Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which rookie is gonna be this years Logan Wilson?
I'd say it's between Battle and Jones from my perspective, and I think it will depend upon opportunity via injury or just being good enough to have their talent command reps. The nice part is that due to the Bengals roster already being so good, there's no pressure for either of them to have to hit the field running as a rookie.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 07:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd say it's between Battle and Jones from my perspective, and I think it will depend upon opportunity via injury or just being good enough to have their talent command reps. The nice part is that due to the Bengals roster already being so good, there's no pressure for either of them to have to hit the field running as a rookie.

But i also don’t want a Dax Hill, Tycen Anderson situation where we just don’t know what we have at all. If i was Lou my main goal would be to get DJ Turner snaps.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 05:49 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m in agreement about CJ. But I posted this on the draft thread earlier this afternoon.
The Ten Reasons this Draft was an A (not ranked)
1. Myles Murphy biggest steal in the first round according to Arif Hasan’s consensus big board
2. Murphy: 9.71 relative athletic score (RAS) out of ten with a 4.51-second 40-yard dash and a 7.22 in the 3-cone drill at 6.5 270
3. D J Turner 4.26 40
4. Jordan Battle started 44 games at Alabama
5. Brad Robbins excellent hang time and great at directional punting and zero touchbacks in 43 punts.
6. Chase Brown as a 5th rounder his RAS score of 9.81 just behind B J Robinson and 3rd of all drafted backs.
7. D J Turner per Matt Bowen former NFL CB and ESPN Analyst “ best technique of all corners”
8 Andrei Iosivas 6.3 39” vertical length 4.43 40 at combine but his record 6.71 60 meter at NCAA Indoor Championships (heptathlon) translates to 4.28.
9. Chase Brown “elite speed to perimeter and good appetite for pass protection”
10. Jordan Battle drafted 95th but rated 3rd best safety

Excellent Prospects! We're going to look back at this draft and it will show atleast 6 starters! Fuk'n WOW! Great Job Drafting!!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 06:23 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: There is an probable path for numerous rooks to contribute.

Murphy is gonna be in the rotation at DE from jump.

Turner is likely the 4th CB, but that assumes Chido is full go to start. Even if he is, Turner will play in Dime. If not, he's likely starting. Plus I think they will try to get him some snaps in the slot, just to see how that goes.

Battle came to camp heavy, but I think he could compete for a starting S job. We never really got the 3 S sets last year, maybe this year we will.

Jones likely is the PR guy from jump and WR4. Our top 3 play a ton but I think he, like Murphy, is good enough that they can come off for a snap now & then & we are still OK. I do foresee some 4 WR sets.

Brown will compete with Williams for RB2.

Robbins is the favorite to win the P job.

Iosivas may have the best athletic profile of any of these guys, but other than being deep speed, he is not gonna play much at first. Though I bet he is a fast learner.

I get very excited about this!

We have four guys that can get open very suddenly, a quarterback who can see it quickly and guys who win contested catches and ignite after the catch.

I'm so psyched for the season to begin.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 11:45 AM)Housh Wrote: With Collins possibly back mid season, i could see us carrying 1 less lineman than we did last year. So that means we’re carrying either 4 RB, 4 TEs or 7 WRs. I don’t see us keeping both Trayveon and Evans so i think we take 3 RB and just carry an extra WR. We really like Losivas and we like Trent’s dual ability as a WR and returner. If we can’t ID a good backup returner i think we carry 7 WR. Chase, Tee, Boyd. Irwin, Jones, Losivas and Taylor. What’s even crazier is if those are the 7, i think 6 get a decent amount of snaps. Losivas best shot at quick playtime imo is to absorb Stanley Morgan’s role as our designated blocking WR. He’s got the body and athleticism.

And the little I've read indicates he is a quick study and will pick up things fast.  Morgan is a ST demon and a great blocker.  It will be really hard to unseat him.  But he's already learned things from Tee.  He is smart enough to get it, and humble enough to look for it and practice it.

I always do this.   My son is already laughing at me.  But this draft class has the potential to be amazing.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 04:38 PM)3wt Wrote: I get very excited about this!

We have four guys that can get open very suddenly, a quarterback who can see it quickly and guys who win contested catches and ignite after the catch.

I'm so psyched for the season to begin.

