Poll: Who wins a playoff game first from the 2018 season on Bengals or Browns?
Bengals
Browns
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins A Playoff Game First?
(03-05-2018, 11:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Because I said "they think they know what they are doing" even though it's without success?

I'm not sure what you claim I'm giving them too much credit for?

Mike Brown clearly thinks he does things properly.

That is why he is in the minority of owners(sometimes the only one)when it comes to what he believes.

That is why he continues to employ Marvin and handle free agency/draft in an unorthodox manner.

Okay, maybe it's football competitive insanity but a sound-minded way fiscally.

Ah, well now that you spell it out for me it does seem we're on the same page.  Sorry I insinuated you had faith in Mike Brown!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 12:15 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yes, but the question is who wins a playoff game first, not who makes it back first. :andy:

Gotta make it there first to win, and the Browns have a lot of work to do to on that front. Hence the Bengals odds of winning one first are far better. And we were damn close to winning our last playoff game.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 01:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gotta make it there first to win, and the Browns have a lot of work to do to on that front. Hence the Bengals odds of winning one first are far better.  And we were damn close to winning our last playoff game.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
I'll admit the Browns are REALLY hard to believe in, but we managed to go from 4-12 to making the playoffs 5 years in a row in one off-season, so meh...maybe the Browns can use the #1 and #4 overall picks to change their fortunes, too.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 02:30 PM)GodFather Wrote: Who wins a playoff game first from the 2018 season on Bengals or Browns? I would say with a heavy heart the Browns without a doubt in my mind. It should leave no doubt in anyones mind after Brown's decisions this season that the Bengals aren't going sniff any playoff victory game with him making any decisions on this organization and the Browns will at some point get their shit together and have some very good players with the abundant of draft picks they have upcoming.

Cincy will have the Merv and Mike show repeating the same episode over and over thinking they are close...

I voted Bengals on the basis that neither Mikey or Marvin are involved! But, it won't happen while these two are driving the bus.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 01:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gotta make it there first to win, and the Browns have a lot of work to do to on that front. Hence the Bengals odds of winning one first are far better.  And we were damn close to winning our last playoff game.

True, but I had more faith in this notion before we had the back-to-back losing seasons.  Again, what really drove home the idea that our slow approach isn't bearing fruit is that we still haven't won a playoff game and the Jaguars, who hadn't had a winning season in a decade and were wasting time with at least one total bust top 10 QB pick while we were having our 5-time playoff bound golden age, completely leapfrogged us and beat the Steelers and won multiple playoff games.

I'm not saying we have to completely retool the franchise, but we've seen enough franchises rebuild and win in the playoffs to take the luster off our slow and steady approach.  Other teams who were worse than us during our nice stretch from 2011-2015 have won in the playoffs before we did, so the Browns...maybe.  Then again, they're the Browns so I can never see them winning, either.

So a quick glance of teams that were worse than us at some point between 2011-2015 but ended up winning a playoff game or more before we us:

Steelers
Ravens
Texans
Colts
Jaguars
Titans
Cheifs
Broncos
Cowboys
Eagles
Packers
Vikings
Falcons
Panthers
Saints
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams

So could the Browns leap over us and find post-season success sooner than we have despite our better record of winning in the regular season and making the playoffs?  Probably not, but most of the other teams have.  And this list doesn't include the Jets or Giants or 49ers who were in the AFC Championship game, in the SB, and winning the SB during or the year before our rebirth.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 12:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but I had more faith in this notion before we had the back-to-back losing seasons.  Again, what really drove home the idea that our slow approach isn't bearing fruit is that we still haven't won a playoff game and the Jaguars, who hadn't had a winning season in a decade and were wasting time with at least one total bust top 10 QB pick while we were having our 5-time playoff bound golden age, completely leapfrogged us and beat the Steelers and won multiple playoff games.

I'm not saying we have to completely retool the franchise, but we've seen enough franchises rebuild and win in the playoffs to take the luster off our slow and steady approach.  Other teams who were worse than us during our nice stretch from 2011-2015 have won in the playoffs before we did, so the Browns...maybe.  Then again, they're the Browns so I can never see them winning, either.

So a quick glance of teams that were worse than us at some point between 2011-2015 but ended up winning a playoff game or more before we us:

Steelers
Ravens
Texans
Colts
Jaguars
Titans
Cheifs
Broncos
Cowboys
Eagles
Packers
Vikings
Falcons
Panthers
Saints
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams

So could the Browns leap over us and find post-season success sooner than we have despite our better record of winning in the regular season and making the playoffs?  Probably not, but most of the other teams have.  And this list doesn't include the Jets or Giants or 49ers who were in the AFC Championship game, in the SB, and winning the SB during or the year before our rebirth.

Wow, over half the league. 

I mean it just takes a few key pieces to fall into place and things can turn around quickly. They have a laundry list of bad QB,s bad coaches....well, just an overall bad org. But things can change  (Shocked) and they can change for the better rather quickly. Ask the Eagles.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 12:56 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Wow, over half the league. 

I mean it just takes a few key pieces to fall into place and things can turn around quickly. They have a laundry list of bad QB,s bad coaches....well, just an overall bad org. But things can change  (Shocked) and they can change for the better rather quickly. Ask the Eagles.

