Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Who’s the guy you want in the first.
Give me Washington or Gibbs in round 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 07:49 PM)pulses Wrote: Give me Washington or Gibbs in round 1.

I'd go with Gibbs only if they pump "Stayin Alive" or "Jive Talkin'" into the stadium every time he scores.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 07:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd go with Gibbs only if they pump "Stayin Alive" or "Jive Talkin'" into the stadium every time he scores.

I'm sure they could come up with something Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:17 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Who do you want more than anyone in the first. Must be realistic. I was high on the TE Mayer but after doing some more digging I really like the other TE Kincaid. I think this kid will be a intermediate to down field threat. Reminds me of Ben Utecht or Dallas Clark. Really like Kraft too but not in the first. Kincaid can help ease the blow also if we do lose Higgins. Who do you want.

Kincaid is older and provides zero blocking, that a big no at #28 for me. 

Reply/Quote
Can’t recall a time where there has been this many diverse opinions on the first round pick position. It’s either we have a ton of holes which I don’t this is the case. Or we are all basically saying BPA without saying it. It’s pretty cool.

I’ll would love Kincaid, Mayer or Washington in the first. If Jonah gets traded, and I don’t think we will get much for him. Then we will need to address the RT position and hopefully one of those guys will be there in the second. Maybe even the TE Kraft who I like over LaPorta. If the best tackles are gone in the first, as well as the top 3 TE’s I would have to go with DT/DE. Prefer a game changer in the middle of the Dline.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Can’t recall a time where there has been this many diverse opinions on the first round pick position. It’s either we have a ton of holes which I don’t this is the case. Or we are all basically saying BPA without saying it. It’s pretty cool.

I’ll would love Kincaid, Mayer or Washington in the first. If Jonah gets traded, and I don’t think we will get much for him. Then we will need to address the RT position and hopefully one of those guys will be there in the second. Maybe even the TE Kraft who I like over LaPorta. If the best tackles are gone in the first, as well as the top 3 TE’s I would have to go with DT/DE. Prefer a game changer in the middle of the Dline.

What starting-level right tackle do you think would be available at 60?

I can name 4 TEs that would be, I hope we sign Moreau to calm the TE frenzy, especially for one that cannot block whatsoever or one that only blocks... (I do want one this draft, just hope we have a solid vet in place prior).

Reply/Quote
I would love Gibbs, Washington or Wright.
Reply/Quote
Looking at position priority what spot would you guys like to have filled as solid for the next 4 years?

RT
TE
RB

In our offense, the TE is the #5 option, Hurst caught 3-4 passes per game....
The Chiefs showed you can win a SB with a 7th round RB.

RT is crucial on every single offensive play, pass or run. RT also protects Joey Franchise. If Darnell Wright or Dawand Jones is available Im not sure of the logic to not take either of them over TE & RB?

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 05:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: For 1 day, I really liked the idea of Calijah Kancey in the first if he fell simply because we are missing that inside pass rush that helped us so much in 2021 (via Ogunjobi/Hill platoon).

But then Jonah had to go and request a trade, making RT an immediate need again, so I'm back to Darnell Wright, Dawand Jones or Anton Harrison.

Jonah needs to shut up, play RT, and collect his $12 million, and hopefully that’s next to a 6’7” Bulldog just to rub it in a little.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: What starting-level right tackle do you think would be available at 60?

I can name 4 TEs that would be, I hope we sign Moreau to calm the TE frenzy, especially for one that cannot block whatsoever or one that only blocks... (I do want one this draft, just hope we have a solid vet in place prior).

Freeland  Bergeron or possibly Mauch
Reply/Quote
I kind of wanted to make a thread about my opinion, but I haven’t done enough research. But here it goes. First of all let me say, I would like to grab an OL if one is available and at least top 4 players available. However, Without naming actual players, I think there is a lot of logic of grabbing a WR - again, assuming he’s a top 4 more like top player available.

The Bengals aren’t in rebuild mode anymore. We’re in maintain talent mode. We have to replace top talent with cheap talent via draft or FA pickups who we get on the low and hope they come out playing well above their contract (like the S Scott we just signed). Way too much money is going to go in to Burrow Chase, Higgins, Brown.

