Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Who-Dey" Is Offensive?!
Lol I love how racist is thrown around these days. What a joke . Every time these idiots do this they take away from actual racism that gets dusted under the rug because of this overuse.
Reply/Quote
Hudepohl was a very popular beer here many years ago, and the vendors walking up and down the aisles at the old ball yard would shout "Hudey - Hudey! Get your ice-cold Hudey here!"

As the Bengals moved in, and became popular, the "Hudey" call morphed into "WhoDey!"

Piss on the rest of the 'stories' about it.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Calling something so inconsequential racist only weakens the legitimate cases of racism when they do occur.

Made even worse by the fact that the author is white. Feels so much like he's trying to 'score points' with black people. Which is, in itself, racist.

There are so many actual examples of racism in our society, why the author felt he had to reach so far for this story is baffling to me.
Reply/Quote
Get ready for his next article:

The "Reds" in Cincinnati Reds, even though a shortening of the original Redstockings, is offensive and insensitive to Russian Americans that suffered so much scrutiny here during the Cold War.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 08:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: At the same time, he fails to mention that the majority of players who are chanting it in the locker room are African-American...a point which conveniently alluded him.  Rolleyes

But that doesn't fit their narrative  Who Dey
Also their article is offensive to me. So there's that Ninja
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Why am I not surprised that reverse racism was going to be mentioned?
Reply/Quote
Seriously this world is just completely dumb!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 09:27 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: All the people who say things like this and attack names like Redskins and Chiefs have a right to their opinions.  Just as I have a right to call them morons for said opinions and ignore it.

I don't see people upset about "Chiefs", but come on... the term "Redskin" is extremely offensive.  All of that being said the "Who Dey" is not meant in a derogatory manner at all.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 07:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We've officially hit rock bottom. Now this writer, who happens to be white, is calling "Who-Dey" racist because of the "dey" is in Ebonics.

I've grown up all my life in Cincinnati and never tied it to Ebonics; in fact, in never even crossed my mind! If people were acting a certain way when they said it that would portray a certain way of living that was making fun of, or even copying, black people, then I might understand, but it's just our chant and is more of a cheerful song than anything. I don't know of anyone that has ever even considered it as something from the black culture.

Here's the article:

What a joke.

Well Ebonics isnt language... so his opinion doesnt matter.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 01:18 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I generally find that those who claim that so-and-so or such-and-such is racist are the real racists in our society. 

That is exactly what all the racist say.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 10:59 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't see people upset about "Chiefs", but come on... the term "Redskin" is extremely offensive. 

You obviously don't know how this works.  You don't look at issues like this on an individual basis and apply logical analysis.  Instead you just take a stand against anything those "PC pusssies" suggest , and proudly defend our god-given rights as Americans to support offensive stereotypes.

Redskins is offensive, but this "Who Dey" chant is not.

Here is my reasoning.  If our opponents were African American and we were mocking them, then I think that would be offensive.  If we were making fun of the way another languages sounds, like when people speak gibberish sounds to imitate Chinese, then I think it would be offensive.  Instead it is a chant  or cheer that shows support of our own team.  As fans we shout it back and forth at each other, not as an insult, but as a symbol of pride.  It is not the same as adopting a racial slur as a team name.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You obviously don't know how this works.  You don't look at issues like this on an individual basis and apply logical analysis.  Instead you just take a stand against anything those "PC pusssies" suggest , and proudly defend our god-given rights as Americans to support offensive stereotypes.

Redskins is offensive, but this "Who Dey" chant is not.

Here is my reasoning.  If our opponents were African American and we were mocking them, then I think that would be offensive.  If we were making fun of the way another languages sounds, like when people speak gibberish sounds to imitate Chinese, then I think it would be offensive.  Instead it is a chant  or cheer that shows support of our own team.  As fans we shout it back and forth at each other, not as an insult, but as a symbol of pride.  It is not the same as adopting a racial slur as a team name.

Agreed.  It is not meant at all derogatory. 
Reply/Quote
Who dey !!!! I'm tired of all of this stupid pc crap
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:58 PM)Trademark Wrote: Who dey !!!! I'm tired of all of this stupid pc crap

[Image: latest?cb=20150919151808]
Reply/Quote
PC= the world moving forward

Non PC= not caring who you offend and unable to see how you offend

This pretty much sums it up.
Reply/Quote
I'm getting offended by all the people who get offended by all the people labeling everything offensive.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 20150703_142710_fghggbb_sm.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
No comment section? Damn I was looking forward to reading some.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I think this is him... I think he is upset cause he looks like Jared Fogle... More than anything.. His look is upsetting to me I feel offended... I mean how am I supposed to know if this guy since he looks like Jared doesn't conduct himself like Jared. I take offense to his appearance.
He is trying really hard to look like Jared Seriously that should say something about his character. I take offense.

[Image: DSC01854_400x400.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 03:57 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I think this is him...  I think he is upset cause he looks like Jared Fogle...  More than anything..  His look is upsetting to me I feel offended...   I mean how am I supposed to know if this guy since he looks like Jared doesn't conduct himself like Jared.  I take offense to his appearance.  
He is trying really hard to look like Jared Seriously that should say something about his character.  I take offense.  

[Image: DSC01854_400x400.jpg]

Kinda looks like he's trying to sport an afro there.  Don't black have afros?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote