Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitworth Gone Next Season.
(This post was inspired by Juicy talking about how the rollover strategy would save some money for contracts for guys like Whit.)

So I've seen a lot of members on here post about having Whit next season/having Whit for along period of time/what to do with the OT situation.

I'm sitting here remembering a twitter rant Mr. Whitworth had where he stated that ownership told him that he would not be with the team following this season.
So is there any confusion?

Big Whit will be gone after this season... I don't see Mike Brown or anyone else going back on what they told Whit just because he went on a twitter rant.

This is no attack on Whit's character or physical ability. He is still argueably a top 5 LT in the game, but shouldn't we take what we heard on twitter to be true?

I feel like there is some notion on these boards that he will be back following this season, but I don't see it happening, even if I would like it to.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 07:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: (This post was inspired by Juicy talking about how the rollover strategy would save some money for contracts for guys like Whit.)

So I've seen a lot of members on here post about having Whit next season/having Whit for along period of time/what to do with the OT situation.

I'm sitting here remembering a twitter rant Mr. Whitworth had where he stated that ownership told him that he would not be with the team following this season.

Big Whit will be gone after this season... I don't see Mike Brown or anyone else going back on what they told Whit just because he went on a twitter rant.

This is no attack on Whit's character or physical ability. He is still argueably a top 5 LT in the game, but shouldn't we take what we heard on twitter to be true?

I feel like there is some notion on these boards that he will be back following this season, but I don't see it happening, even if I would like it to.

Just another in a long, long line of foibles by Mike Clown.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I kinda got the impression that was a strong possibility after the recent draft and other contracts that are due.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 07:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: (This post was inspired by Juicy talking about how the rollover strategy would save some money for contracts for guys like Whit.)

What the hell are you talking about? You're just making stuff up.
Reply/Quote
I think the team is preparing for life without Andre Smith, not Andrew Whitworth.

If they keep Peko around for leadership, what would this say about Whit? He's a leader and he's probably the most talented player at his position on the entire team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 08:08 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: What the hell are you talking about? You're just making stuff up.

I'd probably do a little research before coming at someone like a douche bag claiming that they're lying.
Reply/Quote
Eh, I think that Whit is a one team kind of dude.  Add the fact that the Brown family is very loyal to players who've produced...I'm not buying it.  I think that he has at least another year after this of being a good starter and that he'll play in Cincinnati until he can't anymore.  All conjecture but it's my hunch.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 08:23 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'd probably do a little research before coming at someone like a douche bag claiming that they're lying.

The original poster is the one who needs to do some research.

It was already established that Whit's wife was messing with some of his teammates or friends saying that Mike Brown had told him he was gone after this season. It was a joke - totally untrue that Mike Brown ever said that.

People should really pay attention before posting a bunch of BS like this.
Reply/Quote
Whit also said after the twitter rant that he will retire as a Bengal and does not want to play anywhere else.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 08:36 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: The original poster is the one who needs to do some research.

It was already established that Whit's wife was messing with some of his teammates or friends saying that Mike Brown had told him he was gone after this season. It was a joke - totally untrue that Mike Brown ever said that.

Has there ever been a professional athlete that posted a controversial tweet and they actually owned it and didn't claim "it was just a joke", "I got hacked", or "my wife/friend/cousin was on my twitter that day"????
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 08:44 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Has there ever been a professional athlete that posted a controversial tweet and they actually owned it and didn't claim "it was just a joke", "I got hacked", or "my wife/friend/cousin was on my twitter that day"????

So, you actually believe Mike Brown told Whitworth he isn't going to sign him and that he's done as a Bengal after this season?

Come on. Stop the stupidity.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 09:01 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: So, you actually believe Mike Brown told Whitworth he isn't going to sign him and that he's done as a Bengal after this season?

You've done nothing but troll these boards since you signed up.

Reply/Quote
Whit will play here till his contract ends or he physically can't play anymore . Then he will hang around the team, until he is hired on as a coach or coordinator.  I firmly believe that from his actions and what he has said, that he will be a Bengal for life.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 08:36 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: The original poster is the one who needs to do some research.

the wife was messing around with some of his teammates saying mike brown had told him he was gone? A likely story.

No, his wife was pissed because her husband was just given his one year notice.

I don't see how you can't fathom the fact that the organization has decided to go a younger direction on the offensive line and is cutting players earlier before they are a liability.

Every video, article and posting I have read about this situation is about how Whit's wife vented on twitter, and Whit apologized for her. That doesn't sound anything like joking with teammates. If it was a joke why was Whit apologizing?

I think you are the one that is hearing the BS, especially when every sign points to letting him go.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 09:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: the wife was messing around with some of his teammates saying mike brown had told him he was gone? A likely story.

No, his wife was pissed because her husband was just given his one year notice.

I don't see how you can't fathom the fact that the organization has decided to go a younger direction on the offensive line and is cutting players earlier before they are a liability.

Every video, article and posting I have read about this situation is about how Whit's wife vented on twitter, and Whit apologized for her. That doesn't sound anything like joking with teammates. If it was a joke why was Whit apologizing?

I think you are the one that is hearing the BS, especially when every sign points to letting him go.
Because it created a big story? Whitworth is still a great player and the leader of the team. Could this be his last season here sure but I doubt it. As long as he can play at a high level he will be on this team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 09:04 PM)djs7685 Wrote: You've done nothing but troll these boards since you signed up.

Quote:How much of a badass was he? That's the real question here.

Was he on Richard Sherman's level of badassery? Or was he just your average military level badass?

The world will be waiting in suspense.

YOU CALL HIM A TROLL WHEN YOU POSTED THAT IN A THREAD ABOUT A SOLDIER BEING A BAD-ASS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Do you even know what a troll is?

What a complete joke.
Reply/Quote
Aannnnndddd here we go.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 10:08 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Aannnnndddd here we go.

You got caught calling someone else a troll when you were trolling like 8 hours earlier!!

Instead of admitting you got called out, you act like I'm making some ridiculous claim!!
Reply/Quote
When Whit is a bengal next year, I hope this dbag will come back to this board and apologize/admit he was just spreading a bunch of BS about Whit being given his "one year notice."

Thankfully, there are not too many people on this board dumb enough to buy this troll's crap.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 10:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You got caught calling someone else a troll when you were trolling like 8 hours earlier!!

Instead of admitting you got called out, you act like I'm making some ridiculous claim!!

Annnnddd here we go again.

You put waaaaaay too much into "getting called out" on a god damn message board. Maybe if you'd get a life, you wouldn't take this stuff so personally.

(07-29-2015, 10:28 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: When Whit is a bengal next year, I hope this dbag will come back to this board and apologize/admit he was just spreading a bunch of BS about Whit being given his "one year notice."

Thankfully, there are not too many people on this board dumb enough to buy this troll's crap.

I never said Whit won't be on the team next year. I just think there's more to those tweets than you and the other sheep are willing to believe.

Every single time a professional athlete posts a controversial tweet, they delete it and then have an excuse that it wasn't them or it was just a joke afterwards. We see it far too often and how many times do you believe that it's "just a joke"?? Does Whit or his wife have a track record of making this kind of joke?

I just saw no reason to come into a thread acting like a complete asshole when the OP is making a lot more sense than those tweets being Whits wife trying to make a joke. Honestly, what sense does that even make that she would do that??? Doesn't seem like a real funny joke to me.

And you're right, not many people on here are dumb enough to buy your crap
Reply/Quote