Poll: Who wins a playoff game first from the 2018 season on Bengals or Browns?
Bengals
Browns
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins A Playoff Game First?
(03-07-2018, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on this logic it is IMPOSSIBLE for the Browns to even make the playoffs.

See any problem with your argument now?

No because the Browns make changes therefore changing the equation. When you have the same formula you get the same outcomes.  Lewis= 0-7 and counting...
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 10:37 PM)GodFather Wrote: No because the Browns make changes therefore changing the equation. When you have the same formula you get the same outcomes.  Lewis= 0-7 and counting...

Yep.  I'm not banging the drum for the Browns, but we've seen a number of teams that were lousy during our 5-year run win playoff games before us, so I'm thinking our quality of stability just hain't cutting it.

The Titans were picking 2nd overall and then 1st overall in back to back drafts while we were winning 10/12 games to their 2/3 and they managed to go on the road and win a playoff game and we didn't. So now the Browns are picking 1st overall twice in a row and we are winning 6 and 7 games in that timeframe...maybe this time it can't happen? Who knows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 09:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yep.  I'm not banging the drum for the Browns, but we've seen a number of teams that were lousy during our 5-year run win playoff games before us, so I'm thinking our quality of stability just hain't cutting it.

The Titans were picking 2nd overall and then 1st overall in back to back drafts while we were winning 10/12 games to their 2/3 and they managed to go on the road and win a playoff game and we didn't.  So now the Browns are picking 1st overall twice in a row and we are winning 6 and 7 games in that timeframe...maybe this time it can't happen?  Who knows.

So your logic is that teams that have been bad are more likely to win playoff games than teams that have been good?

Stop and think about that logic for a moment.  I know some people will go through amazing feats of mental gymnastics to shit on the Bengals, but I think this is a bit over the top.

"Other teams that have been bad have won playoff games, therefore teams that have been bad are more likely to win playoff games than teams that have been good."

Seriously?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 10:37 PM)GodFather Wrote: No because the Browns make changes therefore changing the equation.

First of all we have made changes also.

Second, how many playoff games does a team have to lose before it is proof that they will never win another one?

One?  Two? Three?  Exactly where is the line?
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 09:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all we have made changes also.

Second,  how many playoff games does a team have to lose before it is proof that they will never win another one?

One?  Two? Three?  Exactly where is the line?

No we did not, and you know it. Changing the water boy isn't going to win a playoff game. 

The line is with 7 losses, Marvin has shown he does not have the ability to win one. Pure and simple. 

If I was your financial investor and lost money for you every year since Marvin has been HC would you continue to let me invest your retirement money even though I have lost money for you from the onset?

And my reaction to you was  "How many investments does an advisor have to lose before it is proof that he will never produce a profit?

One?  Two? Three?  Exactly where is the line?"
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 09:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So your logic is that teams that have been bad are more likely to win playoff games than teams that have been good?

Stop and think about that logic for a moment.  I know some people will go through amazing feats of mental gymnastics to shit on the Bengals, but I think this is a bit over the top.

"Other teams that have been bad have won playoff games, therefore teams that have been bad are more likely to win playoff games than teams that have been good."

Seriously?

No, not seriously.  I pointed out that during our golden era of making the playoffs from 2011-2015 multiple teams who won far fewer games than us during that span have achieved far more in the post-season than we have.  My main point is that I don't see the Browns winning a playoff game before us, but who would you pick to win a playoff game first in these scenarios?

after 2011 - the 9-7 reborn Bengals or the 3-13 Vikings?
after 2012 - the 10-6 Bengals or the 2-14 Chiefs, the 5-11 Cardinals or the 4-12 Eagles?
after 2013 - the 11-5 Bengals or the 2-14 Texans or the 4-12 Falcons?
after 2014 - the 10-5 Bengals or the 2-14 Titans or the 6-10 Falcons?
after 2015 - the 12-4 Shoulda Won the SB Bengals or the 5-11 Jaguars, 3-13 Titans, the 7-9 Eagles, or the 7-9 AGAIN Saints?

After that we stopped being so good in the regular season, but still the Jaguars, Eagles, and Saints had losing seasons before winning a playoff game this year.  Winning a playoff game is a big thing for us, and since we got good again for a while there we managed to watch almost the entire NFL go from below us, to winning a playoff game before us.