I believe, they way the NFL is going, behind QB, WR will be the highest paid position, by far. We may not be there quite yet, but it’s getting there. So from a pure financial decision, why not grab WR talents coming out of college, who are becoming more and more NFL ready every year. Look at the last couple drafts, there’s been so many solid to really good receivers.

This pick could either replace Higgins AFTER his up coming extension, or even replace Boyd. Not as a slot receiver- we can move chase and maybe pick #28 from the X to the Z quite a bit. I would go OL first, but if the talent isn’t there, why not grab another weapon for Burrow. He could either replace a current wr in 2-5 years or could be a trade piece, or even Higgins could be a trade piece in 2 years.

I just think besides QB- the nfl values WR the most. Why not get what every GM wants, another WR?
Reply/Quote
If we sign Moreau I’m happy to wait until the 3rd to draft a TE and go with an inside pass rusher at 28.

If we are to take a TE in the first Darnell Washington no matter what.

Also depends on what we get for Jonah and if he’s deffo out the door.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:44 PM)pulses Wrote: Freeland  Bergeron or possibly Mauch

Mauch is likely going to guard, I like Freeland but apparently he is a year away, Bergeron didnt have the best pass protect year.  Im not confident after Wright, D Jones, may McClendon?

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:36 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Looking at position priority what spot would you guys like to have filled as solid for the next 4 years?

RT
TE
RB

In our offense, the TE is the #5 option, Hurst caught 3-4 passes per game....
The Chiefs showed you can win a SB with a 7th round RB.

RT is crucial on every single offensive play, pass or run.  RT also protects Joey Franchise.  If Darnell Wright or Dawand Jones is available Im not sure of the logic to not take either of them over TE & RB?

Take the tackle.  Build the foundation.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 09:39 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I kind of wanted to make a thread about my opinion, but I haven’t done enough research. But here it goes. First of all let me say, I would like to grab an OL if one is available and at least top 4 players available. However, Without naming actual players, I think there is a lot of logic of grabbing a WR - again, assuming he’s a top 4 more like top player available.

The Bengals aren’t in rebuild mode anymore. We’re in maintain talent mode. We have to replace top talent with cheap talent via draft or FA pickups who we get on the low and hope they come out playing well above their contract (like the S Scott we just signed). Way too much money is going to go in to Burrow Chase, Higgins, Brown.

I believe, they way the NFL is going, behind QB, WR will be the highest paid position, by far. We may not be there quite yet, but it’s getting there. So from a pure financial decision, why not grab WR talents coming out of college, who are becoming more and more NFL ready every year. Look at the last couple drafts, there’s been so many solid to really good receivers.

This pick could either replace Higgins AFTER his up coming extension, or even replace Boyd. Not as a slot receiver- we can move chase and maybe pick #28 from the X to the Z quite a bit. I would go OL first, but if the talent isn’t there, why not grab another weapon for Burrow. He could either replace a current wr in 2-5 years or could be a trade piece, or even Higgins could be a trade piece in 2 years.

I just think besides QB- the nfl values WR the most. Why not get what every GM wants, another WR?

You don’t have to do research to have an opinion. Everyone has one after all. Especially when talking about who the team should take in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 09:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Mauch is likely going to guard, I like Freeland but apparently he is a year away, Bergeron didnt have the best pass protect year.  Im not confident after Wright, D Jones, may McClendon?

McClendon is graded like a 5th or 6th rounder.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 09:50 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: If we sign Moreau I’m happy to wait until the 3rd to draft a TE and go with an inside pass rusher at 28.

If we are to take a TE in the first Darnell Washington no matter what.

Also depends on what we get for Jonah and if he’s deffo out the door.

You can get a good inside pass rusher like Kobie Turner in the 4th or 5th round.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 08:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: What starting-level right tackle do you think would be available at 60?

When I said hopefully one of those guys will be available in the second I was referring to the TE’s. Might be a decent Right tackle in the second but I wouldn’t wait till then.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 09:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Mauch is likely going to guard, I like Freeland but apparently he is a year away, Bergeron didnt have the best pass protect year.  Im not confident after Wright, D Jones, may McClendon?
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Warren-McClendon-OL-Georgia
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:33 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: This, except I'm taking Kancey first if he is there. 

Me too!
Reply/Quote