Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitworth Gone Next Season.
(08-02-2015, 12:10 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I didn't feel like going through this whole thread just to read arguing between each other about this and that. IMO, I don't see how people don't see the writing on the wall. We drafted 2 tackles with our first 2 picks. Whitworth is getting very old and will be an expensive option if we were to resign him. If we resign anyone, IMO it should be Smith as he is the younger option with way more tread left on the tires. People let their love for a player get in the way of reality. Whits little offseason rant whether it was him or his wife is a very telling sign, along with the Bengals first 2 picks and the fact that Whit has given up his leadership role. The writing is on the wall. Whit is on his way out, unless he decides to take a very large pay cut next season. If the Patriots did this, they would be called genius for letting players go before they decline. With the Bengals we have a bunch of fans who clearly always know more about football than the people making decisions in the FO.

But where has he declined?  He was one of the most effective LTs in the game last year?  I think it was wise to prepare for a potential decline and/or have quality depth in case of injury.  Andre Smith seems less likely to sign another contract, and selecting his potential replacement is a good decision as well.  My whole argument was simply that they waited until the 7th round to address WR depth and that I wasn't overly impressed with Denarious Moore.  After last year's lack of depth was exposed and the fact that Marvin Jones is coming off two injuries (ditto Eifert) that a good vertical threat would make a good selection. 

As far as keeping Andre over Whit, I could see the argument based on age alone, but maturity, preparation, and leadership all tilt the scale in Whit's direction.  I don't think Andre could be the LT that Whit can for the next few years.  I also wouldn't be opposed to moving Whit inside and having the Ogbehi and Fischer as the OTs if they develop well over the course of this season.  Having Zeitler as RT isn't out of the question, either.

As it stands, I will wait and see how Ogbehi and Fischer develop over the course of the season. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 11:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: 1. I do think it is insecure that you read messages from one person to another when it isn't intended for you.  Yes, I think it is insecure and more than a little weird. 

2. Never did I say that I can't fathom that someone agrees with you.  There are lots of pinheads in the world. 

3. Infatuation with Pong?  Do you always go off the deep end with crap like that?  I made one comment about his tenure and you think I am ready to take a bullet for the guy.  If anyone starts throwing hissy fits whenever someone offers a differing opinion it is YOU.  Pong is hilarious at times and I honestly think I remember him from a Bengals board on AOL NEARLY 20 YEARS AGO.  If he is a troll, he's a damn dedicated one.  And FWIW, I don't think he is a troll.  There are lots of guys that have seemingly given up on the Bengals and the years of frustration have got them venting those frustrations on such forums. 

4. Lastly, as far as anyone offering different opinions from mine, I am an eternal optimist.  I believe in Andy Dalton.  I think that sets me up as a minority.  There are bound to be LOTS of opinions different than mine.  And that is part of the fun.  I don't get this poster vs. poster crap you seem to enjoy.  But I'm always game for a battle of wits....especially when it is going to be an easy victory.  Cool

1. But they're not private like they were on the old boards, so now they're just like making a post on here in a discussion topic, they're public information now. Looking at public information by taking 2 seconds to click 1 button isn't "insecure" or "weird". You're being awfully strange here, old man. Maybe you should try to use a bit better logic if you want to "win" a battle of wits like you seem obsessed in doing (mentioned in point 4 by YOU).

2. Oh, good one. You've made multiple comments in the past about how myself and other posters "must be all the same person", therefore it really does seem like you can't believe people agree with me. Just admit that you're not very bright, we all see it, trust me.

3. Yes, infatuation with Pong. You're pretty much the ONLY person that has ever defended him and can't understand why anyone would call him a troll. With your previous logic, should I assume that you're one of his many alts? I probably will from now on, you're both wrong about literally everything, so maybe you ARE the same guy Rolleyes

4. So you admit to being in the minority (which means you're probably wrong more often than not if no one agrees with you), that's a step up to admit that. It takes about 2 seconds to look and see who is a much more respected and knowledgeable poster on these boards between the two of us. Mostly everybody here knows that I don't play well with others and I could probably use a slight attitude adjustment, but they still know that I consistently use sound logic and present fair arguments and discussion points. Face it, a LOT of people tend to agree with me on things, and you can't say the same for yourself. Hey, maybe I'm wrong and you're some genius in disguise that knows it all, but nah, you're just another dweeb that wants to pick a fight with somebody clearly more intelligent and witty. Have fun thinking you "won" when I no longer respond to you. You're not worth my time anymore, Pong-alt.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 10:10 AM)djs7685 Wrote: 1. But they're not private like they were on the old boards, so now they're just like making a post on here in a discussion topic, they're public information now. Looking at public information by taking 2 seconds to click 1 button isn't "insecure" or "weird". You're being awfully strange here, old man. Maybe you should try to use a bit better logic if you want to "win" a battle of wits like you seem obsessed in doing (mentioned in point 4 by YOU).

2. Oh, good one. You've made multiple comments in the past about how myself and other posters "must be all the same person", therefore it really does seem like you can't believe people agree with me. Just admit that you're not very bright, we all see it, trust me.

