Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Who’s the guy you want in the first.
(03-18-2023, 03:48 PM)BengalBob Wrote: BPA at a premium position.

After this week's signing, the only correct answer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:35 PM)TheFan Wrote: It's very unlikely to find an elite CB that late in the first. Those guys are gone usually in the top 10 because its such an important position. Any player we pick.os either going to have flaws or be a non premium position such as TE or RB. We went defense with basically our entire draft last year so I won't be surprised if we go offense this year. 

I think it will come down to BPA like last year but hope for a RT or TE because those are our biggest needs and likely best chance at value. 

Maybe, I know Chris Jones was taken with the 37 pick so some of those kind of guys do end up being available later.  We all watched how one guy, Jones wrecked us in the AFC Championship game.  I would like someone like that on our Defense.  Mahomes had way too much time in the pocket by comparison.  We cant let that happen again this coming year.  We absolutely need to get more pressure on the QB.  I think defense has to be the priority.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:54 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Maybe, I know Chris Jones was taken with the 37 pick so some of those kind of guys do end up being available later.  We all watched how one guy, Jones wrecked us in the AFC Championship game.  I would like someone like that on our Defense.  Mahomes had way too much time in the pocket by comparison.  We cant let that happen again this coming year.  We absolutely need to get more pressure on the QB.  I think defense has to be the priority.

Oh for sure. I'm not saying you're can't get great players, but it's likely going to take them a year or two to work on the flaws of their game (or else they would have been a lot higher). Even Jones took a couple years to really burst onto the scene. First or 2nd year Jones wouldn't have helped us at all last year. 

If a defensive player is BPA available I think we should definitely take them. Unless it's a RB, TE, or RT they're likely going to be a backup this year though. Even RT may be depending on what happens with Williams.

DJ is going into his last year though so may be the time to try to get another stud so they can have a year to develop and learn. 
Reply/Quote
For 1 day, I really liked the idea of Calijah Kancey in the first if he fell simply because we are missing that inside pass rush that helped us so much in 2021 (via Ogunjobi/Hill platoon).

But then Jonah had to go and request a trade, making RT an immediate need again, so I'm back to Darnell Wright, Dawand Jones or Anton Harrison.
Reply/Quote
No one. Trade it to Seattle for 37 and 52. let them get back in and take a QB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Right now I'm leaning Darnell Washington or Michael Mayer simply because they don't have any decent TE on the roster.
I lean Washington because he's a monster as a blocker and shows potential as a pass catcher.

If they sign a solid TE starter, I would lean either a RT or a CB.
Right now, they are missing that CB4 who would be first off the bench if Awuzie or CTB can't play.
Plus, Awuzie is entering his final year under contract and they might want to get a rookie to groom for his replacement after this season.
OT I could see waiting on if they do end up keeping Jonah Williams, but I feel they'll trade him, leaving RT wide open currently.
Unless Bijan Robinson dropped to 28, which I highly doubt, I wouldn't take a RB in Rd 1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hoping we are in a position and continue to be in positions to just take BPA and get a lot of high value/potential out of our picks so we can keep our absolute studs and rotate everyone else with value picks and affordable solid veterans
Reply/Quote
Ideally DL or OL but as long as it’s not a running back, I’ll be content.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:28 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Speaking of TE’s whatever happen to Jake Butt? Out if Michigan I believe. Was injured when drafted.

He retired in 2021 due to accumulated leg injuries.  He now works as an analyst for the Big 10 network

I think they are going TE

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I just want an impact player that will start or get a lot of reps this year.

The Dax pick while I understood the future plans... do not think he actually helped us in 2022.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:17 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Who do you want more than anyone in the first. Must be realistic. I was high on the TE Mayer but after doing some more digging I really like the other TE Kincaid. I think this kid will be a intermediate to down field threat. Reminds me of Ben Utecht or Dallas Clark. Really like Kraft too but not in the first. Kincaid can help ease the blow also if we do lose Higgins. Who do you want.

Darnell Wright

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Good Lord I hope the Georgia tight end is there at 28..what a beast his arms are long as hell You just got get it in his vicinity..he is a lineman playing tight end..if the right tackle is weak this guy will help enormously in strengthening that side ..the down side was his production at Georgia it’s low cause they had so many weapons and because of his size 6-7 he was a beast in blocking and opening up their running game..I believe he will get enormous production in the pros..I just don’t know if he will be there stock is rising fast after the combine.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Harrison Jr.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:28 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Speaking of TE’s whatever happen to Jake Butt? Out if Michigan I believe. Was injured when drafted.

He retired in July 2021.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
As the roster sits right now, I'd be hard pressed to pass up a RT if one of the top guys is on the board (Wright, Harrison, Jones)

I think you can get a TE in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 06:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Right now I'm leaning Darnell Washington or Michael Mayer simply because they don't have any decent TE on the roster.
I lean Washington because he's a monster as a blocker and shows potential as a pass catcher.

If they sign a solid TE starter, I would lean either a RT or a CB.
Right now, they are missing that CB4 who would be first off the bench if Awuzie or CTB can't play.
Plus, Awuzie is entering his final year under contract and they might want to get a rookie to groom for his replacement after this season.
OT I could see waiting on if they do end up keeping Jonah Williams, but I feel they'll trade him, leaving RT wide open currently.
Unless Bijan Robinson dropped to 28, which I highly doubt, I wouldn't take a RB in Rd 1.

I like Julius Brents as a CB4 ( not taking him in 1 tho obviously) and I actually think he may be better suited for safety. Had a solid combine as well.
Reply/Quote
With the signing of Orlando, I want Mayer more than ever, but I'd actually be content with Washington at TE or Harrison at tackle if Mayer's gone.

I just think Washington is more like a flashy receiver, whereas Mayer can be the safety net and the reliable outlet for Burrow, as well as making plays.
Reply/Quote
Will mcdonald - edge
Brian bresee - dt
Calijah kancey - dt
Dawand jones - ot
Emmanuel forbes - cb

Rd 2 - sam laporta - te
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 06:20 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Ideally DL or OL but as long as it’s not a running back, I’ll be content.

Why not RB? Late round 1 isn't really that different from early round 2 where we've found some good RBs before. The 5th year option I guess makes a difference depending on the player you get but if the RB is BPA I don't think it's a back pick if DL or OL is a reach. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 06:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Marvin Harrison Jr.

He's not in this draft class Cool
Reply/Quote