.

Reply/Quote
Mahomes
Burrow
Jackson

in that order
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Is this a serious question?
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 10:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Burrow can become the second best QB in the league I will be very, very happy. Nobody is passing Mahomes.

The league needs a new Peyton vs Brady though, and we’ve suffered long enough as Bengals fans. The universe should allow it to be Burrow and Mahomes.

Sounds good to me.

I'd prefer if burrow turned out to be the Brady, though. Not because he won more, just because mahommes would look hilarious with a giant forehead.
Reply/Quote
Too high of expectations for Burrow IMO. Guy is getting his first NFL practice snaps THIS WEEK.

Mahommes is to the NFL what Burrow was to the NCAA already. It’s Mahommes league no question. As things look right now, Mahommes will have the best career of the three.
Reply/Quote
I think a better poll would have been which QB drafted 1st overall from the past 5 years will end up with the best career:
A) Jared Goff (2 Pro Bowls, 1 SB appearance)
B) Baker Mayfield (Record for most TD passes as a rookie)
C) Kyler Murray (4200+ total yards, 24 total TDs as a rookie)
D) Joe Burrow
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think a better poll would have been which QB drafted 1st overall from the past 5 years will end up with the best career:
A) Jared Goff (2 Pro Bowls, 1 SB appearance)
B) Baker Mayfield (Record for most TD passes as a rookie)
C) Kyler Murray (4200+ total yards, 24 total TDs as a rookie)
D) Joe Burrow

I feel like we've seen the best of Goff, but he was also put into a better position by being drafted 1st overall by a team that traded up rather than a team that was the worst in the league the year prior.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I feel like we've seen the best of Goff, but he was also put into a better position by being drafted 1st overall by a team that traded up rather than a team that was the worst in the league the year prior.

The best of Goff was also really, really good. 4688 pass yards, 32 TDs, 12 INTs.
It's going to be more difficult to put as many top-notch pieces around him now that he's off his rookie contract, but he's shown he can be really good with good pieces.

The Rams need to find a way to address those pieces in the draft now that they don't have the luxury to get a bunch of expensive upper-tier FAs due to Goff's $30 mill cap.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 04:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The best of Goff was also really, really good. 4688 pass yards, 32 TDs, 12 INTs.
It's going to be more difficult to put as many top-notch pieces around him now that he's off his rookie contract, but he's shown he can be really good with good pieces.

The Rams need to find a way to address those pieces in the draft now that they don't have the luxury to get a bunch of expensive upper-tier FAs due to Goff's $30 mill cap.

True. I was just pointing out that Goff and Wentz went #1 and #2 overall but both went to teams that traded up to get them where most times the #1 and/or #2 QBs go to teams that are picking them due to being in dire situations.  I personally thought the Browns should have taken Wentz when they had the chance, but I could also see him flopping big time with Hue and Kitchens at the helm.
Reply/Quote
This is what I call a close poll! Ninja
Reply/Quote
If Mahommes never arrived, you might have an interesting choice between the athlete of Jackson and the cerebral Burrow, but Mahommes could retire next year and his career would still be amazing.
Reply/Quote
When I read the thread title, I was sure the question was about this year's rookie QB's. That would have been a much better question.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 06:27 PM)McC Wrote: When I read the thread title, I was sure the question was about this year's rookie QB's. That would have been a much better question.

I thought it would be cool to look back in a couple years at this poll. Mahomes has two years of experience on Burrow. Lamar Jackson is amazing right now (he's healthy). Will it last? He's really young and tremendously gifted. Mahomes is in a great spot to compete for another super bowl next year. I would totally take Mahomes of the three right now. Super Bowl MVP and regular season MVP in back to back years vs. an unknown.

I think it's crazy that we were this lucky to have the choice between these 3 dynamic quarterbacks. We were never in position to draft Goff, so I don't think that's a good QB to compare Burrow to. Obviously he'll be compared to Tua. 

Burrow is billed as a future top 10, possibly top 5 QB in this league. Lamar and Mahomes are definitely in the top 5. The fact that we had the chance to draft all three makes me want to compare the 3 in terms of their career success. 

It looks like we missed the boat by drafting Ross over Mahomes, but we don't know how good Burrow is yet. The optimistic side of me wants Burrow to be so good that it makes up for us passing on Mahomes--but the odds are not good. 

I like that Joe's just thrown in with no preseason. Can't wait to see what he's made of.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 01:54 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I thought it would be cool to look back in a couple years at this poll. Mahomes has two years of experience on Burrow. Lamar Jackson is amazing right now (he's healthy). Will it last? He's really young and tremendously gifted. Mahomes is in a great spot to compete for another super bowl next year. I would totally take Mahomes of the three right now. Super Bowl MVP and regular season MVP in back to back years vs. an unknown.

I think it's crazy that we were this lucky to have the choice between these 3 dynamic quarterbacks. We were never in position to draft Goff, so I don't think that's a good QB to compare Burrow to. Obviously he'll be compared to Tua. 

Burrow is billed as a future top 10, possibly top 5 QB in this league. Lamar and Mahomes are definitely in the top 5. The fact that we had the chance to draft all three makes me want to compare the 3 in terms of their career success. 

It looks like we missed the boat by drafting Ross over Mahomes, but we don't know how good Burrow is yet. The optimistic side of me wants Burrow to be so good that it makes up for us passing on Mahomes--but the odds are not good. 

I like that Joe's just thrown in with no preseason. Can't wait to see what he's made of.

We also had the chance to take Watson. Who’s an absolute stud, and sometimes gets left out of these best young QB discussions.

But it’s water under the bridge. I’m extremely happy we landed Burrow. It was a great year to finally bottom out.

Reply/Quote