I'm not concluding anything, but seeing other teams achieve less and then more than us while they swap out HCs and GMs and we stay the course can't be brushed off, can it?  Maybe the Browns become the 19th franchise out of 31 to go from below us to above us.  Maybe.  That's all I'm saying.
Reply/Quote
On a personal and amusing note, the real kicker is that I'm a Bengals fan and my gf is a Jaguars fan and we both went into this season with our usual "Hope we lose less than usual" mindset. When the season is over one of our teams beat the Steelers twice, won two playoff games, and went to the AFC Championship game. Amazingly, it was the team that went 3-13 the year before, regularly has 1st round picks fall apart in training camp, and is led by a QB who openly stated that he isn't a natural thrower of the football.

Something just hain't right here.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 10:23 AM)GodFather Wrote: No we did not, and you know it. Changing the water boy isn't going to win a playoff game. 

The line is with 7 losses, Marvin has shown he does not have the ability to win one. Pure and simple. 

If I was your financial investor and lost money for you every year since Marvin has been HC would you continue to let me invest your retirement money even though I have lost money for you from the onset?

And my reaction to you was  "How many investments does an advisor have to lose before it is proof that he will never produce a profit?

One?  Two? Three?  Exactly where is the line?"

Umm...yes we did. New DC and new Oline coach. The latter is a huge change considering he’d been here even longer than Marvin.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 10:23 AM)GodFather Wrote: No we did not, and you know it.

Yes we did, and yoiu know it.  In fact it was one of the biggest changes you had been asking for for years.

But now that it has happened you have to pretend that it didn't because it might get in the way of your whining.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 03:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes we did, and yoiu know it.  In fact it was one of the biggest changes you had been asking for for years.

But now that it has happened you have to pretend that it didn't because it might get in the way of your whining.

Well we can wait till the season starts again and when they tank you can disappear and re-appear after the season is over with "Stats" why they will do well the next year...

...only to disappear yet again 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 01:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Umm...yes we did. New DC and new Oline coach. The latter is a huge change considering he’d been here even longer than Marvin.

We changed our DC because he didn't want to come back not because we were making a change for the better. In fact, they were trying to re-sign Paulie up till the end.

Changing the Line coach is great, Im not arguing that, but thats not going to produce a ring...
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 05:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well we can wait till the season starts again and when they tank you can disappear and re-appear after the season is over with "Stats" why they will do well the next year...

...only to disappear yet again 

You have been around long enough to know better than this.

And you guys that predict doom and gloom every year have been wrong plenty of times.  
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have been around long enough to know better than this.

And you guys that predict doom and gloom every year have been wrong plenty of times.  

But one prediction that has yet to be wrong is Lewis can't win a playoff game  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 06:37 PM)GodFather Wrote: But one prediction that has yet to be wrong is Lewis can't win a playoff game  Ninja

That is the exact same argument people used for year to prove that Marvin could never take the Bengals to the playoffs on a consistent basis.

On the old board everyone knew exactly how long it had been since the Bengals went to playoffs back-to-back years.  it was one of those badges of pride among the haters just like "0-7" is today.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is the exact same argument people used for year to prove that Marvin could never take the Bengals to the playoffs on a consistent basis.

On the old board everyone knew exactly how long it had been since the Bengals went to playoffs back-to-back years.  it was one of those badges of pride among the haters just like "0-7" is today.

0-7 in the playoffs isn’t a badge of pride. It’s a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Browns might be better than us this season. Landry, Gordon, Coleman, Barkley....
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 07:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: 0-7 in the playoffs isn’t a badge of pride.  It’s a fact.

It is both.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 07:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is both.

Right.  It's not a badge of pride.  And it's a fact
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 06:43 PM)Trademark Wrote: Browns might be better than us this season. Landry, Gordon, Coleman, Barkley....

You forgot McCarron and a solid o-line.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Browns just signed Jarvis Landry form Miami, meanwhile Marvin is finding a FA who is the right fit for Cincy and signed TE Buck Naked.

Careful guys who picked Cincy....the road to mediocrity continues in 2018... Ninja
Reply/Quote