Hell, just look at this year....

Playoff games were won by the Saints, Falcons, Jaguars, Titans, Vikings, Eagles, and Patriots.  Other than the Patriots, all of those teams had multiple losing seasons during our 5-time playoff stretch...some of them winning only 2-5 games in a season to boot.  Teams turn it around all the time and go on short runs while we keep thinking eventually the brick wall will collapse if we keep hitting it with a pillow...er something. 

Anyways, I need to get more real life stuff done today!
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 11:42 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: In no way would I be shocked if Cleveland gets a playoff win before the M&M show ! And have no idea why anyone would disagree with that with the mountain of evidence in front of them ?

"mountain of evidence"?

Every shred of evidence points to the Bengals being closer to a playoff win than the Browns.

What is the "mountain of evidence" that shows that the Browns are closer than the Bengals?
Reply/Quote

Treu, but, see this:

(03-06-2018, 08:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit the Browns are REALLY hard to believe in, but we managed to go from 4-12 to making the playoffs 5 years in a row in one off-season, so meh...maybe the Browns can use the #1 and #4 overall picks to change their fortunes, too.

.....and this:

(03-07-2018, 12:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but I had more faith in this notion before we had the back-to-back losing seasons.  Again, what really drove home the idea that our slow approach isn't bearing fruit is that we still haven't won a playoff game and the Jaguars, who hadn't had a winning season in a decade and were wasting time with at least one total bust top 10 QB pick while we were having our 5-time playoff bound golden age, completely leapfrogged us and beat the Steelers and won multiple playoff games.

Steelers
Ravens
Texans
Colts
Jaguars
Titans
Cheifs
Broncos
Cowboys
Eagles
Packers
Vikings
Falcons
Panthers
Saints
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams

:andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Let's see if hue can break the 10 win mark first....

For his career lol...

With that said, I voted browns... mainly because I fat fingered the button, which makes sense considering I am a bengals fan...
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "mountain of evidence"?

Every shred of evidence points to the Bengals being closer to a playoff win than the Browns.

What is the "mountain of evidence" that shows that the Browns are closer than the Bengals?

0-7 in the Playoffs under Marv.

Of course i voted for the Bengals but this is like the worst record of all time for a HC in the Playoffs.

We should of beat the Stealers though, we were right there but once again choked. Maybe we can eek out a Playoff win.

With the Browns i will have to see them win a couple games under Hue before i could ever think of them even sniffing the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I think the point is Marvin CANT win a playoff game. So if I polled "Who wins a Playoff game first Bengals or Shake, Nate and a Sprinkle of Wyche's Warriors?"  

My choice would be the three boys without a second thought! LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 05:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 0-7 in the Playoffs under Marv.

How the hell is it WORSE to make the playoffs and lose than to not make the playoffs at all?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 05:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 0-7 in the Playoffs under Marv.

Of course i voted for the Bengals but this is like the worst record of all time for a HC in the Playoffs.

We should of beat the Stealers though, we were right there but once again choked. Maybe we can eek out a Playoff win.

With the Browns i will have to see them win a couple games under Hue before i could ever think of them even sniffing the Playoffs.

I've said this before, but our chance to eek out a playoff win was 2015.  I figured the Jets would beat the lousy Bills in NY and Fitzpatrick would come to Cincy and throw 4 INTs and we'd win by default.  Instead, Fitz throws 4 INTs against the Bills and lets the Steelers into the playoffs.  They come to Cincy and our QB plays one decent quarter of football and we all oooh and aahh and say we should have won.

Feh, shoulda blah blah blah we lost.  We lost in the same way we lost to AZ earlier in the year.  
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 07:35 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think the point is Marvin CANT win a playoff game.

Based on this logic it is IMPOSSIBLE for the Browns to even make the playoffs.

See any problem with your argument now?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 07:35 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think the point is Marvin CANT win a playoff game. So if I polled "Who wins a Playoff game first Bengals or Shake, Nate and a Sprinkle of Wyche's Warriors?"  

My choice would be the three boys without a second thought! LOL

Lol

(03-07-2018, 07:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How the hell is it WORSE to make the playoffs and lose than to not make the playoffs at all?

Its not, when did i say that?

(03-07-2018, 07:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've said this before, but our chance to eek out a playoff win was 2015.  I figured the Jets would be the lousy Bills in NY and Fitzpatrick would come to Cincy and throw 4 INTs and we'd win by default.  Instead, Fitz throws 4 INTs against the Bills and lets the Steelers into the playoffs.  They come to Cincy and our QB plays one decent quarter of football and we all oooh and aahh and say we should have won.

Feh, shoulda blah blah blah we lost.  We lost in the same way we lost to AZ earlier in the year.  

Still doesn't mean we won't have another chance Nately. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 07:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still doesn't mean we won't have another chance Nately. :andy:

True, but this whole "we will get it eventually!" mentality played a lot better before the back to back losing seasons.
Reply/Quote
The Browns because they actually spend money unlike this cheapskate team
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 07:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but this whole "we will get it eventually!" mentality played a lot better before the back to back losing seasons.

Also true but the main reason we had back to back losing seasons is now gone in my opinion and has been replaced with someone competent.
Reply/Quote