With the addition of Chuck Sizzle we definitely have the best WR core in the NFL. The suddenness of his cuts in running his routes and
the way he has the knack for finding the soft spots in a Defense is very rare. Has great hands on top of this, 4 WR sets with Chuck as the
4th WR will be insanely hard for Defenses to defend against with Burrow distributing the pill. Plus, damn good Punt Returner.

Chase Brown might be my favorite pick in this last Draft, but Charlie Jones is definitely right there and I love the first 3 Defensive picks.

(06-02-2023, 04:47 PM)3wt Wrote: And the little I've read indicates he is a quick study and will pick up things fast.  Morgan is a ST demon and a great blocker.  It will be really hard to unseat him.  But he's already learned things from Tee.  He is smart enough to get it, and humble enough to look for it and practice it.

I always do this.   My son is already laughing at me.  But this draft class has the potential to be amazing.

Yep Iosivas will have to work his ass off with his blocking in order to unseat Morgan. It's possible. Crazy talent, would love it if he 
did get that last spot instead of putting him on the PS where he could get plucked. Would hate this.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 12:10 AM)Housh Wrote: He’s my 2nd pick.

He has the physical tools and he has the work ethic. If something clicks for him at WR he’s going to be a monster.

Also, anyone who coaches him says he improves by the minute right in front of your eyes.

I think he contributes almost immediately as a deep threat and gets better week by week.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 05:45 PM)McC Wrote: Also, anyone who coaches him says he improves by the minute right in front of your eyes.

I think he contributes almost immediately as a deep threat and gets better week by week.

Have been hearing a ton of praise for Iosivas from everyone. Could happen, not impossible. Crazy talent.

Is probably the best athlete on the entire team which is wild to say with a dude like Ja'Marr Chase on it.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 05:45 PM)McC Wrote: Also, anyone who coaches him says he improves by the minute right in front of your eyes.

Just don’t see why he’d be in over Charlie. I can only see him getting a few snaps
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 06:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have been hearing a ton of praise for Iosivas from everyone. Could happen, not impossible. Crazy talent.

Is probably the best athlete on the entire team which is wild to say with a dude like Ja'Marr Chase on it.

He'll have a specialized but valuable role this year.    But in years to come, people will be amazed that he was a sixth round pick.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Battles
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 06:45 PM)Housh Wrote: Just don’t see why he’d be in over Charlie. I can only see him getting a few snaps

Speed and size. Highins & Iosivas wide and Chase in the slot might be our most dangerous WR set in terms of big plays. 
Reply/Quote

I just remember the amazing talent that Germaine Gresham had coming in.  And all of that was evident through his career.

But he came in and in his first training camp the word was out that he was a slow study.  

That quality and his inability to coral his emotions hurt what should have been an all pro career based on sheer size, speed, strength and athleticism.

Iosivas seems to be displaying the opposite qualities.   If he can learn to grow in the blocking and ST game as well as in the receiving game, he has an extremely high ceiling.  And it sounds like his floor is much higher than anticipated.

Like I said, I'm an emotional thinker, but I'm loving this draft.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 09:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Yoshi

I think that kid is going to be an absolute monster.

Charlie Jones is a no brainer. People know who he is. If you saw his diving sideine catch from the rookie minicamp, you can tell Jones is no joke.

But Yoshi is going to be the one who surprises everyone. Again, if these guys are lucky w health.

I just thought I would park this prediction right here.

I save my receipts, boys.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 08:23 PM)McC Wrote: He'll have a specialized but valuable role this year.    But in years to come, people will be amazed that he was a sixth round pick.

Agreed and think so even more after his preseason. He is clearly a mismatch with his size, speed and ability to block Corners out.

(08-30-2023, 02:59 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I just thought I would park this prediction right here.

I save my receipts, boys.

Good prediction. I do think Chase Brown could still be really good as a rookie, same with Charlie Jones.

We just picked up Demetric Felton who might take snaps from Brown though, that is how good Felton could be for us. Jones will used
mostly as a Punt Returner I am sure.

DJ Turner also had a nice preseason and just keeps impressing me. But I think Iosivas will be used in the RZ and score a lot of TD's
as a rookie even. He is the perfect dude to use in 4 or even 5 WR sets in the Red Zone where Burrow can just pick apart any lapse in
any coverage.
Reply/Quote
Nice to revisit this thread given Yosi's stock rising and Myles Murphy being assberries.
Reply/Quote