3. Yes, infatuation with Pong. You're pretty much the ONLY person that has ever defended him and can't understand why anyone would call him a troll. With your previous logic, should I assume that you're one of his many alts? I probably will from now on, you're both wrong about literally everything, so maybe you ARE the same guy Rolleyes

4. So you admit to being in the minority (which means you're probably wrong more often than not if no one agrees with you), that's a step up to admit that. It takes about 2 seconds to look and see who is a much more respected and knowledgeable poster on these boards between the two of us. Mostly everybody here knows that I don't play well with others and I could probably use a slight attitude adjustment, but they still know that I consistently use sound logic and present fair arguments and discussion points. Face it, a LOT of people tend to agree with me on things, and you can't say the same for yourself. Hey, maybe I'm wrong and you're some genius in disguise that knows it all, but nah, you're just another dweeb that wants to pick a fight with somebody clearly more intelligent and witty. Have fun thinking you "won" when I no longer respond to you. You're not worth my time anymore, Pong-alt.

I have a suggestion for those who want to use the public board to air dirty laundry and prove superiority.

Why subject the rest of the board to your in fighting? Why no PM each other to carry on your argument? I know I also was extremely guilty in the past of wanting to get in the last word, but I now realize it was dumb. There was and is nor reason for ongoing fights that in some cases carry over from the other board or not even t he thread we are in.

Can't we all get along? I understand disagreeing with someone, but once a couple of back and forth comments happen, I suggest taking your converatin privately.

Have a great week as it is finally football season again.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 09:01 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: So, you actually believe Mike Brown told Whitworth he isn't going to sign him and that he's done as a Bengal after this season?

Come on. Stop the stupidity.

By the way, I don't think I've ever been wrong about anything.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 09:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: the wife was messing around with some of his teammates saying mike brown had told him he was gone? A likely story.

No, his wife was pissed because her husband was just given his one year notice.

I don't see how you can't fathom the fact that the organization has decided to go a younger direction on the offensive line and is cutting players earlier before they are a liability.

Every video, article and posting I have read about this situation is about how Whit's wife vented on twitter, and Whit apologized for her. That doesn't sound anything like joking with teammates. If it was a joke why was Whit apologizing?

I think you are the one that is hearing the BS, especially when every sign points to letting him go.

Umm... Ok. Whatever.
Reply/Quote
Looks like they'll be keeping Whit around for next year too.  I think it's a good move and he'll be a Bengal as long as he can play.  He's quite valuable to the team.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13742719/andrew-whitworth-cincinnati-bengals-signs-1-year-contract-extension
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 10:43 AM)Joe Pong Wrote: By the way, I don't think I've ever been wrong about anything.

"Andy is a top 5 QB", "Marvin is the best coach in the league", etc.  You blatantly troll these forums.  That's why you were banned from the old ones.  That's why, if you're the same Joe Pong (hard to believe there's more than one) you were banned from bearcatnews site.  Anyone can take about 10 seconds to look and they'll see examples of blatant trolling in about every other post in your history here.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 10:58 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: "Andy is a top 5 QB", "Marvin is the best coach in the league", etc.  You blatantly troll these forums.  That's why you were banned from the old ones.  That's why, if you're the same Joe Pong (hard to believe there's more than one) you were banned from bearcatnews site.  Anyone can take about 10 seconds to look and they'll see examples of blatant trolling in about every other post in your history here.

Yup.  I'm actually surprised that so few people remember him from before.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I started this thread and I'll continue on it.

I'm surprised this happened.

Whit is a great LT, don't get me wrong.

I don't get the whole "players play well in a contract year." mantra from Marvin, and then continues to sign players like Whit.

Whit is great, glad to have him... what are the details of this contract... its a one year extension? Do they do that often with O-lineman? Seems strange.

Maybe Obguehi's rehab isn't going as planned.

They said Whit hasn't given up a sack in 24 regular season games which made me think... even Whit is giving up sacks in the playoffs, WTF IS WRONG WITH US IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 11:44 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yup.  I'm actually surprised that so few people remember him from before.

I remember the name and I remember he was a nuisance but don't remember the ban hammer or how blatantly idiotic he was.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 10:57 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Looks like they'll be keeping Whit around for next year too.  I think it's a good move and he'll be a Bengal as long as he can play.  He's quite valuable to the team.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13742719/andrew-whitworth-cincinnati-bengals-signs-1-year-contract-extension

Said it before, and I'll say it again. Neither Cedric or Fisher are expected to replace Whit anytime soon.  One is insurance against Andre leaving, and the other is to upgrade the depth over Winston.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 11:44 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yup.  I'm actually surprised that so few people remember him from before.

Joe is posi troll legend.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 10:57 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Looks like they'll be keeping Whit around for next year too.  I think it's a good move and he'll be a Bengal as long as he can play.  He's quite valuable to the team.

This is great news for Whitt and for our team.

Someone may try and spin this as a negative, but I see no downside at all, just another great FO move.

Kudos to Katie and MB and also to Whitt for being a pro during the process. He deserves to retire a Bengal

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 12:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Said it before, and I'll say it again. Neither Cedric or Fisher are expected to replace Whit anytime soon.  One is insurance against Andre leaving, and the other is to upgrade the depth over Winston.

The great thing about Cedric and Jake is both are versatile enough to also play guard making our OL not only great now, but great depth for injury in the immediate future.

There are so many teams that would love to have our OL backups right now as Fisher is an upgrade for a few teams right now at RT. I love the way our FO keeps building/maintaining the players who deserve next contracts.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 10:58 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: "Andy is a top 5 QB", "Marvin is the best coach in the league", etc.  You blatantly troll these forums.  That's why you were banned from the old ones.  That's why, if you're the same Joe Pong (hard to believe there's more than one) you were banned from bearcatnews site.  Anyone can take about 10 seconds to look and they'll see examples of blatant trolling in about every other post in your history here.

He was on the old boards recently under a different name. I busted him on that:

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Pryor-cut?pid=18152#pid18152

I remember him. He was the first (and one of few) that I put on ignore.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote