Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which rookie is gonna be this years Logan Wilson?
Meaning which guy becomes a surprise star out of the new rooks? Can’t use Myles Murphy because as a 1st round pick it’s expected he becomes a star.

Ima go with Charlie Jones. I always have to stop myself from overrating rookies but i think he’s gonna force us to use more 4WR sets and i think by midseason he’s gonna have graphics run for him and he’s gonna be a household name
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I think it will be either Charlie Jones or Chase Brown. I think they are going to both get a lot of touches.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 05:37 PM)Housh Wrote: Meaning which guy becomes a surprise star out of the new rooks? Can’t use Myles Murphy because as a 1st round pick it’s expected he becomes a star.

Ima go with Charlie Jones. I always have to stop myself from overrating rookies but i think he’s gonna force us to use more 4WR sets and i think by midseason he’s gonna have graphics run for him and he’s gonna be a household name

Logan Wilson wasn’t anything special as a rookie...

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
I’m in agreement about CJ. But I posted this on the draft thread earlier this afternoon.
The Ten Reasons this Draft was an A (not ranked)
1. Myles Murphy biggest steal in the first round according to Arif Hasan’s consensus big board
2. Murphy: 9.71 relative athletic score (RAS) out of ten with a 4.51-second 40-yard dash and a 7.22 in the 3-cone drill at 6.5 270
3. D J Turner 4.26 40
4. Jordan Battle started 44 games at Alabama
5. Brad Robbins excellent hang time and great at directional punting and zero touchbacks in 43 punts.
6. Chase Brown as a 5th rounder his RAS score of 9.81 just behind B J Robinson and 3rd of all drafted backs.
7. D J Turner per Matt Bowen former NFL CB and ESPN Analyst “ best technique of all corners”
8 Andrei Iosivas 6.3 39” vertical length 4.43 40 at combine but his record 6.71 60 meter at NCAA Indoor Championships (heptathlon) translates to 4.28.
9. Chase Brown “elite speed to perimeter and good appetite for pass protection”
10. Jordan Battle drafted 95th but rated 3rd best safety
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
12 games
2 starts
33 combined tackles
23 solo tackles
2 INT
1 sack

That was Logan Wilson's rookie campaign for those wanting a measuring stick for what to expect from these rookies.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Brad Robbins.... We finally have a good punter again after a few years and we're really going to feel it in field position
Reply/Quote
I think it will be Battle. I could see him becoming a starter this year and just being a solid contributer.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 06:50 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think it will be Battle. I could see him becoming a starter this year and just being a solid contributer.

If….. Battle becomes a starter and CTB and D J Turner emerge we can be settled in the secondary with low money for awhile. Awouzie last year on his contract. Battle is more ready to start at safety than Dax. Not as talented mind you.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Going to have to go with Chase Brown.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: Fv7NCZpXgAADico?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 05:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Logan Wilson wasn’t anything special as a rookie...

That wasn't the point of his post.  He didn't say have a breakout rookie season. 
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 08:09 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: That wasn't the point of his post.  He didn't say have a breakout rookie season. 

So he’s asking who’s gonna not start every game but be decent?

Weird question. He definitely thought Wilson made a big impact as a rookie

Should’ve asked which rookie will be this year’s CTB?

Reply/Quote
Speaking of Logan Wilson…

Reply/Quote
Yoshi

I think that kid is going to be an absolute monster.

Charlie Jones is a no brainer. People know who he is. If you saw his diving sideine catch from the rookie minicamp, you can tell Jones is no joke.

But Yoshi is going to be the one who surprises everyone. Again, if these guys are lucky w health.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 09:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Yoshi

Charlie Jones is a no brainer. People know who he is. If you saw his diving sideine catch from the rookie minicamp, you can tell Jones is no joke.

But Yoshi is going to be the one who surprises everyone. Again, if these guys are lucky w health.

Really? The 6th rounder and presumably 6th string receiver will have a monster rookie year?

Hell yea, bro. This is gonna be Auden Tate all over again lmao

Reply/Quote

Somewhere between surprise superstar and Logan's 33 tackles would be Jones and Brown.

130 guys went ahead of Jones, and we see a plug and play slot starter if Boyd wasn't here.  The goal of the offense should be efficient blocking and running to give Burrow an extra second in the pocket.  

....then again, at some point the ability that Jones has to find the soft spot and sit is very valuable.  He may force their hand to play him, if so that's more PT for Brown as a better blocker and hopefully more yards after first contact (I believe Mixon was pretty bad).  
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 10:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Really? The 6th rounder and presumably 6th string receiver will have a monster rookie year?

Hell yea, bro. This is gonna be Auden Tate all over again lmao

Well, who is your surprise rookie contributor?
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 08:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: So he’s asking who’s gonna not start every game but be decent?

Weird question. He definitely thought Wilson made a big impact as a rookie

Should’ve asked which rookie will be this year’s CTB?

Idk how you got that from my post lol

Wilson is a star now. Pretty sure no one EXPECTED him to turn into such a good linebacker

I was not talking about his rookie year
-Housh
Reply/Quote

He’s my 2nd pick.

He has the physical tools and he has the work ethic. If something clicks for him at WR he’s going to be a monster.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 11:02 PM)phil413 Wrote: Somewhere between surprise superstar and Logan's 33 tackles would be Jones and Brown.

130 guys went ahead of Jones, and we see a plug and play slot starter if Boyd wasn't here.  The goal of the offense should be efficient blocking and running to give Burrow an extra second in the pocket.  

....then again, at some point the ability that Jones has to find the soft spot and sit is very valuable.  He may force their hand to play him, if so that's more PT for Brown as a better blocker and hopefully more yards after first contact (I believe Mixon was pretty bad).  

I think Battle and Jones will force the coaches to play them. Make Dax dime corner and bring in Battle and i can see him playing a lot. It’s not gonna be hard getting Jones on the field. He’s basically taking Morgan’s spot. 4 WR with Irv at TE is going to be a dangerous set as long as we can protect. I honestly don’t know how you guard that. You put the safeties overtop Tee and Chase and with the usual attention Boyd gets, Charlie is going to LOVE it here. I could see around 500 yards and yes i know he’s going to be the 4th string WR. I seriously think he’s that good.
-Housh
Reply/Quote