Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Be The Preseason Star?
Every year there's a guy on this roster who impresses during preseason. I don't mean a starter, I mean a backup or even a 3rd stringer. It always happens. Look at people's love for Cobi Hamilton for example. Jayson DiManche even made a name for himself here. The list could go on.

So, which player do you think will be our preseason star?

I think Jake Kumerow is an easy pick, and I could see it. But I think this year's preseason star is going to be Clayton Fejedelem.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I've got two words for ya!  ( in my best WWE voice)

Nick Vigil! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
DeShawn Williams
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
AJ McCarron! Oh My What A STUD BACKUP!!>!>J!LK#:H!H
Reply/Quote
I'm calling it now....as soon as Uzumorzouorurehaha catches a single pass someone will declare him and Kroft to be our 2-TE set that makes us the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
Willy Jacks
Reply/Quote
Brandon Tate.
Reply/Quote
DyShawn Mobley
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Billings.
Reply/Quote
Rex Burkhead
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 03:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I've got two words for ya!  ( in my best WWE voice)

Nick Vigil! 
I only disagree because All Pro players don't see much action in the preseason.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Paul Dawson.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
I still remember when Margus Hunt got 4 sacks in the 2014 preseason and a bunch of people freaked out, reading into it WAY too much.

Or when Dane Sanzenbacher put up 5/100/1 in the 2013 preseason and people were convinced he was going to be something great.

- - - - - - -

Preseason stars are a joke. AJ Green put up 3/42/0 in the 2013 preseason. Carlos Dunlap's only stats in the entire 2014 preseason was a singular tackle.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Margus Hunt, again. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Cody Core. The legend begins.......
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 08:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I still remember when Margus Hunt got 4 sacks in the 2014 preseason and a bunch of people freaked out, reading into it WAY too much.

Or when Dane Sanzenbacher put up 5/100/1 in the 2013 preseason and people were convinced he was going to be something great.

- - - - - - -

Preseason stars are a joke. AJ Green put up 3/42/0 in the 2013 preseason. Carlos Dunlap's only starts in the entire 2014 preseason was a singular tackle.

At the same time, you have players that do stand out in preseason for example Burfict had a very solid start to his career against the Jets, 6 tackles and an int or Skuta in 2011 when he finally found the field more he showed he could play in the NFL.  

The preseason is hard to predict overall performance of a player especially due  to players playing against 3rd and 4th string type players to accurately evaluate their performance but no way would I say that there are not stand outs each year on teams that can be fairly evaluated. 
Reply/Quote
Ben-Gals!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I remember Geno Atkins being a preseason star after posting like 3.5 sacks as a rookie.

Of course, Marv "brought him along slowly", so we didn't see his true potential until the following year.

That said, it's rare that any of these preseason all-pro's actually amount to anything. We'll probably have more McCarron hype. Late round WR's always get hyped, so look out for Core. McCarron to Core will probably be more popular than Dalton to Green. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 08:35 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Cody Core.  The legend begins.......

Yup...I had to find that thread posted a week or so back to remember his name but I do believe he will be that "Preseason Star" that everyone is shocked at when he signs a practice squad contract. Then he'll be loved even more when he turns down Tampa Bay to stay with the Bengals and will become Calvin Johnson!
Reply/Quote
I'm going Margus Hunt - again

He'll get in and get good push against 3rd string camp bodies, rack up a couple sacks and there will be those that claim he's finally arrived. Next Reggie White !
Reply/Quote