Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Who-Dey" Is Offensive?!
(12-09-2015, 07:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I try not to let things offend me.  Because spending my life offended by everything isnt how i want to live.

Now a days people seem to be going out of their way to be offended by something.  Looking for something to be offended by,

then you have the crusaiders that if they hear something has offended someone it is now the new worst thing ever even if it has no baring on them or they were never offended by it till they heard someone else was. 

The Best instance of this is when a word is used as slang for a different meaning that what the word actually has. 

But generally its best to flip it if it is something you might find offense and its being used for just that purpose then not acting or being offended by it will stop that pretty quick.  People only try to offend you to get a reaction... just simply deny them that reaction.

Don't get me wrong, the PC police have really gone ape lately, but I personally point out that being a straight, able-bodied, white, man in this country probably helps me "laugh off" more offensive things than others.  But hey, that's subject to change.  Dead baby jokes are probably tastelessly funny until your wife has a miscarriage, or something.  Again, I've not experienced much that makes me the subject of any particular offense.

Anyways, this WHO DEY thing seems like a pile o' mularkey to say the least.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 10:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Again, I've not experienced much that makes me the subject of any particular offense.

I can legitimately say that I have....but people like me are expected to "laugh it off".  If I can...others can....or they can quit saying offensive things in my presence.  There are some double standards out there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 09:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm offended by the black tee shirt under the black polo...

LOL!!!  Dude did not even notice this!!  LOL!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 10:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: I can legitimately say that I have....but people like me are expected to "laugh it off".  If I can...others can....or they can quit saying offensive things in my presence.  There are some double standards out there.

I hear ya.  I just feel like there is this subculture emerging that hears someone complain about something being offensive and then immediately rushes to do, or say whatever it is in question.  It sort of reminds me of telling a 2 year old NOT to do something and seeing doing that one thing becoming his sole focus on this earth almost immediately.  It's more funny and odd than anything.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 10:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya.  I just feel like there is this subculture emerging that hears someone complain about something being offensive and then immediately rushes to do, or say whatever it is in question.  It sort of reminds me of telling a 2 year old NOT to do something and seeing doing that one thing becoming his sole focus on this earth almost immediately.  It's more funny and odd than anything.

Oh yeah...definitely agree with that.  Those pukes come off as petulant little children. There is another subculture that believes you can say anything you want to a certain sect(s) of the population.  My point is....either go all of the way with your PC bullshit , or quit being a goddamned hypocrite. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 10:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya.  I just feel like there is this subculture emerging that hears someone complain about something being offensive and then immediately rushes to do, or say whatever it is in question.  It sort of reminds me of telling a 2 year old NOT to do something and seeing doing that one thing becoming his sole focus on this earth almost immediately.  It's more funny and odd than anything.

That's exactly why PC is what it is to this day. People offended by other people being offended. And then going on an offend mission. You can see it play out on this thread.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 07:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: People only try to offend you to get a reaction... just simply deny them that reaction.

He says in multiple posts complainhing about political correctness.  Funny how people aho act like NOTHING bothers them somehow get upset over politcal correctness.

Personally if I know something offends other people then I stop doing it.  If it was something special to me or I was asked to make some huge sacrifice then it moght be different.  But toi simply stop using a word that offends other people is no big deal to me.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 09:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Dude needs to read his history. We were using "who dey" a.k.a "Hudey" before the Aints started using  "who dat". One refers to (among other local goodies) beer and "who dat" is a term for their local minstrel shows and also a local high school cheer.

Who Dey did not come about from beer. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote