Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Whit on Sirius NFL Radio
Driving into work this afternoon to feed my fish, I caught an interview with Whit. Some observations:

He said he wants to keep playing but wants to play with a Super Bowl caliber team.

He said he'd love to stay in Cincy; however, you got the impression that he would rather go elsewhere if we go into rebuild mode

He loves Z, but something in the interview made me feel like he thinks he is already gone (txt'd him and told him he deserves what he gets, wherever it is at.

Ced's problem is not technique or footwork, the problem is he lacks the core strength to play against grown men.

Likes Fisher

Radio personalities (Marvez, Wilcots) said Bengals drafted to replace Whit, but they would be stupid to let him walk.

Synopsis: If we want to keep Whit, we shouldn't worry about the future.

It was in progress when I caught it. So if anyone else heard it feel free to chime in
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I heard some of it too. Also read from Paul Dehner that Whit is the Bengals top priority, so I honestly don't see him going anywhere.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
It will be an absolute disaster if Whit walks. It may not be a long-term solution due to his age, but they have absolutely nobody remotely capable on the roster to take his spot. This is the price they pay for the nightmare early round picks of the 2015 draft. They have to pay an aging vet a ton of money because the alternative is certain decline at a position of weakness.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Driving into work this afternoon to feed my fish, I caught an interview with Whit. Some observations:

He said he wants to keep playing but wants to play with a Super Bowl caliber team.

He said he'd love to stay in Cincy; however, you got the impression that he would rather go elsewhere if we go into rebuild mode

He loves Z, but something in the interview made me feel like he thinks he is already gone (txt'd him and told him he deserves what he gets, wherever it is at.

Ced's problem is not technique or footwork, the problem is he lacks the core strength to play against grown men.

Likes Fisher

Radio personalities (Marvez, Wilcots) said Bengals drafted to replace Whit, but they would be stupid to let him walk.

It was in progress when I caught it. So if anyone else heard it feel free to chime in

When I look at a guy like Whitworth, I think he looks like an offensive lineman.
[Image: awt.JPG]

However, when I look at Ogbuehi, he seems scrawny in comparison....
[Image: cedric-ogbuehi.jpg]

Ogbuehi is listed at 300 lbs, Whitworth at 335 lbs. Ogbuehi really needs to pack on at least 15 more lbs of muscle before he can hang with the big boys. He was undersized at RT last year, as evidenced by how often he got manhandled by DL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 05:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: When I look at a guy like Whitworth, I think he looks like an offensive lineman.

Ogbuehi is listed at 300 lbs, Whitworth at 335 lbs. Ogbuehi really needs to pack on at least 15 more lbs of muscle before he can hang with the big boys. He was undersized at RT last year, as evidenced by how often he got manhandled by DL.

No! NO!  Piano Man said he was versatile!  .....and dammit....just look at how he was right about Blodine! :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I don't see any way the Bengals can let Z walk. None. Z is a smart man and using his leverage I would assume.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Is it just me, or is practically every offensive lineman lacking strength coming out of college still lacking it 3-4 years later?
Reply/Quote
Not sure how we are supposed to think this team is going to be any better next year if we let 1 or 2 of the best pieces of the worst part of our team walk this off season.

If Whit and/or Z leave, we are screwed.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 06:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not sure how we are supposed to think this team is going to be any better next year if we let 1 or 2 of the best pieces of the worst part of our team walk this off season.

If Whit and/or Z leave, we are screwed.

Agreed ! They both walk it's going to be a very, very, long season.

However I can't blame anybody for wanting out of this train wreck.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Driving into work this afternoon to feed my fish, I caught an interview with Whit. Some observations:

Likes Fisher

I caught it. It's available online now. CJ maybe? Can't remember the source. Z is gone and if they don't sling Whit some cash so is he.  He's fed up with this HS ( for the record HS does not stand for High School) organization. He said everything he needed to say and still be classy about it. He knows that Z is gone and he's tired of this cheap ass club letting our better players walk.

Of course he didn't say that but reading between the lines was easy on this one. Big payday to stay and never win a ring or big pay with a chance to win one. You do the math. His loyalty to Merv and the shit show ownership is rapidly coming to a close. I don't blame him. He's a pros pro. Again, he said all of the right things but he knows that he has leverage.
Reply/Quote
I hope Whit does leave a go to a good team so he can finally win a super bowl, he's not winning one here as long as the three stooges are around. (Mike Clown, Marvin Doofus and Piano Man.)
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 05:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: No! NO!  Piano Man said he was versatile!  .....and dammit....just look at how he was right about Blodine! :paul:

If by versatile, PA meant turnstile, he was exactly right!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wonder if it would do anything to change Mike Browns thinking if Whit took less money to play elsewhere.

Panthers Seahawks and Giants could all use a LT and probably have a better shot at winning it all.

Im not crazy about paying the oldest tackle a bunch of money.

We arent ever winning shit with Marv. So..
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 05:43 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Is it just me, or is practically every offensive lineman lacking strength coming out of college still lacking it 3-4 years later?

I think it's because of the difference in the college schemes that are most common. It used to be big OL would crush a dude. That was how he did his job. Make a guy go backward and down on his ass to dominate him.

Now college seems to be more about moving, screening, and blocking guys from getting into the way long enough for their speedy QB to decide if he'll throw to his first read, or run it.

At least that is what it seems to me.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 05:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: When I look at a guy like Whitworth, I think he looks like an offensive lineman.

I feel like Fisher could pack on a few more pounds as well at 6'6' 305.  I feel like Fisher is more built like a left tackle then a right Tackle.  Fisher's strengths coming out of the draft was that he was athletic and mobile being a former converted tight end. Have a tough time seeing Fisher moving people in the run game at Right Tackle.  
Reply/Quote
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/354644/report-andrew-whitworth-will-test-the-market?ls=roto:NFL:topheadlines

And there's this. Hope it's a negotiating ploy.
Reply/Quote
Not trying to be a downer, but I have a bad feeling about the o-line. Ogbuehi looks like a bust in the making, Fisher is ok I guess. Zeitler is probably gone, and I'm starting to think Whit will seek a ring elsewhere. We could be looking at a Ogbuehi-Boling-Bodine-Westerman-Fisher line for 2017.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We could be looking at a Ogbuehi-Boling-Bodine-Westerman-Fisher line for 2017.

Are you kidding me.....

I am terrified by the thought of that. Would andy be able to even last 16 games ? What if one of those scrubs you listed gets hurt? Are our backups even capable?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:58 AM)Gohards Wrote: Are you kidding me.....

I am terrified by the thought of that. Would andy be able to even last 16 games ? What if one of those scrubs you listed gets hurt? Are our backups even capable?

I doubt that's our starting 5 for 2017, but it's looking possible. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If they lose Whitworth AND Zeitler, Andy Dalton should just call in sick for the year.

And he won't have to fake it. He WILL be sick.
Reply/Quote